It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea has capability to undertake 3rd nuclear test, but wants peace treaty with US as price fo

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

BREAKING: North Korea Demands Peace Treaty With US/SK

www.breakingnews.com

North Korea has capability to undertake 3rd nuclear test, but wants peace treaty with US as price for not conducting it - @Reuters
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 24-8-2012 by Maxmars because: Please use the exact headline of your Source

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
This is just breaking now, but from what I gather they are going to go ahead with the Nuclear Test if an "unknown peace agreement" isn't met.

If they are testing a 3rd nuke, that means they must have a few more left as back up; unless they are fooling the world and testing as soon as it's ready?

This could be extremely good or bad.

www.breakingnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 24-8-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I wonder what their idea of a "peace treaty" is.

I have a feeling it isn't all rainbows and unicorns.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Giving them a peace treaty would legitimize them essentially.

They know we want to remove them from power. As China's malefactor, they have some what of an immunity.

We know they know.
This is a sign they want to be on an equal footing, That can't happen in contention with removing them.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

In other words 'we would like to ask that we do this rather then watching you shoot down yet another of our missiles...' That last one looked like a shoot down and they would prefer to tap out then look bad again. a egg in the basket is better then on on the face.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by QUANTUMGR4V17Y

Maybe North Koreans arent as BAD as we think. As they make us believe. Sure they have a weird culture but who doesnt. Who actually has lived in North Korea on here and has experience about living in North Korea? Nobody. All the information we get is from what the media. Which we clearly know that the media exagerates and lies a lot and thats something you cant deny

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Yeah it's just that North Koreans are weird.... What about the starving people that require massive food aid basically every year?

What about the fact that the place has ZERO internet?

I don't often side with the MSM, but saying NK is just "strange" is taking things too far. There are extremely valid reasons why we oppose NK the way we do, including their general attitude that it's ok to break the truce as long as you don't get caught, and even if you do get caught blame it on someone else.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by roguetechie

Get over it......

If GREAT LEADER was still alive he would have the heavens open and shower the people with all manner of happiness!

Could happen, that and pigs flying.

North Korea is just fine where they are behind North Korean borders. I think they are just after another Western Handout. If they don't get it they usually start making threats, MEANING they'll stomp their feet, whine, moan and make false accusations [As always, every time] until somebody pays attention to them.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Oh I completely agree that North Korea is a joke.

But they're a joke with one of the world's largest artillery stockpiles pointed at one of the more heavily industrialized nations in the world.

Between that and being a buffer between China and SK they are in a position to make all sorts of trouble.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I just hope they dont start # with south korea and make it hard to get parts for my korean car....lmao.

Id like to see a peace treaty, open trade up, let the peasants have wealth....yeah, little kim will have to be more of a man than his dad ever was. i can hope though

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Hey man. Do not ever dis the man who shot 11 holes-in-one in one single round of golf.

In 1994, Pyongyang media reported that Kim Jong-il shot an amazing 11 holes-in-one to achieve an unprecedented 38-under-par game on a regulation 18-hole golf course - on his first try at golf.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
No nuclear test in exchange for a peace treaty? I would say that its at least worth considering...

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

I heard he also polished off an entire bottle of scotch in 15 minutes tying the PREVIOUSLY held title by SLAYER69

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I calling bull$hit. Let them test another MISSLE and we will shoot it down again.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I don't want to know what happened after that.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by damingus

I calling bull$hit. Let them test another MISSLE and we will shoot it down again.

"again" would require a first time, yes?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by roguetechie

Get over it......

If GREAT LEADER was still alive he would have the heavens open and shower the people with all manner of happiness!

Could happen, that and pigs flying.

North Korea is just fine where they are behind North Korean borders. I think they are just after another Western Handout. If they don't get it they usually start making threats, MEANING they'll stomp their feet, whine, moan and make false accusations [As always, every time] until somebody pays attention to them.

Hey, instead of giving peace a chance and earning global karma, let's continue to brand them the axis of evil, and deny their people food and medicines...or as you call it "Western Handouts."

I mean they aren't people because they are over there right? Grow up.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AvrilDupre

If they want stuff, they need to say "uncle"

they won't say "uncle"

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
So, posturing, and playing the "Who blinks first" game is saving lives. Yes this makes sense.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join