It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

19 people shot in overnight shootings across Chicago

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

19 people shot in overnight shootings across Chicago

www. chicagotribune.com

Nineteen people were shot across the South and West sides from Thursday evening through early Friday morning -- 13 of them wounded over a 30-minute period, authorities say.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
chicagoist.com

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
That's ridiculous. The recent shootings are going to force Obamas gun ban bill down the throats of congress. Every time their's a shooting more and more people want to ban guns. I'm just afraid that's what the government wants. With the Aurora, Empire state building, and trayvon Martin shooting they don't have much of a choice. The government is getting put ( or putting themselves) in a corner were they don't have much choice.

www. chicagotribune.com
edit on 24-8-2012 by LordD because: reword

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordD

That's ridiculous. The recent shootings are going to force Obamas gun ban bill down the throats of congress. Every time their's a shooting more and more people want to ban guns. I'm just afraid that's what the government wants. With the Aurora, Empire state building, and trayvon Martin shooting they don't have much of a choice. The government is getting put ( or putting themselves) in a corner were they don't have much choice.

www. chicagotribune.com
edit on 24-8-2012 by LordD because: reword

Because the gun control laws in New York and Chicago are working so well, it would make perfect sense to extend them to other places! Unfortunately I see them trying to push the agenda in the future as well..
edit on 24-8-2012 by scorpiosin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Must be those damn rednecks again. They always shoot people for crack money in the streets, while strollers stroll and the elderly shuffle

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by LordD

My guess is that the government will eventually realize that gun control will make no difference. One of the things citizens pay them to do is protection. Gun control is not working, what are the "protectors" going to do now?

Maybe we just need a deep thinker... Someone that can really fly outside of that proverbial box.
edit on 24-8-2012 by Symbiot because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Violent street gangs should be outlawed. They're as bad as organized crime. The police and homicide units can't keep up with all the shootings.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by LordD

I dont know all the facts, but dont you think its strange Chicago goes nuts and then NY today?? Telepathic Link..or The Hive driving people nuts or what??

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

It's a slippery slop. What consititutes a "gang"? In many counties across America (mostly urban) groups of 5 or more males aren't allowed to be together past dark or your considered a "gang".

Let's just raise our children right... Not pass new laws.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Symbiot
reply to post by LordD

My guess is that the government will eventually realize that gun control will make no difference. One of the things citizens pay them to do is protection. Gun control is not working, what are the "protectors" going to do now?

Maybe we just need a deep thinker... Someone that can really fly outside of that proverbial box.

Some serious raiding of houses to remove every gun from the premises. Could be a stretch... but, who knows how far this government will take it

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by LordD

They lack the man-power and more importantly that would cause an immediate rebellion among the nations populace, in my opinion. Moreover that's not really any different, only more of the same to the extreme.

I think the people are out of ideas. I think the government is out of ideas.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I'll keep my gun to defend myself from the crazies like this who will have guns no matter what the laws are.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Apollo7
reply to post by LordD

I dont know all the facts, but dont you think its strange Chicago goes nuts and then NY today?? Telepathic Link..or The Hive driving people nuts or what??

I don't think its strange at all. The people in charge of this government are thinking way ahead and has had many years to re-think and perfect whatever they choose to do. I convinced that their's no coincidence. It's just a brilliant scheme. One step closer to a World government.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by LordD

I think the people in the US government and governments around the world are not any smarter than their citizens. While I'm quite sure they'd like people to think they know what they're doing, they don't. We're all just flying by the seat of our pants. The human race did not come with an instruction manual.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Arm the civilians.

You don't see this kind of crap happening in Texas, not to this extent. Gang bangers even think twice before pulling a gun here. Chances are the person they try to assault is more heavily armed. ..and that's a fact Jack.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

reply to post by LordD

They lack the man-power and more importantly that would cause an immediate rebellion among the nations populace, in my opinion. Moreover that's not really any different, only more of the same to the extreme.

I think the people are out of ideas. I think the government is out of ideas.

I personally don't think the government revealed their true intentions yet. Also you can't run out of ideas if theirs still pieces to move and our government don't has more pawns then expected.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
That's priceless...way to go Chicago...

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by LordD

Sure sure, I'd like to see what this government can come up with. If they're so smart then why are anti-depressants such a big seller? If they're so smart then why do they lack the ability to unify the country?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

reply to post by LordD

I think the people in the US government and governments around the world are not any smarter than their citizens. While I'm quite sure they'd like people to think they know what they're doing, they don't. We're all just flying by the seat of our pants. The human race did not come with an instruction manual.

I think their so much smarter that they have to give us hints for them to enjoy themselves. or maybe they just make mistakes. Anyways a group of the worlds best problem solvers, public speakers, strategist, scientist, e.t.c that aren't affiliated to any government should join and solve this problem.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by LordD

I think the worlds best problem solvers are human beings. I think we are all human beings. I think that many citizens demand inhuman perfection from their employees and I think it weighs on their employees. I think their employees need not bear the weight of the world, need not try to be something they are not. They are left with lies, the public demands what the public cannot have so the government gives it to them, but in word only. They cannot meet the demands of their employers, their employers make impossible demands.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

reply to post by LordD

Sure sure, I'd like to see what this government can come up with. If they're so smart then why are anti-depressants such a big seller? If they're so smart then why do they lack the ability to unify the country?

You're thinking to local. Its not about the country anymore it's about world control. Anyone with reasoning skills knows that this world can never hope for peace until their is a one world government. Increased selling of anti-depressants would be in their favor wouldn't it

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join