It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Mulls Return To Gold Standard. Attempt to Steal Ron Paul Supporters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Summed up, this is a pathetic attempt to quell the Ron Paul followers that have become more than a thorn in the side of corrupt politics. Not to mention an attempt to steal some of his supporters. This reeks of fear and desperation by the GOP.
Wall Street Journal Online
“I can tell you there’s language in there deals with auditing the Fed. People believe we need to do something about the Fed. We need to do something about inflation,” the Tennessee Republican said on “The Kudlow Report.”
CNBC

edit on 24-8-2012 by GoldenRuled because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

How is it "stealing" Ron Paul supporters...? If any person or party restores us to the gold standard thats whats important right, not who get credit?

Statements like yours seem closer to the idol worship that existed around 2008 Obama. Ron Paul is about his revolution, NOT personal glory.

I think he would welcome republican, democrats or anybody in between interested in restoring this country.

(I don't think it will ever happen and it seems like pandering but still... why be mad if people are coming around to the thought?)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
hey guys...you are already in the GOP if you support Ron Paul. Not sure why Ron Paul supporters consider themselves their own party....There's only 3% of you nationally anyway...

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
hey guys...you are already in the GOP if you support Ron Paul. Not sure why Ron Paul supporters consider themselves their own party....There's only 3% of you nationally anyway...

People support Paul's ideas, not a political party. Most of us don't give two #s about the GOP.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
the gold standard is not a magic bullet

it may even lead to a plutocracy

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

I think it's fairly safe to say, we are already there, seeing as how both of the force-fed candidates have been boasting about how much currency they plan to throw at this years campaign; or perhaps that in conjunction with that - they are both heavily backed by the goldman sachs.

*Note - the definition is provided for those who may be unaware as to the words meaning*

plutocracy (pluːˈtɒkrəsɪ)

— n , pl -cies
1. the rule or control of society by the wealthy
2. a state or government characterized by the rule of the wealthy
3. a class that exercises power by virtue of its wealth

*ETA* The real evil in my opinion, of our banking system is fractional reserve banking.
edit on 25-8-2012 by blood0fheroes because: left a couple cars out of my train of thought....

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

The reason why people who support Paul consider themselves their own party is because they are conservatives. The GOP of today are not conservatives they are corporatist. They care nothing for what is good for America and it's people only what is good for corporations.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by blood0fheroes
reply to post by syrinx high priest

I think it's fairly safe to say, we are already there, seeing as how both of the force-fed candidates have been boasting about how much currency they plan to throw at this years campaign; or perhaps that in conjunction with that - they are both heavily backed by the goldman sachs.

*Note - the definition is provided for those who may be unaware as to the words meaning*

plutocracy (pluːˈtɒkrəsɪ)

— n , pl -cies
1. the rule or control of society by the wealthy
2. a state or government characterized by the rule of the wealthy
3. a class that exercises power by virtue of its wealth

*ETA* The real evil in my opinion, of our banking system is fractional reserve banking.
edit on 25-8-2012 by blood0fheroes because: left a couple cars out of my train of thought....

Thanks for the reply, agree with what you are saying

fraction reserve banking took me awhile to even understand. when I did it was very depressing. there was a thread here a while back with a long video on the fed and the gold standard. His point was a gold standard could lead to more of an overt or literal plutocracy.

top topics

join