It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we navigating the Kardashev Scale with HAARP & NASA?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I sure don’t know, but I admittedly drink from the conspiratorial HAARP Kool-Aid cooler & with Isaac approaching Tampa around RNC time, I began to wonder (despite the whole hurricane season thing)…

When I think of the Kardashev Scale, I think of the sci-fi bastardization that grades the evolution of civilizations based upon:
I) mastery of their planet
II) mastery of their sun(s)
III) mastery of their galaxy

It seems that Michio Kaku planted that seed in one of his lectures, but I couldn’t seem to find his original reference or the lecture. Wiki’s link hits on it, as well as, gives the original Kardashev Scale ‘energy expenditure’ definition.

I didn’t bother to link HAARP, not only because it has been discussed ad-nauseam on ATS, but it’s so undoubtedly compartmentalized that I’m sure only a few convoluted minds really know that it’s a type of frequency resonator akin to Tesla's Mechanical Oscillator.

Aside from Mars, I’m a little slow (in ATS time) on what NASA does these days, so I just recently read that they are sending probes into the Van Allen radiation belts. Today’s mission was scrubbed, but hopefully it happens manana.

Part of a loose Kardashev Scale adaptation states that a Dyson Sphere (a network of artificial satellites encompassing a star) will be used to harness & control energy from a sun. If Earth’s seemingly geological & atmospheric strangeness can be remotely attributed to the braintrusts dialing-in HAARP, are we also preparing to 'master' the space around our planet with the new Van Allen probes?

Has anyone else entertained the Kardashev correlation to recent events or technologies lately? If so, it kind of puts the NWO conspiracy stuff in greater perspective. We would almost need to be of a collective consensus for something like a Dyson Sphere and/or total global ecological manipulation to occur. It might also stand to reason that those capable of perceived religious &/or ideological interference would need to be kept in check?

edit on 24-8-2012 by OlafMiacov because: circular reasoning

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by OlafMiacov

but it’s so undoubtedly compartmentalized that I’m sure only a few convoluted minds really know that it’s a type of frequency resonator akin to Tesla's Mechanical Oscillator.
No. It's a radio transmitter.

Part of a loose Kardashev Scale adaptation states that a Dyson Sphere (a cage of artificial satellites encompassing a planetary body)
A Dyson sphere is a solid sphere which encloses a star and represents a Type II civilization.

We are not really even close to reaching the level of a Type I civilization.

edit on 8/24/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks for the correction(s) & like many others, I value your opinion(s); however, not close or not ready hasn't prohibited our past endeavors--we did land on the moon.

Radio transmitter indeed. Keep it tuned to the classics--what we don't know won't hurt us right?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

we did land on the moon.

Yes. But the technology to do so is no where near the level of technology necessary to be classified as a Type I civilization.

what we don't know won't hurt us right?

Of course ignorance can harm us. But so can a fear of monsters under the bed.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I would certainly like to hear your opinion/ explanation on "mastery." Sorry for the one liner.......but I'm not here every night......

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
There was this thread, on an effect thought unlikely before the experiment to happen from HAARP.

Langmuir cavitation.

Not all is fully understood and/or known about it.

THEDUDE86 - Near proof of HAARP causing earthquakes, and direct evidence that contradicts HAARP website

www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread683472/pg1

I'm sure some will first joke about it being opened April 1st, 2011, but those science links are valid.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by savageheart

Within this context, my interpretation of mastery is control. For example, controlling the Earth & all of its systems would ensure it would maintain any level of stasis required for sustaining life; likewise, controlling the Sun would prevent it from dying. Controlling the galaxy may include preventing errant objects from striking unintended objects (or vice versa), it could possibly include manipulating gravitational pull and relocating other planets into habitable zones; possibly the ability to maintain proximity from black holes or merge with other galaxies—just speculation.
edit on 24-8-2012 by OlafMiacov because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Therapy works well for monsters under the bed & education for ignorance, but opening a fearful or closed mind may require both, as well as, medication.

Originally posted by Phage
Yes. But the technology to do so is no where near the level of technology necessary to be classified as a Type I civilization.

So are you saying that you think HAARP is just a "radio transmitter"?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Even though one wouldn't be able to provide evidence to a sceptic's satisfaction regarding HAARP, there is a little talked about device that do work.

This is more accepted as artificial generator of earthquakes...

Russians tested it in Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan areas while still under USSR control.

The statistics are compelling, and a team of Canadian Geology scientists at a credible university think so and are exploring for a mechanism.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by wujotvowujotvowujotvo

Those experiments sound familiar. It's ironic that so many people lend so little credence to the power of high frequency or even highly inductive electrical fields. At least when we're near induction, our hair will stand on end. Due to resonant frequencies, high frequency radiation can & will cause havoc w/o warning--in my opinion, the least of which are earthquakes, sinkholes, & tsunamis. I'm concerned that the mental & physical well-being of our species is taking a backseat to expensive 'radio tuning'.

I have little doubt that we are prematurely pushing a Class I state w/o weighing consequences. It also seems that the global political state may reflect that some 'in the know' may be readying themselves at the expense of others. This may be one of those times when forgiveness doesn't come as easily as permission.

Btw, thanks for the earlier link it's a great read.

edit on 24-8-2012 by OlafMiacov because: hairy post

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by OlafMiacov

So are you saying that you think HAARP is just a "radio transmitter"?

Um...yes. Do you have a short memory?

but it’s so undoubtedly compartmentalized that I’m sure only a few convoluted minds really know that it’s a type of frequency resonator akin to Tesla's Mechanical Oscillator.
No. It's a radio transmitter.

Of course, there are other instruments at the facility but when most fans of the HAARP conspiracy talk about HAARP they are talking about the IRI (the ionospheric heater) which is a radio transmitter.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I have short-term memory and long-term memory. I would imagine that you posses the same, but how does that relate to a limited topical breadth and anecdotal condescension, not to mention a seemingly uncanny obsession with radio transmitters?

Thanks again for adding your valuable insight & infinite wisdom...Oh wait, I think I understand--you said radio transmitter right? Citing your global generalization, by default, are you implying that you are a "HAARP conspiracy fan"?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

how does that relate

It relates because in my first post in this thread I said that HAARP is a radio transmitter. Since you asked if I think that HAARP is a radio transmitter after I had said that it appeared that you had a problem with your memory. I apologize if I was mistaken but if that is not the case perhaps you could clarify why you asked a question about what I had quite clearly stated previously.

Citing your global generalization, by default, are you implying that you are a "HAARP conspiracy fan"?
Rather than assume that I understand what you are talking about I will just say no. I am not a HAARP conspiracy fan. Is that clear enough?

edit on 8/24/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Essentially, it seems that my crassness relating to your multiple reiterations of not nearing a Class I state, which would be confirmed by HAARP only being a radio transmitter, was lost.

I understand that sometimes it feels good to get upset & this is a safe place, but your global statement (all inclusive) relating to HAARP fans liking radio transmitters actually applied to your earlier reference of radio transmitter & circular reference to nothing but a radio transmitter thru the no where near Class I statements. It could be loosely construed as a Freudian slip.

I do apologize for assuming that you were playing along.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
According to how the Kardashev scale goes, we are not quite at a type 1 civilization yet.

However, Carl Sagan suggested a scale to show how close you get to the next whole number. Back in the mid 70's he estimated us at 0.7. This is according to the amount of power availability at that time. Based on that, we are now sitting at 0.8

However, there were other things listed too for a Type 1 civilization:

Mass production of Anti-matter. Right now we can only produce very small amounts of this.
Fusion Power being used. We are still working on a ways to do this (but are getting closer).
Solar power use. While this is being done all over the globe, the amount of power available that a Type 1 civ would use, requires the use of space borne solar power stations, which of course we don't have in use at this time.

Oh, and I think you meant Dyson Swarm for a net work of satellites used to capture the sun's energy. A Dyson Sphere is well out of our technology range.

top topics

join