It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US, UK, French elite units on standby for seizing Syrian chemical weapons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

US special forces kitted up for Syria US C130 transports stand ready at Middle East air bases to fly into Syria US elite units especially trained in combat against chemical and biological weapons and tactics for securing their arsenals.

Western intelligence sources reported Thursday, Aug. 23 that those units are on standby at bases in Israel and Jordan. Their assignments are to engage Syrian troops attempting to move those unconventional weapons systems to battle fronts or Hizballah and to prevent them falling into the hands of radical Islamic rebel fighters, especially Al Qaeda.

www.debka.com...

I understand this is Debka, but chances are this is very much legitimate. It's only a safe-bet to have some forces, readily available on land to swoop in. Although, Israel said they'd do this on their own but an International Force would be an asset.
edit on 24-8-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Let's not forget, It was said they wouldn't use chemical weapons unless someone intervened from outside the country. Hopefully, they're in position to seize all of the weapons at once and don't just take one factory / secured location.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
This is a good idea, and I don't doubt it. But now that it's freakin' public it's going to put the Syrian's in a "use ir or lose it" mindset.

Make no mistake, the chem/WMD thing in Iraq was iffy' and about the best "excuse" they could come up with.

Syria on the other hand does have tons of the stuff, and I think they would use it.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Probably not even chemical weapons. probably just there to swoop in and steal anything of value being transported ie gold, natural resources etc etc with chemical weapons as an excuse.

top topics

join