It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Billionaire Ty Warner donates 20,00 to Woman needing stem cell procedure

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Source

I often get asked by random strangers for directions. Not one to miss an opportunity, I handed him my flyer and he made a fifty dollar donation. As he drove off, I thought that was the end of our encounter... He'd returned after an hour or so. Rolling down his window, he reached out his hand and introduced himself. I immediately recognized his name. He was kind and sincere as he looked directly into my eyes... I listened as he repeated over and over that he was going to help me. That my fundraising was done. That I didn't need to worry any longer. He said he would send a check after he returned to his offices during the week.

Not everyday a billionaire is fated to meet a woman in need and have the kindness to care, much less donate 20,000.

He was true to his word. Vasilakos, an herbalist and Reiki teacher, received a package on July 16 with a $20,000 check and with a handwritten note from Warner. The note read in part, "Someone up there loves you because I was guided to meet you Saturday. I never lose my way, but fate had me lost and ask you for directions. The rest of the story I hope will be a wonderful new life for you."

Godbless you Ty Warner. Never lose that heart.

edit on 24-8-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Wow, that was very nice of him.

Sort of had me choked up reading about it.

Not so much because he gave her 20,000....that is pocket change to him, but more the fact that he got lost, and ended up asking her for directions.

Cool story, thank you for posting.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Who thinks this is generous? If it is a one off it's 0.002% of his wealth.

Someone owning $900,000 giving away 0.002% of their wealth is $1,800. Anyone hit the headlines by giving away $1,800?

What about someone who doesn't own anything but has $12,000 in the bank and that's all they own. If they give away 0.24c.

Anyone seen a headline for someone who owns little giving away 0.24 cents?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012

Someone owning $900,000 giving away 0.002% of their wealth is $1,800. Anyone hit the headlines by giving away $1,800?

What about someone who doesn't own anything but has $12,000 in the bank and that's all they own. If they give away 0.24c.

You make a great point...

Considering my wealth, and what I have given to others, my generosity has been at a much higher level..

I still think its cool that he got lost (which usually never happens according to him) and she is the one he ended up asking for directions .

Maybe he is trying to fix his karma

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
That's it?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by pacifier2012

It's extremely generous. He didn't owe that woman a dime and he payed for her procedure.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012

If he could give at all, it's something, pocket change or no. He didn't have to help this woman get the money for her procedure. How many other billionaires would single out one woman to help her cause that you know of? Most wouldn't even get on a personal level to write her a note to tell her she would be taken care of and her worries were over, much less look at the gutter trash holding a sign begging for money.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by headorheart
reply to post by pacifier2012

It's extremely generous. He didn't owe that woman a dime and he payed for her procedure.

I think he was talking comparatively to his money.

I have given people 20 bucks when they are down and out, when I didn't have much more.

For some giving someone 50 cents for a phone call is being extremely generous if they only have 10 dollars to their name.

What he was saying is that there are many who are generous, who never get the recognition for it.

What he did was very thoughtful, and it was generous, but not as generous as some who have far less do , and they never get a pat on the back.
edit on 25-8-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join