It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deputy says he saw big creature (Sasquatch)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Here's an eyewitness report from a police officer in Hoquiam, Washington.
Pretty scary if this is true.

What do you guys think?

A part-time sheriff's deputy, who describes himself as "solid" says he saw an 8-foot creature with a human-like face in the woods nere here, fitting the description of the legendary Sasquatch....

... "It's a hard position to be in" he said, "because people say you're nuts. But when you see it standing right in front of you..."

Here is a LINK to the article

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Not much information, is there?

Well, aside from the fact it was printed some years ago in a newspaper, who the hell knows if it's true or not. Good chance of it being a made up article to fill space, without a name and such, but then again, maybe it's true.

In this case, we simply cannot confirm nor deny ignorance.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TimesUp

Whew.....For a second I thought someone saw me outside here in Yooper land. That sighting was in Washington, I got a cousin in Washington. I think he shaves regularly for his job

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TimesUp

I can understand them not wanting to give the name. A few years ago a psychologist in our town was at the Oregon Caves with his family. He went behind a tree along the trail because he had to...go....

he looked up to see a sasquatch squatted down bu a log near him, looking down at the guys family. he freaked and was dumb enough to tell the world. No more business lost hos reputation everyone called him a nut..

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
in 2006 or so, i had some contact...right near there....i think anyone could do it...
go to rattlesnake mountain s.e. of I 90 and hwy 18 up there just twenty minutes from frickin seattle
just by going in 4 miles, one can be in the strangest place, remote....on the incidence map, it;s the most noted....a little pocket with no access for thirty miles to the back boundary. in fact it's a mile from a first reported by white man encounter in 1922 or so. i was predator calling and walked away after 40 minutes and leaving grapes in a bag. then i like to returnto the spot after 30 minutes to see the predators snooping. i had two bearguns but hauled azz outta there on my trail honda. I always say i'm willing to go back if with about six or more people. It's a perfectly safe place for a whole group of them...
about 7 miles by 6 miles square of rainforest with tangles and steep ravines, humans can do a mile a day

edit on 24-8-2012 by GBP/JPY because: Yahuweh.....cool name

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

At least he didn't have to pay to go see a psychiatrist after that. All he had to do was talk to himself.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
This is interesting.
Unfortunately, there's no video to examine, and it's just an eye-witness report where eye-witness accounts are notoriously unreliable, even with police officers.
Police reject candidate for being too intelligent
Court upholds banning High IQs for police

It would be wonderful, of course, if what has said was seen was actually what was seen.
Anecdotal evidence, however, even from a police officer, isn't all that worthwhile in cases like these without other supporting evidence.

Accounts like these are frustrating.
It'll certainly be nice if someone can eventually capture, or kill a specimen so that we have an actual specimen to give all these claims credibility, as well as recognition in the scientific community as a real animal species.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
There's not really much of anything to go on from the link you provided. I'm not even sure why you posted this,seeing as it's 43 years old and there's very little proof of anything.The story itself isn't even interesting. It's just repeating the common "bigfoot" sighting.

top topics

join