It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican Federal Police attack US Embassy diplomatic vehicle - 2 wounded

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

Two U.S. Embassy employees were shot at and wounded by Mexican police on Friday after they were caught up in a police chase on the outskirts of the capital, Mexico's Navy said. Police fired on vehicle in which the embassy employees were traveling, which carried diplomatic plates, after the driver veered out of the way when he saw the officers' weapons.

This is basically an act of war. Woodrow Wilson had the US Marines occupy Vera Cruz in 1914 for a similar incident.
edit on 24-8-2012 by ChrisF231 because: forgot link

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites
please post one or two paragraphs,
a link to the entire story,
AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Sat Aug 25 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

Mexico is sooo ridiculous. It makes Afghanistan look like a joke. It seems to me there has to be more to this story though.

My first thought were these "diplomats" may be dirty, and working for a cartel. I don't know why Mexican authorities would ever shoot at Americans unless it was a paid hit.

There are certainly ppplenty of crooked Americans greasing the wheels for the cartels.

edit on 24-8-2012 by IsThisThingBugged because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
It would be hard for the present administration to even admit this even happened let alone do something about it if this is a true event - LOL. Fast and Furious ring any bells? This is nothing to them and they do not understand the severity of this because they have other agenda's and care less about America's borders. You would have to be mentally challenged to not see they are looking the other way.

This will be nothing more than a note on Obama's desk, nothing more. You are right - this is serious stuff and not to be taken lightly - but you will see the results shortly - everyone will look the other way and nothing will be done about it. This is a good example why the American people are fed up.
edit on 24-8-2012 by Dukesy because: missing verbage and misspelling

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
USA is an usurper of my kingdom. EUROPE condemnd your stocks. I am and one living ORRERY. it was the kingdom of FIVE TREES ...gospel of thomas. Turn my stones. They attacked ME.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
The many existing theories of why Mexico agents would attack an embassy vehicle are all valid and logical to think about, but what few if anyone is considering is that the date of this Mexican shooting was the day the president of Ecuador slammed the US for violating international law and clearly stated that many Latin American nations, of which Mexico was one of them, were in full agreement and support of Ecuador's decision to harbor Assange in safety.

The shooting in Mexico may be drug related, dirty cops, etc, but we could must also consider that a insider govt group in Mexico's ruling authority have sent a message to the US about ignoring what protections Embassies exist under, because if the UK is going to violate International law to do what it wants, then Mexico will do the same.

Something about this whole incident to me is political and that is why the incident to me at least implies a message was sent and received about ignoring International law and the safety from attack that embassies are suppose to be free from.

Just a thought I would add to the discussion. I hope it makes others think about it,because I have looked at the dates for the Assange affair and when the President of Ecuador gave his international press media interview about the whole Assange affair and what the USA and the UK are doing to undermine international law.

That interview is a worth while interview to listen to and I recommend it to anyone who wants to hear what other nations are saying about the USA and the Assange affair.

Besides, another wild idea I have been thinking about is that those attacked in Mexico could be loose ends to the Fast and Furious affair, so with that being stated, anyone can see there is no shortage of conspiracy theories that could be in play.

Anyway, just wanted to add something to the discussion. Thanks again for the thread.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by KennyDurazo

what are you talking about? please clarify

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
The 2 Americans shot @ were CIA.

The SUV's Level Seven Armour Saved the lives of the Three Wounded Men Reforma reports that officials close to the case reported the shooting of a an SUV with diplomatic plates and U.S. officials by Mexican federal police agents have confirmed that the two Americans shot were, in fact, CIA agents. They were apparently on their way to give shooting lessons to members of the Mexican military. They were also, apparently, initially attacked by civilians in a Dodge Van…12 Mexican officers were ordered held for at least 40 days while investigators sort out what the embassy called an “ambush.”

www.borderlandbeat.com...

new topics

top topics

join