It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Attempting to Ban Guns by Banning Bullets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
President Attempting to Ban Guns by Banning Bullets

"We do ban some kinds of armor-piercing bullets ... but ... the law is written ... in the wrong way ... based on what it's made of. ... (that's) not good enough because clever people have figured out how to design ammunition made from common materials that do just as much damage. ... "This legislation will change that. It will see to it that we judge ammunition not based on what it's made of, but based on how much harm it can do."

And now another move by the administration to put gun owners in jail!
New York Times article Link (MSM!)

He called the current law "nothing less than confiscation of private property." One major ally is Chuck Haytaian, Republican of Independence, the Assembly minority leader. At his re-election announcement recently, attended by Mr. Manning, Mr. Haytaian, in addition to lambasting the administraton on taxes, education and automobile insurance, said, "This administration is confiscating guns, or they are going to put people in jail."

Check the dates on these articles. The Republicans have been using the "They are going to take away your guns!!" scare tactics for decades, perhaps longer then many of you have been alive. Why is it election after election people still become suckers to this aging political tactic? Oh and don't forget the taxes part in there...its always guns and taxes. And abortion. We are going to be debating these topics for as long as the middle east is going to have strife between the Sunni's and Shiites.

My opinion is the public stays in the same sphere of ignorance where they have been placed by all the sensationalized media. People don't listen to each other or empathize with others struggles anymore, they just repeat like a parrot whatever they have heard and stay dug into their trenches on guns, taxes and abortions. And the rich get richer and the poor get poorer in the meantime.
edit on 8/24/2012 by spleenika because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
You do know Clinton isn't president anymore. Also it didn't look like he banned guns either.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Yes, that is the essence of my point.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
That is legislation Clinton tried. If you ban "armor piercing" ammo, you ban every common rifle round, because almost any rifle round will penatrate a standard police style vest. They only stop (some) pistol rounds.

I see the point you are trying to make. It doesn't change the fact that there is a core group of democrats (and a few republicans) that want to ban firearms ANYWAY they can.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Im no expert on firearms,all we get is air rifles over here....if your lucky you may get a shotgun license for use on farmland!,but couldnt you just cast tips and reload every shell????

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SrWingCommander

Yep right you are Wing Commander. I personally as a democrat would support measures to make gun ownership and safety training mandatory for all adults excluding criminal and mentally disturbed citizens. I believe crime rates would drop, and the teeth of the laws of evolution would become less dull.

But that is just my opinion. A gun ban will Never happen in the United States, and I wish focus would be paid to topics besides gun control, abortion, tax hysteria. Taxes are going to happen, if they are going to pork projects, roast the congresspeople responsible on a spit. If they go to furthering the common well being and strength of the country and its citizens, re-elect them and respect them.

I just can't stand how dramatized politics is, and how it disenfranchises the masses turned off by their BS meters alarming every time a politician opens their selfish mouths.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Man those darn liberals, they're gonna take your guns and then their gonna kill your unborn child!

What does it take to convince people that in our current society guns do more harm than good? Granted guns don't kill people, people kill people, it's still stupid to allow any idiot to obtain a gun, regardless of whether they go about it legally or illegally. Either arm and train everyone, or ban guns outright. Both solutions work, though the latter will take much longer to become fully effective.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
Man those darn liberals, they're gonna take your guns and then their gonna kill your unborn child!

What does it take to convince people that in our current society guns do more harm than good? Granted guns don't kill people, people kill people, it's still stupid to allow any idiot to obtain a gun, regardless of whether they go about it legally or illegally. Either arm and train everyone, or ban guns outright. Both solutions work, though the latter will take much longer to become fully effective.

That darned Constitution keeps geting in the way of taking away all the guns (ammo is implied as a component of the gun as much as is the stock and barrel). Since taking away the guns is impossible, then I like your second solution because it is impled in the second amendment, to arm and train everyone. Back in the language of the day, "well regulated" meant "trained in the use of".
"to adjust so as to ensure accuracy of operation. Example: to regulate a watch. "
"to put in good order. Example: to regulate the digestion."

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I doubt we see anything more happen on this in the 70+ days they have left them....but it's certainly not a new thing here and they've worked the whole issue into a fascinating catch-22 bind.

Lead is deemed harmful to the point of the least traces in the air being termed some horrible threat to all life or some nonsense along those lines.... Bullets, as I reload myself, are generally lead core if not entirely lead base for the cheaper target reloads and stuff on the shelf at the store. They've been busting their butts to ban lead in ammunition here, there and everywhere. California is one outstanding example of this and taken to extremes in that state.

So you ban lead at some point...everyone seems behind that right? Environmental threat, they claim...and SO dangerous too. At the SAME time...and seemingly unrelated...Armor Piercing bullets are put forward as horrible things. Why would anyone ever need such nasty things anyway???

Well... Here is the Catch-22. If you remove lead from bullets entirely, you'll be left with Copper and harder metals in the place of lead. Steel, for example. Armor piercing bullets are, in many cases, steel core "penetrator" rounds whose only "special" quality is the metal they're made from and how those metals are combined to form the bullet. Nothing else....Just metallurgy for the most part.

See the problem though? Ban lead bullets, while banning armor piercing bullets and from two ENTIRELY different and seemingly unrelated directions......so in the end, seemingly by accident, nothing is left to make a civilian bullet with above about the squirrel hunting level.

Clever.....it really is..and it's been ongoing since long before Obama came to office.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by spleenika

L
L

seems to me the gov and legal system just keep
getting further and further behind the times

i'm not into guns ,
but even i know about applying a teflon coating
or filling a hollowpoint with mercury

new topics

top topics