It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thinking Of Dying..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Ya smart enough to build atom bombs designed to kill millions. Smart enough to know how to feed the planet but unwilling to. Smart enough to create gmo to poison the masses. Smart enough to abort babies by the millions each year.

My reality is crystal clear. I have a perfect compass to use to navigate my way threw life. I'm gonna be fine. You'll figure it out.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
You are not you. You are the universe experiencing individuality. When you die, you will be a new you. What you identify with at death will be the whole and you will experience yourself as that. The universe, in its entirety, is what you are. Indivisible. With liberty and justice for all.

What is this based on?

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

I completely agree with you there, but knowledge doesn't always lead to bad things, knowledge has lead to many great things like landing on the moon and sending a rover to Mars or discovering the Higgs-Boson. We need to use this knowledge for the greater good, not just for self-gain. Until we get rid of ours egos we will keep using knowledge to suppress others for our own benefit.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Vinny5036

Seven years ago I was told that I was ready to have a major stroke at any moment. So, I've had seven years to contemplate my death. You know what? The answer to what lies after death is: No one knows. If they say that they know, then they are just fooling themselves.

The truth is, it doesn't matter what goes on after this life ends. What good is it for a second grader to ponder what it will be like in high school? In a job, one cannot be promoted if one doesn't take care of the business at hand.

And, our business at hand is the here and now. It's okay to amuse ourselves with the prospect of death, but it's a total waste of time to worry about it.

I mean, my gawd, the world we live in is a MESS! And it'll only get worse if we don't show the next generation how to care for the earth and all of the inhabitants upon and within it. The only way to teach them is to do it ourselves.

The more we work at improving this world, then the less death will haunt us because we will know that we made a difference here.

edit on 8/26/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join