It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post Your Own Music.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
There was a thread for people to post music that they liked and so I thought it would be a good idea to start one where people could post music they created themselves. I'm not talking about mixes where you take various songs made by someone else and change, re-arrange, or mash up together. I'm talking about original pieces of work that you created yourself. While I've already posted one of my own in another thread, I feel it's only fair to start things off by re-posting it here.

-

Just a note: I created the video myself as well so the entire thing is all original work.
edit on 24-8-2012 by Myth024 because: fixed video link

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
oh man, I have like zero talent in music, one thing I wish I could master, I feel like I can do most things to my fullest ability but for some reason I can't do music, maybe I've not had the right teacher? I got rhythm when it comes to dancing but not any skill on instruments... maybe drumming but nothing substantial.

Song was kinda trippy. I wouldnt even know where to begin to make a song.
I do like the dNb feel
SF
edit on 24-8-2012 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Seriously?

I can do a quick search of the PodCast Forum and find a few of mine.

Here's one where Agent_T did the music:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Here's mine,

UK hip hop music, we are working on an album at the moment...
We were just sick of how the industry was going so instead of sitting around complaining we decided to have a go at making it just a little bit better!
I hope you like it, this is Sofistikurtis - Fade Away

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Or click the links in my sig.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I'm sure many of you have heard this along the way......brings back memories of how I came to join ATS....

...sometimes even a hoax can be inspiring!

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Kind of different and *out there* for ATS - we wrote this back in '04 --- me on guitar.
I was just listening to this today (haven't heard this in a few years), but I still dig it.

Band: Butcher
Song: Black Dahlia

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
...one more....ATS-folks will love this:

misterdrone.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
oh man, I have like zero talent in music, one thing I wish I could master, I feel like I can do most things to my fullest ability but for some reason I can't do music, maybe I've not had the right teacher? I got rhythm when it comes to dancing but not any skill on instruments... maybe drumming but nothing substantial.

Song was kinda trippy. I wouldnt even know where to begin to make a song.
I do like the dNb feel
SF
edit on 24-8-2012 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

Get a Mac that has Garageband on it.
2nd

Mike

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

Although I do know how to play the piano, I can't actually read music lol. I used Sony Acid Pro to basically "program" the music. I used the piano roll to click and add the notes where I wanted them for this piece. I have another I'm putting together that I played with my keyboard and then went back and made adjustments in the areas I didn't like. So it's possible to create music without actually knowing how to play an instrument.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by StrangeWayz

Although I'm not a fan of most Rap, I did enjoy this. I thought the music over-rode the vocal a little bit so sometimes it was hard to make out the lyrics on my system. When I have vocals on my own music I've noted how sometimes they sound perfect when I listen to them through headphones but when I use a normal set of speakers the sound quality changes and I usually have to make adjustments.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Well the first band I was in was called ZebrawatcherS. That's all done since we played our final show as the Z officially. We recorded it for historical reasons lol. Link to band camp----------->federalpalsy.bandcamp.com...
Here is a music video we recorded and put together ourselves!
www.youtube.com...

The band after that was Left Ear and the Wife Beaters which was me and the drummer from the Z plus a new friend we met that dug our music. Here is our facebook----->www.facebook.com...
We have an ep you can listen to on there. More videos on that Zebrawatcher youtube channel. These were all made as a group effort. Everyone kinda just handled there own instrument and kicked ass at it.

Good lord I don't mean to bombard you sirs/madams with links.
Finally now here is my own Soundcloud. Everything on there is recorded by my phone playing whatever I can get my hands on. /1st post

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Let me say this now! This is NOT mine!
But it is another ATS user's by the name of "Sampire". It's a truly amazing song and video. Sampson is amazing and I just thought I'd take this time to be sure to spread his vid around a bit more. Again, this is not mine.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Here are 2 videos of my band, No Cops Collective. Hope you enjoy them!

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Every once in a while when Im bored I will play around on garageband but when I upload them the sound quality never seems to be as good probably because I have no idea what Im doing
. Here are some mood tones I did each took a couple hours. I also made a bunch using the loops that are better lol, but those don't count at least these I actually made up and didn't piece together

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by g0dhims3lf

I don't use garageband but I suspect that when you export the finished product it exports it as a file format that uses compression that can reduce the quality. Check the settings to see what you are exporting the file at as in the kbps etc. I believe that 44,000 is about CD quality. Also, when you upload a file to youtube the file is also compressed so that's why I usually export at 1080p if I can.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Ok, here is the only other one that I feel is OK to release lol.. There have been so many replies already and everything seems so much better that what I have hehe. So I'll be going back to the keyboard and seeing if I can up my game.. Meanwhile, here is a short piece.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
modern classical hiphop beat
soundcloud.com...

'ancient' styled oriental hip hop beat
soundcloud.com...

instrumental beat
soundcloud.com...

instrumental beat
soundcloud.com...

video game music/electronic instrumental beat
soundcloud.com...

jazzyblues piano instrumental beat
soundcloud.com...

classical piece work in progress
soundcloud.com...
classical piece work in progress
soundcloud.com...

trance style instrumental loop
soundcloud.com...

JUST FOR ATS.

edit on 24-8-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Nice idea for a thread...I appreciate you starting it.

I wrote this song Grad Week at West Point. After 4 long years in that long gray line, I was overwhelmed with a sense of nostalgia as I was about to depart. This is the story of that...it's called The West Point Song.

~Lee

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
One of my works, hope you like it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join