It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tampa authorities bonded out real criminals in anticipation of mass arrests at GOP Convention

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
There has been a lot of chatter about what to expect at this years RNC. Well, it seems that the authorities are preparing for such a scenario.

Thousands of Republicans from around the country will descend upon Tampa, Florida next week for the Republican National Convention, and if recent history is any guide, so too will hundreds of protesters.

To prepare, Hillsborough County Sheriff David Gee has ordered the Orient Road Jail, a 1,700 bed prison in Tampa, emptied, relocating some inmates to another nearby prison and releasing others on bond. The entire facility has been transformed into a one-stop booking, detention, and bond-issuance center capable of handling large numbers of arrests, which begs the question: will Tampa police keep demonstrators on a short leash?

Wow. They really expect this thing to get ugly.

I suspect the GOP Establishment is putting the preemptive quash on all rivals of the Romney campaign. They control the purse strings and have the ability to make this happen.

What say you, ATS?

Art icle Source
edit on 8/24/2012 by freakjive because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

If they don't have qualms about releasing these prisoners on bond then why are they there in the first place?

Seems the detention industry is readying itself for an income event.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

Seems the detention industry is readying itself for an income event.

You're not the only one who sees it this way either...

Notice how they bonded out “criminals” to make way for protestors? Let me guess who butters this Sherrif’s bread. Private prison industries have profited in the killing and incarceration of my people. Just ask the corrupt Sheriff Joe Arpaio who has made fun of the mysterious Mexican deaths in his prison. Latino Veteran Marty Atencio was killed in Arpaio’s prison and we can no longer turn a blind eye to the mysterious deaths in the prison system and how the prison systems like CCA has profited from the incarceration of my people with the help of government funding.

Source

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Wow, just wow.... releasing incarcerated criminals to prepare for NDAA suspects.

So much for the freedom the founding fathers of the USA fought so hard for... They are rolling over and over and over in their graves....

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
They probably bonded out the nonviolent/drug offenders. They do that from time to time here when there is overcrowding...not nothing new. Just instead of overcrowding they are doing it in anticipation of people going wild which is easy to do here, we have tons of bars (a whole city is dedicated to them) and strip clubs on top of all the political mess going on.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by chaakin

You nailed it my friend! The Brandon Raub thing is opening up a new can of worms for our government as we speak! Word is coming out that in that county of VA alone, 20 people have been taken away the same as Brandon was just this month alone......I am searching for the outcome and will post it as it comes to light....

It seems to me that our government has taken it upon themselves to frisk away into the night anyone who exercises their 1st amendment rights to complain about the government! Everyone who said the NDAA was nothing to worry about shall soon be eating their words imo......

I can promise you this is not just going to be isolated to the Republican convention either!
edit on 24-8-2012 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Inside your link is a letter from the sheriff to the "public":

Letter from the sheriff

To the agitators and anarchists who want only to bring a dark cloud to this event, let me be clear: criminal activity and civil disturbances will not be tolerated and enforcement actions will be swift.
---
There will be arrests. The question is how many. We are prepared to handle any number of RNC-related arrests through our Orient Road Jail. We are committed to due process and the rule of law regarding RNC-related arrests. We have procedures and policies in place to ensure an orderly and lawful process for anyone arrested.

Due process, yah, right. At the end of a 4 foot baton. Protesters are "anarchists" and "agitators". Geez what a threatening posture in the land of the free.

edit on 24-8-2012 by intrptr because: spelling

top topics

join