It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zero Point Energy and patents.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Many people have heard the terms, Free Energy and Zero Point energy. The technologies involved in these concepts can be varied and some of it works and some of it doesn't. It seems to me that many people developing these technologies don't want to patent the ideas because they believe it should be free. While I agree, I also know that there are some out there who could easily get patents for this stuff and then prevent others from developing it. I've even heard of government entities doing just that.
If anyone knows anything about software, then you know that there is a GPL or a public license that allows anyone to use the software for free. As far as I know, there isn't a patent process similar. So I thought, let me post this to a scientifically minded community and see what comes of it as well as thoughts.
Do you think Zero Point and Free Energy technology be available freely to everyone? Or do you feel that this technology will only be developed for the masses if someone can profit from it.
What do you think of a patent that protects a technology or idea from being owned by an individual or corporation and makes sure that it's freely available to everyone. To clarify this slightly, the patent isn't granted to an individual but "mankind" or the world as a whole entity.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
As long as there is greed there will be someone there to make sure you can't have something for nothing.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I have been studying technology that is supposed to be related to zero point energy and I am wondering if it could be a red herring to lead us away from technology that is actually being used in black projects.

I have seen no real tangible evidence of zero point energy but I do know that technology that is said to use zero point energy seems to work.. so it is possible. I have just seen nothing to explain how it might work.

My belief is that the real technology being used relies on cold fusion type processes.. converting matter into energy.
edit on 24-8-2012 by 8311-XHT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Myth024
Many people have heard the terms, Free Energy and Zero Point energy. The technologies involved in these concepts can be varied and some of it works and some of it doesn't.
From what I've seen, none of it works.

The only halfway credible patent I've seen related to Zero Point energy is this one:

www.calphysics.org...

United States Patent 7,379,286

Haisch and Moddel, May 27, 2008, Quantum vacuum energy extraction
I'm pretty sure that won't work either, but I'm glad to see someone who at least knows something is trying it.

And even though this idea won't work, maybe another idea could work, but I haven't seen it yet.

I'm not a lawyer and I think a patent lawyer would have to answer your question, but if you just want to put the idea in the public domain, I don't think you need any kind of patent.
edit on 25-8-2012 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
From what I've seen, none of it works. *snip*

I'm not a lawyer and I think a patent lawyer would have to answer your question, but if you just want to put the idea in the public domain, I don't think you need any kind of patent.
edit on 25-8-2012 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

Two things:
1. I know an engineer named Carl Sheldon who not only has shown working devices but invites anyone to come to his lab and he will show and prove to you they work. You can find tons of examples through the United Peoples Planet facebook page as well as talk with Carl himself.
2. The idea behind the type of patent I'm thinking of is to keep someone from taking an idea just to keep it from being used (ie. oil companies) which has been done before in the past.

top topics

join