It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea has capability to undertake 3rd nuclear test, but wants peace treaty with US as price fo

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

www.vice.com... I've been to the border. I've had an extended stay in South Korea. This guy gets props for the creative way he got into North Korea and for having the balls to bring a camera.

Yeah ive seen those videos before, but still he did not live their

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

I agree that all I know about North Korea is what I hear through the media, but if that is true on his first try at golf, then forgive me for jumping to conclusions that this man is some type of cheat.

I just don't know if we can trust the man...

Rest assured, he can be trusted 100% now. All of his moves, or lack thereof, are very predictable..

He's dead.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by victor7

And Guess who has nukes and actually uses them on people? If your afraid of Middle Eastern people having nukes now imagine a child from the Middle East getting nuked at, how traumatized must he be right now. Nobody should have nukes period if this is how the game is going to be.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by BacknTime

getting nuked at

No one is getting nuked at. However, I think you coined a new term.

edit on 25-8-2012 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

who coined the phrase "coined the phrase"?

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by BacknTime
reply to post by victor7

And Guess who has nukes and actually uses them on people? If your afraid of Middle Eastern people having nukes now imagine a child from the Middle East getting nuked at, how traumatized must he be right now. Nobody should have nukes period if this is how the game is going to be.

Is that some kind of jab at the USA for nuking Japan??
If it is you need some serious help.
The people that act like America dropped The Bomb on poor Japan just for something to do are pretty sick individuals. Some are so demented they think the USA should even apologize for it.
The people of modern Japan are not the same as the people prior to WWII....and thank God for that.
You have this vision of the today's Japanese culture getting a couple of nukes dropped on them, it was not like that at all. The people you know as Japanese now, are only this way BECAUSE they got nuked, because they were forced to accept an unconditional surrender and because the USA stuck around to show them there is a better way.............and the Japanese haven't looked back since.
I can think of a few arab countries could use dose of the same to help prod them into the 21st century

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ronnieray123

Originally posted by BacknTime
reply to post by victor7

Is that some kind of jab at the USA for nuking Japan??
If it is you need some serious help.
The people that act like America dropped The Bomb on poor Japan just for something to do are pretty sick individuals. Some are so demented they think the USA should even apologize for it.
The people of modern Japan are not the same as the people prior to WWII....and thank God for that.
You have this vision of the today's Japanese culture getting a couple of nukes dropped on them, it was not like that at all. The people you know as Japanese now, are only this way BECAUSE they got nuked, because they were forced to accept an unconditional surrender and because the USA stuck around to show them there is a better way.............and the Japanese haven't looked back since.
I can think of a few arab countries could use dose of the same to help prod them into the 21st century

Excellent reply and a star for that! Also, it would have cost US heavy causalities to go to Tokyo with its army as Japanese were ready to fight till the last man. Also, US wanted to let Soviets know that it has the nuke and is not afraid of using them. This stopped the spread of communism in the rest of the Europe. To some level it also stopped the 'revenge siege and starvation' of Germans in Berlin. A revenge that was 'very very' justified for what German Army did in Leningrad and then outright destruction of both people and property in Russia, when on retreat. In many a ways Germany got set free on easy for the horrendous crimes it committed on Russians, Jews, and many other people.

I am in not way ready to accept any other Islamic country having nukes. Pakistan has them and when opportunity presents, it should be defanged of these nukes.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

Originally posted by victor7

When it comes to Third World or rather non western world, the local culture does not matter. What matters is the man or regime at the helm. Local people are helpless and if given a chance they will be the first one's fire a shot against the regime.

The people that I am afraid of having nukes are of the Islamic world. Do not want countries like Iran, Egypt or Turkey to have nukes. Pakistan has already blackmailed the world with their nukes and is still doing so.

Disarm then and stop the nuke race. That might help. Tell them Zionist pigs to stop their illegal nuclear program in the Middle East. That might help. Whats good for one is good for all...

What wrong has Israel done to people in middle east that you all are obsessed so much that you are ready to starve your people in order to match Israel in military terms and still cannot. Israel minds its own business and pre-empts where it sees a substantial threat. Focus on your own countries!

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Explanation:

Two wrongs make a right?

Apparently
:w:

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Time and time again NK has talked about peace deals, and time and time again they have always seemed to break them at the last moment due to perceived aggressions and unmet promises on the part of SK/US.

Something will be tabled up, NK won't honor their portion, and they'll pull off another test anyway. It's the same song and dance that's been going on for decades now.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Explanation: No they don't make a right! :shk: ...

... BUT the USA reaps what it sows!

Personal Disclosure: A POX on both the USA and the NK houses.

Stop worrying about nukes ... I can make a dirty nuke in my kitchen ok.

Since that is factual the WHOLE playing field has changed and where the power now lies ... is not with the USA or NK ... it lies with YOU SOLDIER!

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
NK wants a peace treaty?

That begs the question, what are they asking for in the treaty?

Seeing how NK milks the US by not having a treaty, one has to wonder how NK will get there food if they can't manipulate the US any more?

However, it would be interesting if China decided that they were tired of having the US so close to home and told NK to treaty up and play nice as a means to scale down the US in Korea.

I say poo to NK, let them test there nuke and if the test goes as well as there missile test did NK just might solve our NK problem all by them selves

I am still holding out for Russia and Japan to sign a treaty to bring an end to there technical state of war lol
edit on 25-8-2012 by Max_TO because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Last I heard....

China sent North Korea corn instead of their usual shipment of rice which was supposedly in the region [so I've heard and not yet verified] is traditionally a sign of displeasure or mild insult....

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

USA could deny them food aid, and if NK is still pushing, I sense a frigging war coming on -____-. Jesus H Roosvelt! Didn't we just get done with one

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Yeah ive seen those videos before, but still he did not live their

You can't live there unless you are born there.

Americans have a very weird view of the world, in my experience. Largely because they haven't seen even a modicum of it.

One of the first things you will realize when traveling abroad is that most of the people in many nations look the same. That's because they are all of, generally, one race. Though it would be prudent to study up and make sure there are not sub-races that are almost instantly identifiable by the locals and you may offend them by insinuating they are alike (such as Germans and Austrians; Koreans and Japanese - or Koreans and Chinese .... or Chinese and Japanese, Nepali and Indians (not necessarily offensive to them - but still nice to get it right) ... and some people have difficulty distinguishing Pakistani from Indian/Nepali. I picked up on the key facial structure differences and mannerisms the first day - others haven't. Don't make that mistake - you will find developing friendships with foreigners difficult if you can't identify them reliably.

Anyway - most countries have populations that look much the same because they do not fling open their doors to homesteading or work visas. If you're a foreigner you are either consulting/managing a business that is giving their people jobs, or you're teaching them English (the universal language of the first world - the UAE is a melting pot of cultures that mirrors the US past; anyone who makes a habit of buying or selling things learns functional English at a bare minimum regardless of home country, race, religion, etc) and concepts their own academia cannot currently teach.

That's it. You don't just decide you're going to go live in someone else's country. The list of countries that allow this is small. The U.S. is one. Canada is another (though not quite as open as the U.S.). The UAE is another - though you don't get citizen's rights - you can live and work here so long as they don't decide to arbitrarily throw you out (which they can do - but they are kind of trying to attract as much business as possible - so they even bend the enforcement of their strict religious laws for that purpose).

The U.S. is one of the only countries out there that actually allows people to come in and attain citizenship status. It's unheard of the world over.

I believe it's a good thing (when we don't get too carried away giving people entitlement programs) - but it doesn't change the fact that we have a relatively skewed concept of immigration and travel abroad. Even in some of our most socially compatible counterparts (Britain, Germany, France, etc) - you don't just decide you're going to go live in that country. You have to go through mounds of paperwork to be allowed to stay there for longer than certain time frames and you must have some kind of a reason that stands to benefit the host government (usually) or serves some kind of diplomatic/foreign relation function.

I mean... sure - if you go to places like South America where quite a few of the tribes don't even know what country claims the ground they live on... that's a different story. Or some of the similar structures existing in Africa; where you have warlord-headed anarchy.

The other thing you'll find as an American traveling abroad is that few can actually identify you. They'll ask you where you're from because they can't identify your accent - then look perplexed when you say you're an American; you're not going to be what they expect. And you're probably going to be one of the three to five Americans they encounter in their lifetime.

And you'll find out that you can only live in New York, LA, Chicago... and some know about Houston. Otherwise - you're a Cowboy like John Wayne.

Foreign perspective of America in a nutshell. If they know about the concept of states, they likely work with Americans or are very well educated in an arcane topic.

Keep in mind that your perspective is likely just as silly to them.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by GodricNV
USA could deny them food aid, and if NK is still pushing, I sense a frigging war coming on

No offense but how old are you?

Either you're too young to know and have recently become aware or just haven't been paying attention for the past few decades. This is a TYPICAL North Korean MO/ploy.

Watch ------> In a few days, weeks or month or so they'll threaten South Korea, Japan etc etc etc and or fire off another missile or Shell another South Korean island or simply cause a stink somehow, somewhere......

Wash/Rinse/Repeat

Google their theatrics

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Wash/Rinse/Repeat

Google their theatrics

Pretty much.

Though the theatrics got a little bit intense a couple years ago with North Korea torpedoing the South Korean ship and lobbing artillery shells into an inhabited South Korean island.

The RoK was #ting diamonds over that, and the protests went from "Yankee go home" the year before to the equivalent of "Knock the # out of those idiots up north!"

Of course - little-known fact is that most of the public demonstrations over there are college students participating in their "rite of passage" required to graduate. You have to attend a demonstration of some kind - so the subjects are as whimsical as that week's news. You know how college kids are.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

NK will lie, as usual. Personally, China should foot the bill for ALL of NK's problems, as they are the remaining reason, as to why that Country is in the shape its in.MHO

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

When it comes to Third World or rather non western world, the local culture does not matter. What matters is the man or regime at the helm. Local people are helpless and if given a chance they will be the first one's fire a shot against the regime.

The people that I am afraid of having nukes are of the Islamic world. Do not want countries like Iran, Egypt or Turkey to have nukes. Pakistan has already blackmailed the world with their nukes and is still doing so.

Disarm then and stop the nuke race. That might help. Tell them Zionist pigs to stop their illegal nuclear program in the Middle East. That might help. Whats good for one is good for all...

What wrong has Israel done to people in middle east that you all are obsessed so much that you are ready to starve your people in order to match Israel in military terms and still cannot. Israel minds its own business and pre-empts where it sees a substantial threat. Focus on your own countries!

Do tell me you are joking... You're not? Oh well then.

What harm has Israel done? Land grabbing in Syria and Egypt, bombing raids in Palestine (on civilian targets) and Lebanon, Pre-emptive strikes on Syrian nuclear facilities (causing radiated dust to spread and infect), threatens to bomb Iran, Sent their air force to bomb Pakistan before Pakistan acquired 'The Bomb'.

Also, Israel gets billions of dollars from the US every year.. And they still don't have the capacity to war with Iran on their own. They know this, hence the reason they are pressuring the US to do the heavy lifting.

Israel has nuclear weapons. You are giving out and threatening to destroy Iran for 'SUPPOSEDLY' trying to acquire nuclear weapons... You do see the hypocrisy don't you?

Need I go on?

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

haha, I'm 19 years old, and my awareness is quite new, sorry.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join