It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Perfect Example Of How America Is Turning Into A Police State? Look At Tampa Bay

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by PeterCottonTail

Any "vandalism" (see plain clothes uniform) won't be from joe nobody.

Time and time again... Except you normally find out after the fact.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Our country suffers from paranoid delusions on both extreams. The sad fact is, people such as Mahatma Gandhi and Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. would be profiled as domestic terrorists for practiceing non-violent civil disobedience. What does that tell you folks. Whether you believe in the conspricacies or not, look at the state of the nation from an unbiased, unemotional, historical light. This country has become what it resisted in decades past. We are in for very dire times.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Siberbat
Our country suffers from paranoid delusions on both extreams. The sad fact is, people such as Mahatma Gandhi and Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. would be profiled as domestic terrorists for practiceing non-violent civil disobedience. What does that tell you folks. Whether you believe in the conspricacies or not, look at the state of the nation from an unbiased, unemotional, historical light. This country has become what it resisted in decades past. We are in for very dire times.

Both would be locked up in mental institutions based on recent events.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Originally posted by CaptChaos
My advice to any REAL protesters is to not go there. They will have saboteurs mixed in to incite riots and cause mass arrests.

It would be better if the saboteurs were the only ones who showed up.

And so they win. No more protests about anything because the people have successfully been scared into silence.

America has only just woken up and actually started to have a public opinion about the way their leaders are running the show, and now people are telling them to shut up because they might be arrested?

Come on!

This is scary stuff, but this SHOULD be encouraging many hundreds of thousands MORE to get out there and protest THIS instead. What are they going to do, arrest everyone? Let those causing the damage be arrested and locked up. When you see something happening you walk away from it, or point them out to the thug cops so they can come and "fake arrest" their off-duty stooge.

This is not the time to wimp out and be terrorized into silence. This is the time for people to get damned angry about being threatened like this.

If I were there I would be going, and I wouldn't let their tactics scare me. The most you'll get is a night or two in a cell, and then you're free to condemn them for months and draw more attention to their actions. They're making a rod for their own backs, so let them try this BS and see how angry it makes the rest of the country.

Wow. You are absolutely right. I have noticed more and more people waking up and more people educating themselves on what really has been and is going in our great America and the world. I've also noticed that the gov. has noticed and have been trying increasingly harder to silence us. They know they screwed up and and its getting harder to hide.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Americanist

That is where the problem lies the government is sane and anybody that do not stand to support their insanity are the ones call dissenters, possible terrorist and enemies of the state or may I say "status quo".

But do not fear, once the big wits finish their orgies "luxurious fanfare and drunken parties" with their friends the elite, they will make sure to stop at the local churches with drunken red eyes to sing the Ave Maria while burping on the bible and hitting their chess after reciting the "mea culpa".

Yeah, it is insanity in our nation and we all know where it comes from.

edit on 25-8-2012 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Americanist
reply to post by Lysergic

supposedly called the officer a racial slur

The officer has apparently has a history of bad choices

Two supposed wrongs don't make an apparent right. Is that what's being said here? Please...

If you read my post I said it doesn't make it right.

so your point again is?

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
keep in mind that Romney went to Israel and promised Bibi war with Iran.
And Ron Paul?
bet they bust anything with a wiff of Paul...or create an incident blamable on Paul.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Why its this not a top a thread on ATS already?

This is some messed up stuff right here.
edit on 25-8-2012 by IndieA because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

How many anarchists do they assume will be there? Enough to fill an entire prison? I see your point and I agree, as do others, that among peaceful protesters are trouble makers who ruin it for everyone. The conspiracy surrounding the trouble makers can go either way, but how big are these anarchist groups?

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

Originally posted by Americanist
reply to post by Lysergic

supposedly called the officer a racial slur

The officer has apparently has a history of bad choices

Two supposed wrongs don't make an apparent right. Is that what's being said here? Please...

If you read my post I said it doesn't make it right.

so your point again is?

Clarification...

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

No! Stop derailing the tread.

What's important is that the people that run the country see protesters as more of a threat then convicted felons, so much so that they have released convicts on the streets to make room for unhappy Americans that wish to express their first amendment right.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by Blaine91555

How many anarchists do they assume will be there? Enough to fill an entire prison? I see your point and I agree, as do others, that among peaceful protesters are trouble makers who ruin it for everyone. The conspiracy surrounding the trouble makers can go either way, but how big are these anarchist groups?

The prison is capable of holding 1,000 prisoners and I would guess 2-3 times that when using the yard, gym, lunch room etc. Maybe more.

If they were only expecting to arrest a few or a few hundred, why would they need such a large facility? And why such a secure one? What happened to hangars, warehouses etc?

Peace

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by IndieA

No! Stop derailing the tread.

What's important is that the people that run the country see protesters as more of a threat then convicted felons, so much so that they have released convicts on the streets to make room for unhappy Americans that wish to express their first amendment right.

Instead of losing your cool in front of everyone... Why don't you review my posts again.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Ave Maria

Where is the justice in this world?
The wicked make so much noise mother
The righteous stay oddly still
With no wisdom
All of the riches in the world
Leaves us poor tonight

And strength is not without humility
Its weakness an untreatable disease
And war is always the choice
Of the chosen
Who will not have to fight

Ave Maria
edit on 25-8-2012 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Wait a cotton pickin' minute.
The occupy movement came out and said they were intentionally planning on disrupting the convention, and now you want to blame those trying to keep the peace?

Where is the logic in that?

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
The occupy movement came out and said they were intentionally planning on disrupting the convention, and now you want to blame those trying to keep the peace?

Funny, among those planning to protest Romney in Tampa are Boston Bain workers - sad, when current and former employees of your own firms can't stand you;

Boston Bain workers criticize firm founded by Romney, to protest at Republican convention

BOSTON — More than 150 residents, elected officials and religious leaders in Boston's Dorchester neighborhood have bid farewell to workers headed to the Republican National Convention in Florida to protest against poor working conditions at companies owned by a firm founded by presidential hopeful Mitt Romney.

Those traveling to Tampa, Fla., include current and former workers at companies currently or previously owned by Bain Capital, a Boston-based private equity firm that bought and restructured companies.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

I agree with a lot of what you are saying but you just argue with people so much that it takes attention a way from the key issues.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro

Show me where Occupy said they had these plans.

I want to see some sources because I believe a lot of the suspected threat of disruption or violence is being concocted by the media and controlling powers.

It seems that you are still asleep to what has been going on in this country. WAKE UP!

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
This thread inspired me to write a prediction thread about Isaac hitting Tampa to further quell the protest. I linked this thread in mine as supporting evidence.

Check it out.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So far it hasn't gotten much attention.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by jude11

Perhaps this is related to the fact that people who are known to engage in illegal activities have already telegraphed their intent to cause trouble at the convention all over the Internet?

Or, perhaps the fact they already found a rooftop full of dangerous projectiles, stashed by a group who painted one of their symbols on the wall of the building?

Article on Tampa Bay Online

Late last week, he walked up to the roof and got a surprise, finding a pile of bricks and some metal pipes.

"It was quite disturbing," he said. "I'm not trying to make big deal of it and the police responded Friday night and took the bricks as evidence."

Graffiti on the roof seemed to be painted by anarchists; at least that's what he was told by police.

"There was the head of a witch or something," he said, "and next to it '99' in red letters."

Seems to me they would be incompetent if they did not prepare in advance, knowing full well crimes are planned by Anarchist groups. Bricks and pipes seriously hurt innocent people or destroy innocent peoples property.

This is 100% the fault of Anarchists who have made it necessary to anticipate violence and crime, because violence and crime is what they do.

Over some freakin' bricks????? C'mon...

I mean, really? Not saying it's not true, but really?

A pile of *bricks* and some *pipes* are found, and this is cause to a lockdown of a city, simply because they were near or alongside something having to do with anarchy?

The possibility that A) the association doesn't exist, B) was planted, C) was manufactured to simply give a reason?

And the fact that the MSM buy the "anarchist" crap (which, granted, *could* be true), and report it off to thereby give further justification for lockdown security and suppression of protests.

In general, anarchists are not the violent extremists they are perceived to be; and while some might be, this seems so be nothing more than a pushing of an agenda acquiesced by the media, and another, "we have to do this to protect you and the convention" type of BS that people will swallow, after seeing and believing what the hear/read/see on the "news."

"The anarchists are gonna get us, please protect is and lock down the city!"

Gunboats, really?

This is insane.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join