Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

SMH - Ron Paul supporters equated to Nazis and drug dealers (Ridiculous)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

I saw this when I watched the episode and discussed it with a friend that's also a fan of the show and Ron Paul. We were both disgusted and agreed it was a pretty obvious ploy to link Ron Paul supporters with drug dealers and people who prey on society. I'm sure someone was paid to sneak it in as the show generally isn't the type to be against a libertarian agenda. In fact the show really points out the failure in the drug war and the fact that due to the illegality of various substances there's good money and lots of allure to the point that anyone can find themselves engaged in heinous criminal activity. I mean a quiet unassuming schoolteacher becomes a meth kingpin, if that doesn't show the failure in illegality of substances I don't know what will. I'm pretty sure that the story has actually happened in some form somewhere and if consenting adults were allowed to ruin themselves on the substances (toleration if not legal) the money wouldn't be there to tempt someone like the teacher Mr. White and he likely would have done something different. Hard to say though if such a man would have just robbed a bank or found a legitimate high paying job for a nobel prize winning chemist. (in the story he did allot of the research that "grey matter" got a nobel prize for.)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Did you see the Willie Nelson label too? Or maybe the three Mandarin symbols, know what that means (I don't)? Or catch his name, Heizenberg? High-zen-berg? High zen city? Obviously this is Buddhist-flavored neural linguistic programming.

That is called product placement. There is no such thing as bad press. Also, it can be considered slander to put these brand names into movie productions without express consent, so much so that they have people who ask permission from names to do this, months in advance, and censor product labels in productions until the companies pay them to feature the name, or risk a lawsuit. The name made it past the cutting room floor. This is pure propaganda.

The target audience is going to be Asian Americans in college. Not nazis, geez.
edit on 26-8-2012 by Sandalphon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by pluginkid

"Vince Gilligan (born February 10, 1967) is an American writer, director and producer. He is the creator of the highly acclaimed television series Breaking Bad. Gilligan has also worked on the hit series The X-Files and The Lone Gunmen."

Here is a quote from the "lone gunman" Wikipedia article.

The pilot episode depicted a plane being flown into the New York World Trade Center; it originally aired six months before 9/11. Foreshadowing a number of conspiracy theories which would arise in the wake of the September 11, 2001 attacks, the plot of the March 4, 2001 episode depicts a secret faction within the US government plotting to hijack a Boeing 727 and fly it into the World Trade Center by remote control. The stated motive was to increase the military defense budget by blaming the attack on foreign interests. In the episode, the plot is foiled by the protagonists, who board the doomed plane and deactivate the malicious autopilot system just seconds before the plane would have reached the World Trade Center.

So, according to this, he was "in the know" about the events of 9/11, before they happened, since I am doubting its a simple coincidence that he links in "all seeing eye" symbolism in his shows, and did a pilot episode about 9/11's exact events (and repercussions), 6 months prior.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join