It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.N. to report Iran adding centrifuges to nuclear program

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

The United Nations' nuclear inspection agency, the IAEA, is about to issue a report finding that Iran has made significant progress on installing hundreds of new uranium-enriching centrifuges, a senior administration official told NBC News on Friday.

worldnews.nbcnews.com...

This is only gonna add fuel to the potential fire that is burning in the middle east.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
We all know Ahmadinejad is getting the first ride

edit on 24-8-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I have a question for someone else who may be keeping closer track on this aspect...... After Stuxnet apparently destroyed an unknown number of centrifuges and infrastructure that support them, are these actually adding to the net total Iran has running or are these replacing what Stuxnet destroyed?

I never have heard any reports of that equipment being replaced....so I couldn't help wonder if someone is getting a little creative about which column the numbers are getting dropped in?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
They are not breaking the NPT by doing this they have the right to develop nuclear energy. But the warmongers will of coarse try to make it sound like they are making weapons out of it.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Iran is abiding by their agreements. They simply wish to supply elements for reactors on a world wide scale. They can have as many of these as they want. As far as I am aware the stuxnet virus did not destroy any equipment. Iran has planned this for some time and has told the world. It seems they are now putting them in place.

P

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Enrichment does not = nuclear weapons...but most people are clueless and buy into the whole, "we have to stop them from a gettin' nookler weapons!" propaganda. Until they have 100% proof, I don't have the stomach to swallow all this propaganda.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Another senior U.S. official, who also spoke on condition of anonymity, said that while the Obama administration is “very concerned by Iran's ongoing nuclear activities,” the new centrifuges do not “change significantly the amount of time Iran would need to break out” and build a nuclear weapon.

From my incredibly limited understanding that seems about right. I don't think adding new centrifuges will make production faster, only more productive in terms of volume.

One thing that worries me about this whole mess, assuming for a moment that the Iranians aren't attempting to make nukes is their level of understanding/technology. Russia the US and Japan are more advanced, yet have all had catastrophes with power plants. I do fear that the Iranians are going to end up making a mess. If anything I think that we should probably be helping them with the power plants.

I don't wish to see any more countries acquire the bomb, and frankly don't think they have a right to. I don't believe the US has a right to nukes either, but we have them and that's not my point. The last thing we need is for more countries, and I care not how peaceful they are, getting their hands on nuclear weapons.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

The majority, if not all, of nuclear accidents were caused by human stupidity/poor planning. It's them damn engineers! Smartest dumb people ever!

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...
My thread from earlier with another source.

Innocent people don't run,if they weren't hiding anything they would allow the inspectors to enter.
Whats with the tarps covering the buildings? Oh they are just renovating........removing the contaminated material.
Hhahaha this has been said many times over the last few months. Its not fear mongering or anything else. Yeah maybe they do want to make fuel for nuke plants around the world.....perfect PLAUSIBLE DENY ABILITY.

Look at the evidence we have in front of us, sometimes there is speculation involved. How much do you think the govt is letting media tell us? Any time the govt wants to pull the plug on stories they can under the national security clause. Im sure they have no trouble manipulating the truth.

Mathematics of Facts.....

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Well, lets see if they open up their military site to inspectors.

http:// www.reuters.com/article/2012/08/24/us-nuclear-iran-talks-idUSBRE87N08120120824
edit on 24-8-2012 by damingus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

I find it more funny that Israel, USA, Iran, and the IAEA are all saying they aren't building nukes, but that they are concerned about the level of enrichment and that it might be for weapons. Crazy world when people listen to the news more than their governments.

PS- Yes I know it is hypocritical to say, "listen to your government" while on ATS, but, when they tell the truth, no one listens anyways.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
www.abovetopsecret.com...
My thread from earlier with another source.

Innocent people don't run,if they weren't hiding anything they would allow the inspectors to enter.
Whats with the tarps covering the buildings? Oh they are just renovating........removing the contaminated material.
Hhahaha this has been said many times over the last few months. Its not fear mongering or anything else. Yeah maybe they do want to make fuel for nuke plants around the world.....perfect PLAUSIBLE DENY ABILITY.

Look at the evidence we have in front of us, sometimes there is speculation involved. How much do you think the govt is letting media tell us? Any time the govt wants to pull the plug on stories they can under the national security clause. Im sure they have no trouble manipulating the truth.

Mathematics of Facts.....

They have been letting inspectors in but not in certain areas. America does the same thing so who are we to complain about Iran doing it? At least they do let inspectors in unlike some countries.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
We shall see soon.
Imo the last thing we need is more religious nut jobs with the ability to strap a ball of plutonium and a block of c4 to them, and kill themselves and god knows how many more in the name of their creator. even if they aren't making it for weapons its still radioactive and still makes a dirty bomb. So please don't forget if they are making it to sell, who are they selling it to? I really hope that fact was not lost on any of you?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Iran needs to allow inspections. Hard to believe they are not lying when they are denying access.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Ralphy

don't believe the hype an American company sold it to them. That same American company made billions in both the Iraq war and afghan war supplying American troops.

That companies name is Halliburton and they used a middle eastern subsidiary to do it thinking no one would catch them.
edit on 24-8-2012 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Nomed

Hey I believe you have a meth lab in your house. You will submit to repeated inspections over the course of your life because I say so. I will blatantly say you have this meth lab with no real proof. And condemn you if you do not let me inspect your house. If I dont find anything when I'm there I will tell everyone your hiding it and will have it moved back in. So now I will make you suffer more inspections. On top of that I will starve your peoples by removing trade to and from your house as well as trying with all my power to freeze your assets.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by lobotomizemecapin
reply to post by Nomed

Hey I believe you have a meth lab in your house. You will submit to repeated inspections over the course of your life because I say so. I will blatantly say you have this meth lab with no real proof. And condemn you if you do not let me inspect your house. If I dont find anything when I'm there I will tell everyone your hiding it and will have it moved back in. So now I will make you suffer more inspections. On top of that I will starve your peoples by removing trade to and from your house as well as trying with all my power to freeze your assets.

Depends on his/her reputation. No? Have they threatened to remove your house from the neighborhood/map?

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

America does the same thing so who are we to complain about Iran doing it? At least they do let inspectors in unlike some countries.

Aren't pro-Iran posters tired of using the same old freaking arguments about this? What does your statement prove? Nothing... You are just attacking other nation to validate your opinion that Iran is peaceful and has a right to do these thing's...

You know why American can't be blammed for that? Because it was the american weapons program that developed the first nuclear weapon, and it was actually the U.S. Gov that aided several other countries to reach nuclear capability, both for weapons or energy.

The reason why that argument is so weak is mostly due to the fact that the U.S. has no interest in hiding anything nuclear from other countries. The technology? It's out there, in several NATO and allied countries. How many nukes there are? It's well addressed in the NPT aggreement. Where are those nukes? Some facilities are still secret for self-defense purposes, most are already disclosed (mostly because they are now disabled after the Cold War).

If your opinion is with Iran, and if you truly believe that there is faul play by western countries, then by all means expose your opinion. But at least make the intellectual effort into validating it with strong arguments, sources, or at least use reason.

The U.S. have nuclear weapons since the 40's. They increased nuclear warhead production, not because it was cool, but because there was a need for it, and that need was around the fact that the russians were doing exactly the same thing.

Now, the U.S. creates the first nuke, uses it, increases it's arsenal along with several other countries, and when it's common knowledge that M.A.D. protocols are useless, the arsenal starts do decrease with the NPT.

Where in that line of actions do you see the U.S. in the same place as Iran? Iran signed the NPT, and that alone makes the argument of "the U.S. never allowed inspections into certain areas" invalid. The U.S. has been decreasing it's arsenal, and the secrets are for safety.

Which safety? Yours and mine. So that what happened when the Soviet Union collapsed, won't happen in the U.S. (having the risk of nuclear weapons being stolen).

Iran applied for nuclear technology and energy in an era where people don't want more nukes. That's what this is all about. If Iran wants to live as a nuclear power in all fronts, then they should sign off the NPT and make their own nuclear technology.

You want to talk about hypocrisy? Let's talk about the fact that Iran signed the NPT in order to get access and help from Western countries to achieve nuclear status, and drops a colossal turd on top of the NPT, hides facilities, does clean-up jobs, and does all sort of crap that goes against what they agreed to...

Iran wants to have secrets? Sign off the NPT.
Iran wants nukes? Sign off the NPT.

But when you sign off the NPT, the "power and money tit" is also gone. That's why Iran doesn't leave. And people pro-Iran just forget to mention this all the time(the fact that Iran has received a shiPload of money and assistance from western countries for being part of the NPT).

Forget, or are just plain ignorant about what the NPT is for and why it exists...

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

From my incredibly limited understanding that seems about right. I don't think adding new centrifuges will make production faster, only more productive in terms of volume.

And that's better?

I don't like the idea of Iran having one nuke. But I don't like the idea of them having several nukes either...

Besides, what they are for and how they produce is up to configuration. You can eigher produce a lot, or produce a little bit less, but make it faster.

Using an analogy, it's almost like having vegetal oil straight from a plant. When it's collected, it's almost like a cream. You then pass it through several filters until it becomes transparent and clear. The number of filters and how many times you pass the oil through them, alters the final product... More often means a better product, less means a unrefined product...

Although the amount of "filtering"/time for enriching uranium is known - and that's how people calculate the timespan to achieve a nuke - the amount of machines that you have available for it can change that equation a lot.

Iran has thousands of centrifuges. In 2010 they already had more than 3,000. And those were the third generation centrifuges, I think they are already in the forth or fifth generation.

I do fear that the Iranians are going to end up making a mess. If anything I think that we should probably be helping them with the power plants.

That's why it's so important for them to allow U.S. inspectors and IAEA inspectors into Iran.

If there was a relationship of trust and certainty, we would know that Iran isn't going after nuclear weapons and that they technology is safe and in working status.

But no. They hold secrets and don't cooperate fully with the IAEA, and apparently, not doing what you sign to do, makes you a victim of the west...

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by GarrusVasNormandy

Aren't pro-Iran posters tired of using the same old freaking arguments about this? What does your statement prove? Nothing... You are just attacking other nation to validate your opinion that Iran is peaceful and has a right to do these thing's...

I don't think we are pro-Iran, just pro-truth. The same arguments are used as they are extremely valid and some people cannot understand them.

Forget, or are just plain ignorant about what the NPT is for and why it exists...

That includes using it as a basis for being anti-Iran. Every signatory must follow it to the letter if they expect other nations to.

top topics

join