It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Perfect Example Of How America Is Turning Into A Police State? Look At Tampa Bay

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I don't know about this. Mox News and RT have a credibility problem lately and the MSM? Nuff said on that.

Empty out a prison to make room for protestors...Has it come to this?

To get ready for the RNC and to stomp on Freedom of Speech, this David Gee has ordered the Orient Road prison to be emptied and will relocate or bond out the prisoners to make room. Is this saying that the protestors are more dangerous than those in prison for more serious crimes?

Police in Tampa have cleared inmates out of the Orient Road Jail in preparation for “a mass amount” of arrests of protesters at next week’s Republican National Convention. The Department of Homeland Security and the FBI have released a bulletin warning of the threat posed by violent anarchists who may use explosives devices to cause havoc during the event. Read more: www.thegic.org...

They are ready to handle a mass amount of inmates. Previtera said the system can handle 1000 additional arrests. "We'll take their fingerprints and photographs. We'll also collect property," said Previtera. "There are three scenarios, inmates will either get bonded out, go before a judge who will be stationed at Falkenberg Road Jail with a video feed into Orient Road Jail, or they'll be released." Read more: www.abcactionnews.com...

I just keep shaking my head and keep wondering...waiting...

Peace

edit on 24-8-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Here's the local ABC coverage.

There's probably going to be some OWS protestors there...we all know how much the RNC likes those folks.

+46 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
They had to empty out the jails full of criminals, to make room for protestors.

Shows you exactly where this country is heading.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by links234

There's probably going to be some OWS protestors there...we all know how much the RNC likes those folks.

I was just adding that to the OP when you snuck in...

Crazy stuff tho.

Peace

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Ugh. This makes me sick just thinking about it.

2nd
edit on 24-8-2012 by avatar22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
They had to empty out the jails full of criminals, to make room for protestors.

Shows you exactly where this country is heading.

I had to cut the OP short as I am finally at a loss for words and don't know how to express what I'm thinking/feeling right now.

I just have a bad feeling about all of this.

Peace

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
There is going to be a lot of unhappy people there.

How far will they go to silence the people?

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
How dare those protesters show up and express opinions that our overlords have not told them to have

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by links234

Or Ron Paul supporters, we all know they have no reason to be a tad upset.
edit on 24-8-2012 by KibbleChild because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by IndieA
There is going to be a lot of unhappy people there.

How far will they go to silence the people?

All the way to prison is my guess.

Peace

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
My advice to any REAL protesters is to not go there. They will have saboteurs mixed in to incite riots and cause mass arrests.

It would be better if the saboteurs were the only ones who showed up.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by lobotomizemecapin
How dare those protesters show up and express opinions that our overlords have not told them to have

If this doesn't tell people that Freedom of Speech has been destroyed, what will?

There is no mention of what a protestor has to do in order to end up being arrested...just that the 'Protestors' will end up in prison.

Peace

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I live here. No one I know is getting anywhere near that cluster muck. There are 3500 cops and other security personnel and most of downtown is blocked off. The Coast Guard has closed down the water ways and are patrolling in gun boats.

Happily, the out of towners will be freaked by the little weather we'll get here Monday night and Tuesday, so that'll be fun.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Perhaps this is related to the fact that people who are known to engage in illegal activities have already telegraphed their intent to cause trouble at the convention all over the Internet?

Or, perhaps the fact they already found a rooftop full of dangerous projectiles, stashed by a group who painted one of their symbols on the wall of the building?

Article on Tampa Bay Online

Late last week, he walked up to the roof and got a surprise, finding a pile of bricks and some metal pipes.

"It was quite disturbing," he said. "I'm not trying to make big deal of it and the police responded Friday night and took the bricks as evidence."

Graffiti on the roof seemed to be painted by anarchists; at least that's what he was told by police.

"There was the head of a witch or something," he said, "and next to it '99' in red letters."

Seems to me they would be incompetent if they did not prepare in advance, knowing full well crimes are planned by Anarchist groups. Bricks and pipes seriously hurt innocent people or destroy innocent peoples property.

This is 100% the fault of Anarchists who have made it necessary to anticipate violence and crime, because violence and crime is what they do.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

At least the DNC didn't make this call. Could you imagine how lit up ATS would be?

Thank goodness it's the RNC. The people who protest the RNC are obviously rabble-rousers and no-goodnicks.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Nobodies going to be out in that storm anyway, they will be readying their homes for the wind. They will probably evacuate the area anyway, except of course the employees that will be servicing the conference.
Maybe the Hurricane is a coverup operation for the conference.
HAARP at work doing what it does best...screwing up the weather.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
CNN - Agencies warn of .....

as of March, the FBI had intelligence indicating individuals from New York "planned to travel to Tampa and attempt to close" all of the Tampa Bay-area bridges during the Republican National Convention next week.

This is not protest, it's just plain old fashioned thuggery and criminal activity.

The bulletin says that law enforcement agencies believe most protesters at the conventions will obey laws and not commit violent acts, but that anarchists are the most likely exceptions.

Seems like a fair assessment to me. The police are not interested in bothering real protestors at all. Anarchists are something else entirely.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

hence the comments in the video about 'some' will simply be released... Hahahaha, crazy.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
CNN - Agencies warn of .....

as of March, the FBI had intelligence indicating individuals from New York "planned to travel to Tampa and attempt to close" all of the Tampa Bay-area bridges during the Republican National Convention next week.

This is not protest, it's just plain old fashioned thuggery and criminal activity.

The bulletin says that law enforcement agencies believe most protesters at the conventions will obey laws and not commit violent acts, but that anarchists are the most likely exceptions.

Seems like a fair assessment to me. The police are not interested in bothering real protestors at all. Anarchists are something else entirely.

When people attempt peaceful protests, they are also attacked, set up, beaten and thrown in jail. It's happened so many times that it's sickening.

So what is your answer here? Just stop protesting?

Because peaceful protests don't work and anything more labels it as 'Thuggery'.

So what else can be done? Because there are about 300,000,000 people who are going to want the answer.

Peace

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo
reply to post by jude11

At least the DNC didn't make this call. Could you imagine how lit up ATS would be?

Thank goodness it's the RNC. The people who protest the RNC are obviously rabble-rousers and no-goodnicks.

WCNC Article.

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- A joint intelligence bulletin issued by the Federal Bureau of Investigations and Department of Homeland Security warns of violent plans anarchist extremists may have in store for the Democratic National Convention.

The bulletin notes the groups would likely target local businesses or financial centers, transportation venues or law enforcement; and are willing to use improvised explosive devices (IEDs) and molotov cocktails.

I don't think which political party matters to Anarchists. It's all about attention, vandalism and thuggery.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join