It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Belief in God/Jesus through Personal experiences.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

No, "he" is not coming in the clouds with great power and glory. Perhaps an ET overlord, but not the "Son of man Jesus".....

Sorry, just....this is so not going to happen.
It's not.
*sigh*
If it does, I will polish your heaven-boots for eternity......and also proclaim Jesus as Lord

Better get an economy sized can of shoe polish then, because the prophets were never wrong. When God told them something was going to happen it did happen, it was just a matter of when.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Better get an economy sized can of shoe polish then, because the prophets were never wrong. When God told them something was going to happen it did happen, it was just a matter of when.

Okay, I will....

ya know, lonewolf, the more of your posts I read, the more I (think I) understand you.
I'm sorry you had such a rough time as a kid.........

I have no ill will towards you, brother. I'm just having a hard time believing in any "prophet". It seems no matter what you (guys and gals) say, I just.....

I just can't bite. It just doesn't seem plausible.

Brightest blessings, lonewolf

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

My 1st experience would be open to interpretation. The 2nd time isn't. The 2nd time I went into a gay bar(yes, I'm straight), nobody within 20 ft of me sitting on my bar stool, I get slugged in the back hard enough to stand me up off the stool. I spun around to see who shoved me. No one there. I sat back down and 1 second later I'm slugged a little harder. A half dozen people in here and most were sitting at the other end of the bar. At least 1 person there noticed something was happening. His expression was '???'. Was in a bad way at that time in my life and was feeling a little curious. But yes, I have been frequently guided at times in my life when I was being hypocritical. I have no idea why some are shown things and others are not. I do know that you cannot look at God or Jesus with your eyes. I dont have an easy life but I am thankful and I know I would have been long dead without frequent intervention on the part what I choose to believe to be the will of God
edit on 17-8-2013 by GoldenRuled because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenRuled
reply to post by jiggerj

My 1st experience would be open to interpretation. The 2nd time isn't. The 2nd time I went into a gay bar(yes, I'm straight), nobody within 20 ft of me sitting on my bar stool, I get slugged in the back hard enough to stand me up off the stool. I spun around to see who shoved me. No one there. I sat back down and 1 second later I'm slugged a little harder. A half dozen people in here and most were sitting at the other end of the bar. At least 1 person there noticed something was happening. His expression was '???'. Was in a bad way at that time in my life and was feeling a little curious. But yes, I have been frequently guided at times in my life when I was being hypocritical. I have no idea why some are shown things and others are not. I do know that you cannot look at God or Jesus with your eyes. I dont have an easy life but I am thankful and I know I would have been long dead without frequent intervention on the part what I choose to believe to be the will of God
edit on 17-8-2013 by GoldenRuled because: (no reason given)

Are you saying that god actually took the time to slug you for being sexually curious, as though a god really cares where you put your penis? Are you implying that your god has the power to slug you, but doesn't have the power to slug all of these morons that are kidnapping children and raping women?

Seriously, what does your sexual preference have to do with what you do with your mind and your heart?

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Are you implying that your god has the power to slug you . . .
God, of course, can do that.
The thing is about the bad people, they could get "slugged" and not pay attention to it enough to change their lives.
I am a witness to such an event, where this person had this happen to him but he pushed it out of his mind and probably attributed the whole thing to some other source.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Many of these moments are very personal to us, and yes, we do realize that they can be interpreted in many ways, and science always has an explanation for everything, even though they can't prove much of it.

I will relate my own personal experience, but I'm going to leave out a lot of the details. They aren't important for this thread. The biggest part is that one night I had a dream where I was in a strange featureless city, tall buildings made of large white bricks, but no doors or windows. There was nobody around. I walked along the street when a man came up to me. I realized it was Jesus.

At that moment, I fell to my knees wanting nothing more than to wake up and be out of that dream. I was terrified begging for forgiveness and declaring my unworthiness to be there. But I didn't wake up. Why? I've had tons of dreams where things went bad and I just woke up. In fact, I never was able to not pull myself out of a dream when I wanted to wake up, but not this one. Jesus touched me and said it was OK. In that moment, all the fear and unworthiness left me, and I was at peace. I didn't really feel love or anything like that, but I was no longer afraid. Jesus took me to meet my unborn son. A month later, my future, and still, wife was pregnant, and we did have a son, who ended up being severely handicapped. I believe Jesus gave me that moment to help me deal with the situation that was coming.

That's all, it's enough for me.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MRSeeker

You moved me greatly with that account. Thank you very much for sharing that profoundly touching aspect of your journey.

There was nobody around. I walked along the street when a man came up to me. I realized it was Jesus. At that moment, I fell to my knees wanting nothing more than to wake up and be out of that dream. I was terrified begging for forgiveness and declaring my unworthiness to be there.

Philippians 2:9-11 (Complete Jewish Bible)
9 Therefore God raised him to the highest place and gave him the name above every name; 10 that in honor of the name given Yeshua, every knee will bow - in heaven, on earth and under the earth;11 and every tongue will acknowledgeb that Yeshua the Messiah is Adonai - to the glory of God the Father.

He too has brought me to my knees and I pray to be Kept and Deemed Worthy also through the disgraces of this flesh condition, prey to sin.
edit on 18-8-2013 by PrimeLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

The sun is not going to be darkened..... the moon will continue to reflect the sun's light..... the stars of heaven will continue being stars, eventually becoming supernovae...and the whole cycle will begin again.

My partner and I were Given the same dream on the same morning that pertained to the 3 days of darkness that is referenced in the Bible as a literal pending cosmic based event.

It will happen as Prophesied and change can come very swiftly like a sudden large asteroid breaking through the sky decimating any illusions of 'cosmic normalcy' that appears to be harboured within.
edit on 18-8-2013 by PrimeLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
So, I'm asking for those that are unshakable in their beliefs to please give us some details on just what experiences made them a believer.

Okay. I'll bite.

I do believe in God. But not the God that is taught by the main stream religions. I used to believe in that God. But now I see Him as something else. I'm not exactly sure what He is .... but He's there. I believe this through experiences and a few things that can't really be scientifically labeled ..... but because you want to know why, I'll share ...

The Afterlife - I believe that life continues after the death of the body because I have had many, many experiences with ghosts and spirits. Things moving by themselves. Ghosts caught on film. A voice every so often heard by the ear. EVPs on recordings. And these were experienced not just by myself but others at the same time so it isn't mental illness but were actually really happening.

And I've experienced demons a handful of times. This isn't something that can be pointed at scientifically. When one is near you, you know it. I can't explain it except that you actually feel your soul and it turns to ice and you are too frightened to be able to move. It's shocking. And you can feel absolute hate directed at you as if you were the only person in the world and all the hate was about to destroy you. And this has happened to others at the same time so it's not a mental health issue.

I've experienced Mary (the mother of Jesus). June 5, 2010 at 4:30 pm in my kitchen. It was my birthday. I was very sick ... in the middle of a major autoimmune flair and not knowing what was going on because I hadn't been DX'd yet. I was feeling sorry for myself because I was so sick and no one knew what was wrong and because it was my birthday and not a single person had said 'happy birthday' to me. WIthin a few seconds, I heard Mary. She said 'happy birthday'. I didn't hear her with my ears. I heard her in my soul. And it wasn't words. It was music but I instantly knew that the music said 'happy birthday' and I instantly recognized her voice even though I had never heard it before and haven't heard it since. I wasn't in prayer. I wasn't meditating. I wasn't thinking about God or religious thoughts. I was just feeling sorry for myself. So I have no doubt that the 'good dead' .. the "saints" ... can hear us, can hear our thoughts, can be active with us on earth.

I heard Gods voice once. Just once. I was driving down the road. A friend of mine was a nun and she was miserable and I was thinking that maybe I should suggest to her that she leave the convent and try somewhere else. I heard Gods voice ... He said "NO". Just that. It wasn't a human voice. I didn't hear it with my ears. I heard it in my soul. It was THUNDER and it rolled from one end of the sky to the other. It was big. It was huge. It was loud. And it was male and powerful THUNDER .. and even though it wasn't a word, I understood it and I instantly recognized God's voice, even though I had never heard it before that (and haven't heard it since). I swear to you ... I ducked down in my drivers seat because of the power of that voice. I wasn't expecting it. It just happened. And I didn't say anything to my friend who was a nun. She eventually changed convents and is much happier. But it didn't come from me.

I had an infilling of the Holy Spirit. It happened in Medjugorje. I was quitely praying by St. James church. It was the time of the apparition of Mary. I wasn't expecting the Holy Spirit. It just happened. From toe to head ... I felt alive. Every cell in my body bloomed ... I dont know how else to describe it. And I was in two places at once. My body was still by the church and I could feel it ... and I could also feel myself way way up higher somewhere. I was in both places and experiencing both places equally at the same time.

I have had lots of other little miracles having to do with my health. Instantly answered. But I think those that i mentioned are the main ones that talk to what your question was. Now if only God would send the big miracle and cure me of my autoimmune disease! That would be awesome!! But for some reason, He doesn't want to. I know He's there. I know He knows I have it. I know He has heard me ask for a miracle. But ..... no cure.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I compiled a list of my personal experiences in thread if you're interested.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join