It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Perfect Example Of How America Is Turning Into A Police State? Look At Tampa Bay

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Not sure I agree with that. Perhaps in rare cases. For the most part it's people taking actions to cause the Police to respond and then filming the arrest, while hiding what they did that lead up to it. I don't think most people are being fooled by that tactic. It's so obvious. Only those who agree with the Anarchists pretend to not know that in my opinion.

What do the Police do? Walk away and not protect the innocent people who would be harmed? They are even talking about throwing containers of acid on people from bridges.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by jude11

Not sure I agree with that. Perhaps in rare cases. For the most part it's people taking actions to cause the Police to respond and then filming the arrest, while hiding what they did that lead up to it. I don't think most people are being fooled by that tactic. It's so obvious. Only those who agree with the Anarchists pretend to not know that in my opinion.

What do the Police do? Walk away and not protect the innocent people who would be harmed? They are even talking about throwing containers of acid on people from bridges.

No.

There are too many cases and vids to put here but it is not a rare event that peaceful protestors get arrested by force simply for sitting on the lawn, standing in the street or asserting their right to speak.

These cases are the examples of how freedom of speech, peaceful assembly have been destroyed. This is WHY people are calling the US an encroaching Police State.

It's at the tipping point because people will no longer even attempt a peaceful protest because it doesn't work.

'Protest Zones' and 'Free Speech Zones'..."Stand there and you can speak from that area" just the very creation of this concept proves my point.

Peace

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
Nobodies going to be out in that storm anyway, they will be readying their homes for the wind. They will probably evacuate the area anyway, except of course the employees that will be servicing the conference.
Maybe the Hurricane is a coverup operation for the conference.
HAARP at work doing what it does best...screwing up the weather.

No one in this area will be boarding up anything. There will be no serious wind here, maybe some gusts in the 50s and sustained no more than 30s. Little bit of storm surge. The out of towners will nervous, the rest of us will go about our day.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

I've been watching too much of the National news. They blow up everything. Is Isaac becoming impotent?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by pajoly

I've been watching too much of the National news. They blow up everything. Is Isaac becoming impotent?

Two days ago I started a watch thread on it here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

It does work when enough people agree with you. I'm sorry but I personally don't see things like taking over public places like parks or blocking bridges as defensible protest. It's childish in fact. Just as childish as blocking innocent small business owners doors or breaking windows and pretending it's protest. ...and then to pretend they did nothing to deserve the attention of the Police?

Nearly every video I've seen has lacked context and I have to assume it's for a reason.

Yes officers overreact and sometimes they are the ones who are wrong. That will always happen. In any group of people that large there will be good and bad Cops.

If I were wrong here, explain the Tea Party? They did it the correct way and now have a voice in government. They even took the time to clean up after themselves, showing genuine regard for the community they were protesting in. You can disagree with their agenda, but you have to admit they set a good example of how powerful genuine, peaceful protest is.

We simply do not live in a "Police State". That is a complete misrepresentation from the outset. It could be better, but a Police State it is not.

That is a lot like pretending all Cops were bad by showing a couple of dozen cases in a year in a country that had hundreds of thousands in law enforcement. That's like me saying because one member of ATS does something really bad, all members of ATS are the same as that person. It's simply not intellectually honest.

I don't think you can find many cases of honestly peaceful protestors who were not doing bad things off camera, being bothered at all.

It's terrible that honest protestors get swept up in it all, but then it's their own fault. They chose to let the thugs in among them and did nothing about it. Why are they not going directly to the Police and saying hey, we have some Anarchist who are mixing in with us and we don't want them?

We will have to disagree on this. The Police are not in on some giant plan to round us all up, they are people just like us. Many good and a small number bad.

Interesting conversation, thanks.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

How many videos would you like to see?

One of the Occupy Dallas protesters was pushed from a 4 foot planter, which led to a disturbance ending in 8 arrests. This video clearly shows a Dallas police officer inciting violence.

How about improper use of a sidewalk next? Or even better...

Pepper spray in the mouth is now on the menu.

edit on 24-8-2012 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
They were talking about this yesterday morning on CNN when I was going to sleep around 4am, hadn't heard anything about it all day but they were interviewing the Mayor of Tampa about this "threat of anarchists". The Mayor was saying in coordination with the fed's that they had been monitoring large groups of anarchists rallying to Tampa for the convention. Basically he was just reassuring that the anarchists are being watched and security is tight.

Now maybe its just me, but I'm not familiar with any large anarchist groups in the US? Not to say there aren't any but before I typed this sentence decided to look for myself and found this link:

ayp.subvert.info...

Its "The Anarchist Yellow Pages".

Some quick examples I'm finding of what "anarchist" groups are:

Quad Cities IL: "Quad Cities Food Not Bombs"
Oklahoma City OK: "Scissortail Social Space"
Fresno CA: "Cafe Fresno" (lol) & Central Valley Anarchist Collectives
and so on..

Just saying that I cant seem to find any big or serious anarchist groups that would have them so concerned. IMHO this is simply homeland falseflag propaganda except this time the enemy isn't Al-Queda.. its you, or your neighbor, or anyone who frequents "Cafe Fresno".

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Americanist

How many videos would you like to see?

One of the Occupy Dallas protesters was pushed from a 4 foot planter, which led to a disturbance ending in 8 arrests. This video clearly shows a Dallas police officer inciting violence.

How about improper use of a sidewalk next? Or even better...

Pepper spray in the mouth is now on the menu.

edit on 24-8-2012 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

That vid among so many others speaks as to why peaceful protests will not work anymore. Taking away the right and ability to protest peacefully is why it's all going to come to a boil soon.

Peace

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

I want to see these videos of people advocating violence.

Prove your hype.

And if you are talking about Anon videos, those could be made by anyone with an agenda.

Right now I see a big agenda for silencing unhappy Americans and Ron Paul supporters at the RNC and in the future.

Do you hate the freedom, The Constitution, and The Bill of Rights? Sounds like it.

edit on 25-8-2012 by IndieA because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Jude I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this but the Occupy movement has plans for the RNC. And Joe Biden apparently is going there for some reason as well.
I wonder if Occupy will occupy the DNC as well? Let's see what measures the Obama camp takes.
I guess no empty FEMA camps around Tampa eh?

Edit: yup they going to Charlotte. Also Tampa seems to be setting up a free speech zone to accomodate protests. They probably anticipate protesters storming the barricades though, like they did on Wall Street.

www.nypost.com...
edit on 25-8-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Research the charges brought against him along with the number of days he spent in jail. Had he broken a wrist you would read - clearly - it was the result of assaulting a police officer.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Will Orient Road jail receive many occupants? We'll have to wait and see.

The RNC is just the event that protesting should be expected for good reason, and I'm sure their free speech zones will not accommodate the numbers that will have something to say. A thousand national guardsmen are also on call to assist police if needed.

No matter what happens, one thing is for sure... It will be a dog and pony show to the grossest extent.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Americanist

I'm not going to be convinced the authorities should simply pretend that Anarchists are not going to engage in crime and possibly hurt innocent people and do it while mixing in among real protestors so they can lie afterwards. Anyone can throw projectiles at the Police and then make a video of the arrest and then lie about it. That's why I say childish and many of them are kids or children in adult bodies.

I'm no saint. I could be found blocking doorways while protesting the Vietnam War long ago. I know now how dumb that was and that if a person truly wants change, you can't get it that way.

I watched groups like the Weather Underground take over and know they were nothing more than Anarchists. These people don't give a damn about this country and I cannot give them credibility, nor can I say we don't need protected from them. I quit participating because of those creeps. Occupy just went through the same thing, only at high speed.

I have no doubt some who support the Anarchists would cheer if they dropped a bottle of acid on some poor Delegates head. These people are part of the problem not the solution. Only in peaceful lawful actions can we accomplish anything worthwhile.
edit on 8/25/2012 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by jude11

Jude I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this but the Occupy movement has plans for the RNC. And Joe Biden apparently is going there for some reason as well.
I wonder if Occupy will occupy the DNC as well? Let's see what measures the Obama camp takes.
I guess no empty FEMA camps around Tampa eh?

Edit: yup they going to Charlotte. Also Tampa seems to be setting up a free speech zone to accomodate protests. They probably anticipate protesters storming the barricades though, like they did on Wall Street.

www.nypost.com...
edit on 25-8-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

With that mix (and probably more we don't know of yet) it's going to be a powder keg down there.

The use of a blanket term such as 'Protestors' instead of anarchists, terrorists or even just trouble makers is what has me watching closely. The only term they have used in so many vids and articles is 'protestors'. What is the definition in their eyes? Anyone who doesn't agree?

Peace

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Americanist

hey there, i cannot view or access video on this machine but after reading Blaine's comments and seeing this one, i thought maybe ... you'd kindly post 2 others that came to mind immediately ... unfortunately, i cannot remember the cities (there were so many) but i think it was WestCoast (seattle/portland maybe) and a group was being corralled via the fence line and the pd purposefully but unnecessarily pepper-sprayed the blind girl cause she wasn't moving fast enough
- wtf ??
you or i would be arrested for harrassing a disabled person if we even considered such in an effort to get them to move faster ... then another was the university protest group and that Tony Bologny guy.

i'm wondering how many of these incidents are enough to consider the likelihood that perpetrators originate from BOTH sides?

as for Tampa, this is not surprising.
they pretty much operate a revolving door when it comes to the prisons anyway.
what concerns me more than the "anarchists" are the trigger-happy rookies roaming the streets.

when a Navy vet can't survive a call to 911 for help, mission control - we have a problem.
for those who missed that story ... news.yahoo.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Anyone can throw projectiles at the Police and then make a video of the arrest and then lie about it.

Likewise, any alphabet agency would be able to infiltrate a crowd and begin throwing projectiles.

If you're going to talk street violence, at least have the street smarts to back it.
edit on 25-8-2012 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Only in peaceful lawful actions can we accomplish anything worthwhile.

Said no American Revolutionary ever. It's not your fault you weren't around between (1775–1783).

At least not in the same capacity.
edit on 25-8-2012 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Late last week, he walked up to the roof and got a surprise, finding a pile of bricks and some metal pipes.

I'm sorry. My first reaction to this was, "Oh my God. They found building materials on a building!"

Graffiti on the roof seemed to be painted by anarchists; at least that's what he was told by police.

The next hot career: Graffiti Forensics...

Ok. I'm done. Back to the discussion!
edit on 8/25/2012 by GoOfYFoOt because: spelling

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoOfYFoOt

Late last week, he walked up to the roof and got a surprise, finding a pile of bricks and some metal pipes.

I'm sorry. My first reaction to this was, "Oh my God. They found building materials on a building!"

Graffiti on the roof seemed to be painted by anarchists; at least that's what he was told by police.

The next hot career: Graffiti Forensics...

Ok. I'm done. Back to the discussion!
edit on 8/25/2012 by GoOfYFoOt because: spelling

I can't find the link but the report was that these items were found on a building a mile away.

A mile is a long way to carry bricks...

Peace

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join