Ron Paul to only get video tribute at the RNC.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Thanks for the 142 flags in my last thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

BUT YOU MIGHT want to remove them because of this..

Mitt Romney’s campaign announced Friday that Ron Paul would receive a video tribute at the convention — part of an effort to appease Paul supporters and to highlight Romney’s supposedly warm relationship with the Texas congressman

“We are pleased that Ron Paul was denied any formal speaking role at the convention and that the RNC has worked so that his name will not even be put in nomination,” RJC executive director Matt Brooks told TPM in a statement. “This reflects the broad consensus that Ron Paul and his views are outside of the mainstream of the Republican Party.”

2012.talkingpointsmemo.com...

+12 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
They don't want him there because he will show them up for the morally bankrupt slime they are. I'm still voting Ron Paul in nov if I have to write him in.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Ron Paul never had a chance anyway. To say otherwise is flat out delusional. Surprised he has a tribute though, probably just for a good laugh.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

“This reflects the broad consensus that Ron Paul and his views are outside of the mainstream of the Republican Party.”

...but completely inline with the average person. Why is the US so blind to see what he can do for them? Outside looking in, this is just as funny/pathetic as when the US elected W. (He was appointed the first time.)
Gross.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
This is going to get interesting.... I feel that this will only anger his supporters. With all the fraud that occurred, all the violence against his supporters, all the blacklisting, all the unequal debate time... I feel that this might be the proverbial "cherry" on the sundae.

The Doctor deserves his 15 minute speaking role. This will turn around and bite them I believe. I have a feeling we will see more violence against the Paul crowd come the RNC, and of course the blame will be put on their shoulders.

Do they honestly believe Paul's delegates will sit ideally by and bow down to the GOP's current Crimson King because they showed a video tribute? A video that will probably encounter technical issues and be canceled last minute?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Also why would they want Ron Paul supporters there? I know it is a small amount of the group but you know there will be some loud obnoxious tools making a scene.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I could have swore he was on the ballot + a speaking role because he got a plurity of delegates in 5 states?...

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

He would be if:

A) The whole election process wasn't a complete illusion.

B) Americans stepped away from the boob tube and realized that their vote was just a illusion, then acted accordingly via Mass protest, peaceful civil unrest, so forth....

Instead we have a "follow the leader" citizen base, which thinks they're on the winning sides, and want to be part of the winning crowd. I'm surprised The GOP and the Dems don't hand out giant foam fingers, because to me it's nothing more then a "higher brow" WWE match.

edit on 24-8-2012 by squidboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I stopped being a Paul supporter a long time ago but I think he certainly deserves a speaking role. While I agree his beliefs are pretty out there, I think many respect his opinion and would benefit from hearing him speak. I fully agree that he would embarass the republicans but theyve been doing that pretty damn well on their own for awhile now. You shouldnt just silence someone you disagree with. I always learn from people I disagre with and allowing someone to challenge what you think helps you.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Purple Ronnie should grab a mic and walk down to the ring and say his peice anyway, thats what they do on the wrestling!

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

and that the RNC has worked so that his name will not even be put in nomination

They worked alright, they worked damn hard he wouldn't be a choice. If he has no support then why go through all this nonsense to disqualify his wins? They committed so much fraud against him and his supporters, that it should make even non paul supporters sick.

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I call BS. If you were once a Ron Paul supporter, there's no way you could say:

his beliefs are pretty out there

I guess you think reality is pretty out there? I just don't get this mentality. Our CURRENT politics are pretty "out there".. Unless of course, you think lobbyists controlling 99% of what our elected officials do, and the FED being manipulated by the banks destroying our economy who own the corporations and lobbyists and media you listen to are not "pretty out there".
edit on 24-8-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
I could have swore he was on the ballot + a speaking role because he got a plurity of delegates in 5 states?...

Cut a deal. Rand will speak and Ron will get a video and Romney gets a nice peaceful nomination. I know Pauls supporters seem to forget he is a politician but, that is exacty what he is. The Paul brand continues with Rand getting a nice chance to speak and since he is much more of an insider than his father he is being set up for a more high profile role in the furture. Ron used this election to set up Rand for the future. That may chase off the small core of his supporters but it will gain a Rand a much larger group of supporters within the Party.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueNose
Purple Ronnie should grab a mic and walk down to the ring and say his peice anyway, thats what they do on the wrestling!

Best Idea Ever.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I just want to be free from their economic and physical oppression that's all.
And I think it would be cool if all of you were free from it too.

That's what this is really about.

Of course our slave masters will not willingly let go....
We have to free ourselves from our false limitations, within our minds, hearts, body, and soul.

Deja Vu?

Just don't hurt anyone, violence is the problem not the solution.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Mitt Romney’s campaign announced Friday that Ron Paul would receive a video tribute at the convention — part of an effort to appease Paul supporters and to highlight Romney’s supposedly warm relationship with the Texas congressman.

“This reflects the broad consensus that Ron Paul and his views are outside of the mainstream of the Republican Party.”

2012.talkingpointsmemo.com...

A little smacking-up to Paul might just be in order. Otherwise the NASCAR dads and soccer moms might realize the Republican Party is not really great for their benefit either. It wasn't that far back when the Democrats were the party of the average Joe but thought voting Republican might make them feel a bit more special.

In case people got wise that neither of those parties has their best interests in mind the media decided to jump on the Third-Party bandwagon a bit and highlight a half-dozen or so "third-parties" to help dilute competition for the Big Two.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
He did get the plurality. Now they are changing the rules AGAIN this close to convention time so he doesnt win.

Plain and Simple.

Corruption.

I will never vote for a Republican or Democrat ever again unless they fix this problem.

F- Romney and Obama, and their paid off cronies and gutless supporters.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
I stopped being a Paul supporter a long time ago but I think he certainly deserves a speaking role. While I agree his beliefs are pretty out there, I think many respect his opinion and would benefit from hearing him speak. I fully agree that he would embarass the republicans but theyve been doing that pretty damn well on their own for awhile now. You shouldnt just silence someone you disagree with. I always learn from people I disagre with and allowing someone to challenge what you think helps you.

Dr Paul is the last true voice of the people and the US Constitution. Looking at voting records of congress and senate proves that.
thomas.loc.gov...

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
He did get the plurality. Now they are changing the rules AGAIN this close to convention time so he doesnt win.

Plain and Simple.

Corruption.

I will never vote for a Republican or Democrat ever again unless they fix this problem.

F- Romney and Obama, and their paid off cronies and gutless supporters.

That's passion!

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

These people are so far gone into delusion about how the world works, they actually FIGHT for the rights of the opressors.

They identify with these crooks, as if somehow it will get them some advantage somewhere, and everyone who goes against the corrupt over-manipulated system is going to take away all the opportunity they "May Have" at getting ahead, of ..... of.... something.

So these completely programmed , beyond repair people who live in perpetual fear of change, except for the worse .... and WITHOUT CONSCIOUSLY KNOWING IT , people continue to hold the rest of us back because of the paranoid schizophrenia they have been forced into thinking is "normal".

Time to "Unprogram" these who have taken on the traits of the bizarre, and GET RID of all the negative, that they condone and even praise!

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join