It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TEXAS Billboard: 'SEALs Removed One Threat To America, Remove The Other In November'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by totallackey
reply to post by olaru12

If you can't respect the man; at least respect the office.

If I read this phrase one more time, I think I am going to puke...What the hell does this mean? The man in the office SHOULD RESPECT THE OFFICE!!! All of these guys treat the office like a kid in a candy store...Show me some of them that behave with respect toward the office,,,then come back and post this crapola..

we survived 12 yrs with a bush in office u can survive 4 (or 8) with obama.

edit on 25-8-2012 by krossfyter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by krossfyter

Who is "we?" You got a mouse in your pocket or something?

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by totallackey

Who is "we?" You got a mouse in your pocket or something?

americans duh.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

americans duh.

Like I thought...some outsider thinking they can dictate what I think I need to survive...read this, I do not need you telling me about politics or trying to finger Bush as a bigger bad guy than Obama or vice versa...read my posts, or are you too stuck in your sense of foreign superiority?

We cannot survive anymore statist rule at all...they do not wish us to survive...

All of what we are dealing with is based on some sick sense of the "divine right of kings." Well, as far as I am concerned it is neither divine nor is it kingly.

Furthermore, how on the one hand can you state, "we survived 12 years of a Bush in office, you can survive 4 (or 8) of Obama," and then state "americans, duh." If you are a citizen/resident of another country, then what country would that have been where the policies of any particular Bush would have threatened your survival? How has Obama's approach fundamentally differed from that of either Bush? If you are a citizen of the US, then you are just as much a "DUH," as any other citizen of the US...

edit on 25-8-2012 by totallackey because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-8-2012 by totallackey because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson

Originally posted by jimmyx

ATS? this is about a huge billboard by the side of a highway, not some conspirecy website. there are plenty of websites that imply, or actually say, that they want to put Obama in the grave.

There were movies, books and a wide array of paraphernalia you could buy that celebrated and promoted Bush's assassination. There was no outrage from the media, Democrats or ATS.

Malkin did a really good job of documenting it.

michellemalkin.com...
michellemalkin.com...

and how many 40 foot billboards by a highway promoted bush's assassination?

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I am sorry, but this is going WAY too far. If a judge in Texas makes statements like he did and these billboards make these statements, don't you all think this is TRYING to INCITE violence or civil war?

I don't care for either two candidates, but this board does imply killing or REMOVING a prez, the man in the video admits he thinks this.......what the hell!!

Lubbock County Judge Tom Head claimed that Obama will try to "hand over the sovereignty of the United States to the UN" if he wins the November election."source "I'm thinking the worst. Civil unrest, civil disobedience, civil war maybe. And we're not just talking a few riots here and demonstrations, we're talking Lexington, Concord, take up arms and get rid of the guy," Head said in an interview with the local Fox News affiliate Tuesday.

That billboard can reach too many people subliminally.....

Also, the right wing fundies are purposefully IMO, trying to self fulfill their own beliefs and prophecy....

I am not for the prez to hand over our rights to UN, but show me proof of this.......I do not want to lose my guns. I do not want to lose my rights as a woman. I do not want to lose my benefits as a veteran either.....I do not want EITHER of them to win.......

Don't you all think that they all work in cahoots with each other anyway? They are both sides of the SAME COIN!! When are people gonna realize that??

TPTB want us to have a civil war!!! And it is not the prez or candidates in charge.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

As long as we are killing each other, they are fine (i.e, LA Riots, et.al.)...As soon as we speak out, they will send in troops and kill us (i.e, Kent State).

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
LOL The person that had this sign put up thinks Obama is a threat? He needs to check up a little on Romney's plans now there's a real threat to America.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I do agree that the right vs. left doesn't serve any purpose other than to divide what should be united. They are in my opinion, two sides of the same corruption.

I think that blaming it all on Obama isn't right, nor is blaming all on Bush. I think that OBL should have been taken care of by Clinton (and he did have his chances) but he isn't worthy of all blame either.

I agree that JFK was killed in Texas, but those that blame the people of the state of Texas for his death are sorely misguided.

I agree about respecting the office. I also agree that the government should respect the people and not the special interests that they seem to be beholden to.

I think that the people who are suggesting that the billboard implies killing a president are being narrow minded and reading more into the message then is really there. I feel that this message is to vote Obama out in November. And I do agree with that message.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I'm sorry but without a doubt,
the billboard is also implying assassination.

Sure it implies voting, but why not say it then?
And the billboard seems to be asking for volunteers.

I live in Texas and there are more than
a few crazy zealots that would consider this.

This is treasonous. It's obvious and its very dangerous.
It's instances like these when regular republicans will defend
their crazy members that shows just how far they will go to save face.
It is clear we can't work with them. And it was made clear on Jan.15th 09
the republicans wouldnt work with the President.
On anything. Ever.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Here comes the people with brains who are going to try and convince everyone it doesn't mean to kill...just you know, remove from office.

Fixed that for you.

Sheesh, you people need to take a vicodin or something. I knew exactly what it meant, since it says "in November".

/TOA

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Damn, yeah that's a really silly sign, the SEALs didn't kill Bin Laden, they killed someone else and didn't live to talk about it.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Who cares if it means they are trying to recruit a sniper? Do you honestly believe anyone could get within shooting distance of any President unless the act was sanctioned? Who in charge would sanction any sort of action like this on Obama? He is doing exactly as the plan is laid out...If mittens gets in, he will continue in the same vein...there is not shred of difference in the planned outcome...

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Here comes the right wing cheerleaders who are going to try and convince everyone it doesn't mean to kill...just you know, remove from office.

I usually like your posts but...

Your passive racism is showing through here.

When I first saw the sign, I thought, "Remove him from office as his policies are deemed to be a threat to this nation."

Not kill the man for cripes sake.

You'll see the same thing if Romney is elected. Is it a direct threat then?

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Right, because we removed Osama by voring him out? If we "removed" him by killing him, what the heck else could they be infering by saying we should also "remove" Obama?

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12

Originally posted by PvtHudson

Originally posted by jimmyx

ATS? this is about a huge billboard by the side of a highway, not some conspirecy website. there are plenty of websites that imply, or actually say, that they want to put Obama in the grave.

There were movies, books and a wide array of paraphernalia you could buy that celebrated and promoted Bush's assassination. There was no outrage from the media, Democrats or ATS.

And that was as despicable as these billboards are against Obama.

If you can't respect the man; at least respect the office.

Or has pride and respect for anything evaporated in America? It would seem so....

edit on 25-8-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

Respect is earned, pride has nothing to do with it.

Obama has earned my teeny tiny bit of respect as a orator, but other than that, I wouldn't give him the time of day.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

Mys tep mom, who is conservative, said she had to block a friend on her FB page because he was openly advocating for Obamas assassination and she was tired of reading his postings. My coworker said something similar about a friend, but not because of facebook, but because of the things he kept saying openly in front of people. That is why this billboard is so dangerous. It can EASILY be seen as conveying two different meanings wherein one group of people are susceptible to infering a very dangerous meaning from it and i personally think it is naive for one to pretend they cant possibly see how it could be infered any other way.

I can at leasdt admit that it COULD infer voting him out but am surprised that many here dont even want to acknowledge that it can just as easily infer that the president, someone i do not support, should be taken out in the same manner Osama was.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I love these Billboards! I have a problem though, do I spend my vote on Romney whom I don't care for? (but like him more than Obama), or do I place a write in vote for the candidate I really liked, Ron Paul? The problem voting for the one I really liked, with a write in vote, this may simply help dilute Romney's votes and work against getter main goal of getting O out of office.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
distasteful at best

it implies using violence, as was used on UBL

I'm sure they will say it's about voting him out, but it's BS to me

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by sealing
I'm sorry but without a doubt,
the billboard is also implying assassination.

Sure it implies voting, but why not say it then?
And the billboard seems to be asking for volunteers.

I live in Texas and there are more than
a few crazy zealots that would consider this.

This is treasonous. It's obvious and its very dangerous.
It's instances like these when regular republicans will defend
their crazy members that shows just how far they will go to save face.
It is clear we can't work with them. And it was made clear on Jan.15th 09
the republicans wouldnt work with the President.
On anything. Ever.

Man you are really reaching,

I wonder what else was in the Kool-Aid that you drank?

Treasonous? No. Obvious? Apparantly the meaning was lost on you, Dangerous? Nah. It is Freedom of Expression, Unless you consider that ideas that you may not agree with as dangerous. If it was the threat that you imply, then the person who paid to have that message would have been brought up on charges, because as far as I know, making death threats on a President is a felony. Didn't someone recently get arrested for that?

What happens every four years in November? Hint: it has something to do with certain powerful politicians being voted into or out of office.

This is protected speech under the first amendment, If you don't agree with the message, that is fine. You do have a few good points regarding Congress working with the President. Base discussion on that instead of some fantasy that promotes ignorance instead of denying it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join