It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TomTom disclaimer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I just purchased a TomTom GoLive GPS and was reading the disclaimer. It says "Live services available in country of purchase only. Includes one year of non-transferable subscription services; available for subscription period or until TomTom no longer receives data"
I will scan it in a few minutes and post it here. "Un til TomTom no longer receives data" what is that all about?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

hi op

do not panic
its a simple update of maps etc

although there may be something far more sinister at work here lol

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

you my friend need a break from this site

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Do not panic - yes, and yes.

You still have to use your head, as a TomTom will tend to run you out into the boonies because it's a shorter route. Take my advice as a fellow TomTom owner, and second-guess it all the time, and keep a map handy. My wife and I renamed ours "LostLost." They're best used as a reference speedometer.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice
I just purchased a TomTom GoLive GPS and was reading the disclaimer. It says "Live services available in country of purchase only. Includes one year of non-transferable subscription services; available for subscription period or until TomTom no longer receives data"
I will scan it in a few minutes and post it here. "Un til TomTom no longer receives data" what is that all about?

Think about it LIVE SERVICES are updated live traffic reports if this service is stopped by the people tom tom get their info from, then the are no longer recieving data.

Why do many people on here ALWAYS look for a sinister motive first

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Well, there's also the basic fact that the GPS service is reliant upon signals sent by satellites owned and managed by the US military. It sounds like legal CYA boilerplate to prevent folks from suing them if the satellites fail or are turned off by the military.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Sometimes there are black spots in that there is no signalnat all. I was i southern ireland last year and there was one that lasted about one mile on a particular i used to use daily, also i found a few here in uk as well. Maybe that is what is meant by it. You do know if you have a tomtom app on an iphone, you can load it on another as well plus ipad that belongs to you without any further charge? So you can have multiple copies of the app at the same time doing this. There are also navigational apps that store maps on them so if no signal then they still work.
edit on 24-8-2012 by scotsdavy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
It's all George Bush's fault.

Blame Bush!

LOL

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice

I bought a TomTom. It broke two weeks later (crashed). I was able to get Walmart to exchange it. But when it broke again (another brand new one) 1 week later, I was left kind of stranded in Austin, not knowing how to get out of town. So i said screw it, found an electronics store, and bought a Garmin. Worked perfectly ever since.

I hate TomTom. With a passion. I have that brick sitting right behind my computer as we speak, as a totem of my deep, seething hatred.

top topics

join