The Abortion issue will not help the Democrats

page: 1

join

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
It's funny to watch the Democrats. They are desperate to talk about anything but Obama's record and the economy.

They want to talk about tax returns, Shamus the dog, Todd Akin, Bain Capital or anything else that would avoid any talk about jobs, the deficit and entitlement reform.

You never hear, man Obama is doing great with jobs or Obama is really fixing the deficit. African American unemployment and poverty is up. Hispanic unemployment and poverty is up. Women unemployment and poverty is up.

I will make a prediction:

Democrats will be talking about Mormonism next. They can't talk about Hussein's great stewardship of the economy, so anything goes.
edit on 24-8-2012 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

Romney is playing right into it. If I was him and somebody asked me about abortion I would just simply say "1.1 trillion budget deficiet." But how do you feel about Akin's comments?! My reply, "where are the jobs Obama?"

...if only the republicans didn't always nominate a tool
edit on 24-8-2012 by IsThisThingBugged because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
What's funny to me is that all of a sudden Republicans don't want to talk about abortion? Or immigration? etc. etc.

This is what they have been campaigning on for years..it's thier bread and butter. Thier dog-whistle to the evangelical right wing..

Now...they don't want to talk about it?

We can talk jobs and the economy when Mittens puts forth some actual plan aside from "trickle down" dreams that the OMB, Tax Policy Center and genuine fiscal conservatives don't expose as rhetorical nonsense.

What is there to debate? In one camp we have a slow recovery and in the other we have an ever morphing plan that everyone except team Mittens admits will repeat the the Bush years or worse.

BTW - Your OP seems more a rant suited for commentary on Briebart.com than an actual issue or evidence of anything.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

I think Obama has a pretty decent list of accomplishments. He can talk about passing Healthcare Reform, he can talk about killing Bin Laden and ending the Iraq War. He could talk about ending Don't Ask Don't Tell, saving the auto industry, Wall Street reform.... Quite a bit in his arsenal...

On the other hand Republicans continue to fight for the rich and try to limit women's rights. Republicans will pander to the extremely rich and extremely religious and hope that makes up for more than 50% of the country. I think the trick for Republicans actually will be in not talking about their track record, and spinning their greed for the super rich to somehow be good for everyday Americans.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
It's sad that the platforms of both parties are rife with anti-liberty positions. The right to do with my body what I please on one side the right to do with my property as I please on the other.

When did tyranny become so popular that a major political party has to load their party platform with dictatorial authoritarian nonsense just to be considered viable?

Instead of this "our dictator is better than your dictator" pissing contest we have every couple of years why not choose liberty?

I thought the majority wanted change? At least that's what all the pundits told me the last election meant. So where is it and why ist anyone offering it?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

BTW - Your OP seems more a rant suited for commentary on Briebart.com than an actual issue or evidence of anything.

As do your comments seem more suited for Media Matters???

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963
reply to post by Indigo5

As do your comments seem more suited for Media Matters???

Look at the comments these agitators make, and mine get deleted? Pathetic really.
They love the black and racist democrats here

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by HamrHeed

Look at the comments these agitators make, and mine get deleted? Pathetic really.
They love the black and racist democrats here

I don't know what you wrote, but I can say from my experience that the MODS have dinged me a few times and after looking at what I wrote, they had a right to do what they did.........Not to say they don't make mistakes, but in general, I deserved what I got...

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

The only reason that abortion is even an issue is that the GOP won't give it up. The Democrats wouldn't really care about it if the Right wouldn't shove their beliefs down everyone's throats every time there's an election.

It's amusing to me that a party that's supposedly all for personal liberty wants to dictate to women what they can and cannot do with their bodies.

There is an elegant solution to the abortion issue. If you are against abortion, don't have one. Problem solved.

What the Democrats need to do in order to really screw up the GOP platform is talk about gun control. They have absolutely no spine when it comes to anything to do with gun control. They let the Right dictate that issue with a passion, and they do nothing about it. Meanwhile we have shootings like Columbine, Georgia Tech, Arizona, Colorado (again), etc. and no one from the left can grow a pair and say "Hey, do we really really need this amount of firearms in this country?"

I think that Democrats should start getting tough with Republicans on these issues. They have been bullied way too long by a group of overly religious and bigoted nutjobs for far too long.

Or, we could compromise, the GOP can keep their guns, and the Democrats can keep Abortion.

The Economy? The GOP has had control of the house for how long? And they haven't done squat about the economy. Instead they wasted your's and my tax dollars reciting the US Constitution.

new topics
top topics

join