It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The White House Brews its Own Beer...And People Are Petitioning For The Recipe.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Trust the Govt. to keep any secret they can.

Now the people are gathering signatures to petition the release of the beer recipe that the Prez quaffs. Over 7,000 signatures so far and climbing. Why? It's really only beer IMO.

The Petition is here:
petitions.whitehouse.gov...

we petition the obama administration to: Release the recipe for the Honey Ale home brewed at the White House.

I'll bet that there so many other beers that can rival and surpass the White House beer tho. People are very creative when it comes to their own beers and I don't think the brew masters in the House are into the craft but rather just putting it out there for PR. At least I hope there isn't a full time brew guy on the payroll.

www.todaysthv.com...

The White House has a secret beer recipe and thousands of people want the brewer-in-chief to give it up! It's called "White House Honey Ale." And some are demanding the White House reveal the top-secret recipe. During his time in the white house, President Obama has thrown back more than a few beers. There was the infamous White House Beer Summit with a Harvard professor and the police officer who arrested him.

There are three kinds of beer brewed at the white house, according to the blog, Obama Foodorama : White House Honey Ale, White House Honey Blonde and White House Honey Porter -- made with honey from the beehives on the south lawn. Read more: www.newsnet5.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Great. Now I want a six pack of POTUS....

I've read a million reasons on ATS, over the years, to rise up. But this is the clincher. I want a brewery in my house by Tuesday or I'm seceding!

~Heff

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
Great. Now I want a six pack of POTUS....

I've read a million reasons on ATS, over the years, to rise up. But this is the clincher. I want a brewery in my house by Tuesday or I'm seceding!

~Heff

But...Doesn't the White House belong to You, The People?

Just walk up and tap a keg.

Peace

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Huge non issue to keep you from reading the real news.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by lobotomizemecapin
Huge non issue to keep you from reading the real news.

Well, I don't see it as an issue or even a non-issue and it certainly isn't HUGE as you put it.

Interesting is more how I would put it. I mean after all, it's beer!

Peace

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I think it's awesome that they actually brew their own beer! I also brew my own beer, and let me tell you once you get the hang of the craft you will rarely if ever drink major label beer again.
Craft beers are where it's at if you ask me. The little tweaks and adjustments that you can make on the fly to give you that perfect brew is just amazing. I would however try the recipes if they ever released them.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

It was on the front page of foxnews the other day.

Made a pretty big deal about it.

Acting like people want full disclosure and pretending the masses give a #

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

This is politcal propaganda. How can you not see that? Obama doesnt brew any #ing beer...

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson
reply to post by jude11

This is politcal propaganda. How can you not see that? Obama doesnt brew any #ing beer...

Nobody said Obama does. The White House does though and that is what the story is about. I would not mind getting a bottle of one of those. Mmmmmm beer.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson
reply to post by jude11

Does it matter?

It's BEER!

Peace

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_
I think it's awesome that they actually brew their own beer! I also brew my own beer, and let me tell you once you get the hang of the craft you will rarely if ever drink major label beer again.
Craft beers are where it's at if you ask me. The little tweaks and adjustments that you can make on the fly to give you that perfect brew is just amazing. I would however try the recipes if they ever released them.

This would make a good hobby. Kinda like a cooking deal.

Care to share some of your favorite mixes?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
My thoughts, is the WH beer subjected to the same treatment a local brewer would recieve?

also,

Its a sad day in America when people petition over beer, as if it truly matters in the grand scheme of things, our priorities are screwed up, thats JMHO.

Americans want transparency in Gov when it comes to beer, most could give a crap less when it comes to stuff that really matters.

Its just stupid!!!
edit on 24-8-2012 by kat2684 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-8-2012 by kat2684 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I get it now! Its not that the Politicians are corrupt. its that they are always drunk.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofonehunlo

I would absolutely share a recipe or two for those interested. I do mostly whole grain brews, but I could convert most of my recipes to be either complete extract for some or partial mash for others. What type of beer do you prefer? Also if you are interested in getting started brewing, but not sure where to begin this is a good place to start. There is a wealth of knowledge here and it demystifies the brewing process.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
How much does this operation cost? Willing to bet it ends up being something like $50 or $100 a bottle when all is said and done. Just feed these politicians beer brewed by an american company and support a US business.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
First time i've heard of this. That's a pretty conveinient (sic) thing to have. I imagine those drinks must be good if it's a top-secret recipe, but then again, so does KFC and Coca Cola.
edit on 24-8-2012 by technical difficulties because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Actually the math on brewing your own beer usually works out to around $.50-$1 per bottle depending on what type of beer you are brewing. The fact that they are brewing their own beer is what amazes me. It shows that there is still some craft and self reliance left in this country. What amazes me even more is the fact that they are doing it with their own honey. Not sure why anyone would be against them making their own anything instead of paying top dollar to purchase from someone else.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

Hmm, you sound like a knowledgeable homebrewer. ATS has it's own Everything Homebrew! thread. It'd be cool if you stopped by.

Anyhoo, to make any of those recipes, you honestly would only need a pound of honey, perhaps 2 at the most. The primary grains used are what would be interesting to know. The WH may have a few hives, but do they also have a field of barley as well? Thought so.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
The WH isn't the average guy. probably high paid staff, etc, etc. Wonder if they reveal the cost in budget figures.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
How much does this operation cost? Willing to bet it ends up being something like $50 or $100 a bottle when all is said and done. Just feed these politicians beer brewed by an american company and support a US business.

Most likely cheaper than buying it. However whatever it costs it not like the taxpayers have to pay for the Presidents meals, they have to pay for all that themselves.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join