It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We ready for this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 05:47 PM
link   
First of all lets say the government is hiding knowledge that ETs exist.

Most of the world is smart enough to handle it but look at other events and peoples reaction.

9/11 and war on terror. Sure I was scared the day of 9/11 but i didnt go out and waste my money on gas masks and stuff. And the terror threat level issued by the government is a joke but people are buying it and really wrapping their houses in seran wrap.

If the government knows of ET then its people like this that are keeping them from letting us know.

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Too many unknowns. We've spent years trying to determine how people would react as a whole (religious, panic, looting, etc.) as well as subtle conditioning (leaks of info, movies, etc.) and we still don't know....

One of these days, it will come out, planned or not, but I must say, 50+ years is impressive for keeping such a secret....not that many of us think it's a secret anymore....

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 03:49 PM
link   
The gov't or whoever's controlling the information is probably waiting for everyone from a major event like roswell to die, hope it doesn't happen again, and say "you have no proof, everyone's dead anyway." Until an invasion force is sent or a president who doesn't value their life is elected, we'll have no proof. Awww, it's alright little guys, I believe you exist!
And no, we're probably not ready. The Soccer Moms of America will try to have all the aliens shot because their 5-year-old can't be exposed to such scary images. I'd just laugh if I saw one... then crap my pants.

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 12:44 AM
link   
what about this ... Hollywood is pumping out hours worth of alien themed movies and could this be part of some sort of brainwashing for that historic day when the UFO's land in the rose garden ...

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 12:52 AM
link   
i'll say this once, people as a whole are stupid but a single person is smart. individually we will accept it but there will be those that will gather the sheep to them and there will be hell to pay, i dont blame the goverment from covering up UFO's, and besides who knows maybe they are trying to tell us by letting things slip slowly so in the end when they anounce it every one will be like, um yeah we already know.

[Edited on 27-5-2003 by seedy_sid]

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 05:28 PM
link   
.....and you can bet they are not here for a Knights of Columbus meeting. LOL

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 10:00 PM
link   
"The government" isn't THAT good at keeping secrets.

It's not just one monstrous entity; it's made up of hundreds of thousands of people just like you and me -- people who HAVE leaked reliable stories to major news media, who have turned whistleblower and forced the truth to light. They revealed the MJ12 experiments, the Tuskeegee scandals, Tailhook, Watergate, and thousands upon thousands of military and political secrets.

Newspaper reporters investigate these sources, and if they're credible, they break the story.

HOWEVER -- to date, nobody has done so on aliens. The only papers with stories "leaked" to them are the tabloids, who gleefully publish this along with articles about Nostradamus predicting dandruff and BatBoy falling in love with Barbara Bush.

The government is hiding a lot of things -- but is probably not hiding anything about alien contacts. As bad as they are at hiding secrets, and as much as incoming politicians hate the ones they deposed, this would have been out in the open to flaunt.

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 11:53 PM
link   
If they are ever going to stage a 'first' contact, they might do it in space. The idea would be that the aliens would still be 'out there', and the sense of danger would be less.

Now, educated people will realize that, if you can fly 40 light years from Zeta Reticuli to Earth, that flying an extra 1,000,000 miles is no problem-- but educated people are not the ones who will start rioting.

The scenario would be like this: The first human ship to go to Mars would, on entering Martian orbit, see something strange on its radar. They'd change orbit to intercept the thing. The approach, signalling, and boarding would all be broadcast on TV. At the end of the encounter, the humans would invite the aliens to come to earth one day.

This way, people wouldn't feel that the aliens had just blown by our defences, but that they were here as guests. It would also say, to the minds of many, "hey, we can fly to other planets, too! So don't be afraid." Of course, flying between stars is about a million times harder than flying between two planets in the same system, but, again, the idea of this staged event will be to lessen the fear factor among the populace.

If they can't get a mars mission together within a few decades, they might just do it in orbit with a space shuttle, though thsi wouldn't be as effective.

Jim

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 12:00 AM
link   
One thing at a time, please, have you actually seen someone saran-wrap their home?

Of all the points made, Seedy-Sid's is most on point, no matter the scenario. One individual may try and think rationally, but as a herd, we do pretty stupid crap.

[Edited on 27-5-2003 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 05:08 AM
link   
I have a documentary on vid (I am in work right now but when i get home I will check the name) that is to do with UFO's and Alien encounters.

There is a member of the crew that made the film "The day the earth stood still", a director or someone else invovled at a higher level of production who claims that they were approached by a high ranking military officer and "asked" them to make the movie.

They wished to judge, as the story goes, public acceptance or horror at the events portrayed in the movie. How would audiences react to such a disclosure!

If this did happen as claimed I think they did a grand job of judgement because this movie is still a definitive classic but not taken seriously. As with all movies of this genre, they can be great entertainment but there are a mass of people out there who would not think twice about the story - just wishing to be entertained.

If this is possible how many movies have been insidiously manuvered or directed towards the Govts' goals??

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I'm American, so I now how stupid a large crowd can be
. But the general public is quite out of it.

Truthfully, I think if there are aliens, the public shouldn't know unless it was a major threat. Think of aliens being terrorists- we didn't know, we didn't care. Thus we didn't care, we didn't become locked in fear (or what have you.).

But personally, I think all there are, are manmade UFO's only in this business.

You know... I wouldn't mind seeing a person seran wrapping their house... There would be a lot less stupid people (for the slow people: It would sufficate them). Who's idea was it to seal up houses completely? Oh, well. If anyone does spread anthrax, you're screwed either way.

I just thought of a good saying:
With large crowds come large misunderstandings.

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Could 9-11 been a test to see if the US would go into mass Hysteria about being attacked. This is interesting because certain branches of the goverment were inplaced to cover the event FEMA FBI CIA NSA they all took active roles. is it time for NWO or Alien Contact. I think that in the next Decade everything will come into the light

posted on May, 30 2003 @ 07:36 AM
link   
The only problem with relying on our government for releasing the information is that they have been lying to us for YEARS about it. I wouldn't trust anything that was released from them.

9/11 was orchestrated to justify this "war on terror" in the public's eye. It allowed us to get at afghanistan's oil reserves, poppy fields (the CIA loves drugs), and slowly start to eliminate Israel's enemies in the middle east. 9/11 was an act of treason.

posted on May, 31 2003 @ 09:39 AM
link   
If you try to get a government issued map of the Nellis range (through the information act), they give you a faked map without many of the bases- including Area 51- although we know its there.

Can we make a civil case on this?

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Governments. Are past masters at not answering the question asked.
The way this story will come out is either by accident or by a wistleblower type leak.

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 11:05 AM
link   
www.presidentialufo.com...

I got this from another post here. Seems that they are very intent on keeping their mouths shut.

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 11:28 AM
link   
The government has masterful in the way it has handled UFO's.The misinformation,changing stories.It seems like each small part of the government knows a little bit.But none of them work together.The NSA,CIA,FBI,all have info,but don't share it with one another.Also the FOIA is a joke.They only release some pages of information,and most of those have been blacked out.
So why isn't the government straight with us.Most likely because they have lied.Then people would start to wonder what else they have lied about.No government has been straight with the people on UFO's.And that should make people wonder.Think about it for a minute,despite dislikes from country to the next,they all agree on not saying a whole lot on UFO's.

top topics

join