Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

SMH - Ron Paul supporters equated to Nazis and drug dealers (Ridiculous)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
+10 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I was just made aware of an episode of Breaking Bad where they have inserted a Ron Paul logo into a scene where they are discussing a Nazi drug dealer. This makes me furious.

Why do people need to go to such links to try to discredit this man and his movement?

Disgusting subliminal programming in an episode of Breaking Bad: as the protagonist leafs through a notebook for a crystal meth lab, a Ron Paul 2008 sticker is shown for one fifth of a second. The last thing said by the DEA agent before the sticker is shown is "one of Hitler's guys."

Watch the short video and see for yourself...

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Thanks for bringing this to our attention, my friend. Starred. Flagged.
Some things you just expect from the media. And while this isn't a "new low", it certainly is worth noting. That was absolutely disgusting to see.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

Lol I don't even take offense to it anymore. If you aren't being called a "racist", nazi or any other nonsense in America your message isn't honest anyways. They can't handle the truth!

There is nothing nazi-ish about a free market economy. Right now our government owns controlling stock of the car companies, insurance companies, student loans, obamacare is aimed at health insurance companies... List goes on.

That's the DEFINITION of a fascist economy... But Ron Paul is the nazi? Smile we are doing something right, their scared.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
If you haven't watched the POM The best documentary ever sold - it will help put that into perspective.

I think it's on youtube - free- too. It was eye opening for my son and myself.

Someone probably paid for that to happen. There's ad agencies that specialize in setting that very sort of thing up, and doing neuro research to back up that it is effective. That didn't JUST happen.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
One of my favorite shows and even tho I might have missed the blatant attempt at subliminal messaging, I'd still vote for him if I was American.

So the attempt to discredit RP didn't work...at least on me.

Peace

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
To be honest I don't see it the same way. The character in the show to whom the notebook belonged was Gale Boetticher, a self proclaimed libertarian. He didn't believe in the Government war on drugs and in his own words justified what he did by saying, "Consenting adults want what they want, and they're going to get it either way. At least with me they're getting exactly what they pay for, with no added toxins". He wasn't crazy but rather he was a highly intelligent individual who believed in personal liberty.

The Nazi mention was in reference to Heisenberg, the drug lord alias of the main character Walter White. The individual speaking is Walt's brother in-law Hank, a DEA agent who believes the notebook may identify Gale as Heisenberg. I see this as attention to detail appropriate to the character and not something nefarious. But to each their own.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
While this did strike me as odd, and clearly placed on purpose, I didn't see the "Nazi/Meth" connection when I witnessed this a couple months back. However, I did find the placement of the "all seeing eye", as the necklace on the Mexican cartel leader, quite strange indeed.

SPOILER:

If anyone knows the episode I am talking about, its when Gus poisons all the cartel members, and he grabs the necklace off the leader before he dies. If you look at the necklace closely, its the "all seeing eye". Which struck me as odd, given the context.

Just remembered another part, where the handicapped son (Walters son), has a T-shirt with the pyramid on it, with an "all seeing eye" also. Certainly seems to be quite a recurring theme in all main stream shows.
edit on 24-8-2012 by 007Polytoks because: remembered another addition

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
The issue here for me is not this the political overtones but the issue of manipulation. Thing is, these methods of propaganda have been understood to be effective now for about a century and the advertising industry has been developing and refining them for decades. There are people who know this to be true and use it on the rest of us and people who know it it be true and Try not to be effected. Then ther are those people who claim it is not true or say, " not me, that stuff dosen't sway me". This latter group is the group upon whom advertising relies.

We are not the cut and dried individuals we would wish ourselves to be. We are by and large, that is who we think ourselve to be, products of our surroundings, our environment. Advertising discovered ages ago that not only are we vulnerable to these forms of manipulation but that they could also have a hand in the creation of individual beings. AND that these beings would believe that these things, these ideas and thoughts were their very own.
In any case, this was a good catch op.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
You know, if people stop watching shows when they get caught like this, the D-Bags won't have jobs. I wil never watch this show, now that I saw the blatent defacing of Ron Paul.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
The better question is:

Why do all Paulies think that there is a conspiracy to keep RP out of office?

The simple fact is that Ron Paul could NEVER be elected to the Presidency. Plain and Simple.

If Paulies were less hysterical, I think that Ron Paul could be much more liked. Its the Paulies that make him unlikable.

...and here come the flames...

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
1. this was already posted numerous times

2. gale is a typical Ron Paul supporter. He even looks like one.

3. How many times have Paul supporters told me, that if we only legalized marijuana and other drugs the economy would come bouncing back?

Well, fit two and two together. Ron Paul supporters are drug dealers! They want the economy to be run on the drug industrial complex. Although you can say some of it already is!

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
How INCREDIBLY INCREDIBLY IGNORANT you are!

PLEASE, in the future, when you don't know ANYTHING about what your talking about, shut it.

There was ZERO connection made between Ron Paul and Nazis.

I'll inform you here, since you obviously don't know anything that your talking about.

The show's main character, Walter White is a Chemistry Teacher that began cooking meth to pay for his cancer treatment, and provide for his family after he died (from cancer)

His "alter-ego" is "heisenberg" which he got from the heisenberg uncertainty principle. That is the ONLY Nazi connection here.

He was working at a super-lab for a meth kingpin Gustavo Fring, who had recruited another chemist named Gale to cook his meth originally. After gale tester Walter's meth, it was of such high purity that Gale wanted Gus to recruit Walter.

So Walter and Gale work in the lab together, Walter figures out that Gustavo is going to kill Walter, and wants Gale to copy Walter's formula. In order to save his own life, Walter has his partner (Jessie Pinkman) kill Gale so that Gus has no other choice but to keep Walter as his cook.

After Jessie kills Gale, obviously there is an investigation into the murder. When searching Gale's house, the police find a notebook that has various formulas, and a layout for the superlab that Gale and Walk were cooking in.

The police bring the notebook to a DEA agent Hank, who is Walter's brother-in-law. He had been hunting Heisenberg for awhile, never knowing it was his own brother-in-law he was looking for.

As they are flipping through the notebook, Gale has a Ron Paul sticker in there.

That's it. There is nothing to this ridiculous thread. Gale was presented as probably one of THE most "good" and sympathetic characters in the entire show. He stated how he was a libertarian. If anything they are saying Paul supporters are GOOD people because like I said Gale was one of the most "good" and "innocent" characters of the show.

So there no intention to connect Nazis to Ron Paul. The guy with the Ron Paul sticker was NOT even the guy they were talking about when referencing Nazis.

In other words, to put it simply (since anyone that believes this BS would probably need it spelled out simply) anyone who actually watches this show, and knows the plot and the characters, would NOT related Ron Paul to Nazis. They would relate Ron Paul to an intelligent, kind, innocent individual (Gale) Your saying that's a bad thing?

So please, get your chit in order before you go around making stupid claims about that which you do not know.
edit on 24-8-2012 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
If you even took the time to do a bit of research regarding Breaking Bad you wouldn't be making these baseless conspiracies up. The notebook belonged to a meth cook named Gale, in which he believed in the idea of consenting adults can do what they want with their body. It's more of the idea of the government not dictating what and what we can't do to our own bodies.

But no, youre all right. Without any prior knowledge to the show whatsoever, you claim that this is an outright blatant attempt to deface Ron Paul. Lol.

And FYI, that scene was on for a fraction of a second and I hardly doubt anyone noticed it. But whelp, that's the idea! The big bad scary Illuminati was sending a secret decided message.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by James1982
How INCREDIBLY INCREDIBLY IGNORANT you are!

PLEASE, in the future, when you don't know ANYTHING about what your talking about, shut it.

There was ZERO connection made between Ron Paul and Nazis.

I'll inform you here, since you obviously don't know anything that your talking about.

The show's main character, Walter White is a Chemistry Teacher that began cooking meth to pay for his cancer treatment, and provide for his family after he died (from cancer)

His "alter-ego" is "heisenberg" which he got from the heisenberg uncertainty principle. That is the ONLY Nazi connection here.

He was working at a super-lab for a meth kingpin Gustavo Fring, who had recruited another chemist named Gale to cook his meth originally. After gale tester Walter's meth, it was of such high purity that Gale wanted Gus to recruit Walter.

So Walter and Gale work in the lab together, Walter figures out that Gustavo is going to kill Walter, and wants Gale to copy Walter's formula. In order to save his own life, Walter has his partner (Jessie Pinkman) kill Gale so that Gus has no other choice but to keep Walter as his cook.

After Jessie kills Gale, obviously there is an investigation into the murder. When searching Gale's house, the police find a notebook that has various formulas, and a layout for the superlab that Gale and Walk were cooking in.

The police bring the notebook to a DEA agent Hank, who is Walter's brother-in-law. He had been hunting Heisenberg for awhile, never knowing it was his own brother-in-law he was looking for.

As they are flipping through the notebook, Gale has a Ron Paul sticker in there.

That's it. There is nothing to this ridiculous thread. Gale was presented as probably one of THE most "good" and sympathetic characters in the entire show. He stated how he was a libertarian. If anything they are saying Paul supporters are GOOD people because like I said Gale was one of the most "good" and "innocent" characters of the show.

So there no intention to connect Nazis to Ron Paul. The guy with the Ron Paul sticker was NOT even the guy they were talking about when referencing Nazis.

In other words, to put it simply (since anyone that believes this BS would probably need it spelled out simply) anyone who actually watches this show, and knows the plot and the characters, would NOT related Ron Paul to Nazis. They would relate Ron Paul to an intelligent, kind, innocent individual (Gale) Your saying that's a bad thing?

So please, get your chit in order before you go around making stupid claims about that which you do not know.
edit on 24-8-2012 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

Thank you! I was going to clarify further but I didn't feel like typing all of it out.

People need to see your comment because there's no conspiracy against anything here. Breaking Bad is an incredible show and the actors are top-notch, it's just entertainment people.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Thanks OP... I knew there was a reason I've watched very little television outside of occasional news and a few interesting reality shows in several years. Even the entertainment shows carry political messaging these days and one can't even find kids cartoons that don't have something slipped in.

This does set new lows though. I mean for the love of all that's Holy, the man isn't even actively challenging the candidacy anymore (outside this last long shot at Tampa, I know). When will they give it a rest?? Are they going to me ridiculing him and making fun at his expense into his retirement years too?? The man never seems to get even the slightest break. How low class of them.

S/F for catching it!

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

LOL what does a Ron Paul supporter look like?

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

ok breaking bad=Hollywood and Hollywood= a lot of Jews then take Ron Paul's stance on Israel not helping them financially and letting them handle the crap they stir up in the middle east by them self's and your wondering why they would paint him as a nazi lol. Its blatant manipulation from the media except they are losing so they are now doing it subliminally.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
You people are taking this way too serious

It's a TV show. And most people probably didn't even catch it except for Ron Paul supporters.
Next post....................

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by pluginkid

A simple understanding of subliminal programing, will show you just how naive that stance really is. Its quite easy to shape some one's worldview, without them knowing it, and subliminal messaging/programing is key to this.

There was a law that was passed in the 70's which banned T.V. advertisements from including subliminal messages into their ads, however, that sure didn't stop them. In some KFC commercials there is little dollar bills in the lettuce, and there is plenty of other examples of strange subliminal's included in popular media.

While I personally do not believe that this scene was making a connection to Ron Paul supporters as drug dealers, and Nazi's, its quite possible that it was given the context of this T.V. show. There is "one eye" symbolism all through this show, and its put there on purpose. The "all seeing eye" image, is part of a very large system of subliminal programing that has been fluent through popular media, and while its quite obvious to those who know its meaning, most people probably don't take a second look at these clear depictions of this well known occult symbol. Unfortunately, that is exactly what they want, ignorance, and naivety.
edit on 25-8-2012 by 007Polytoks because: format

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by 007Polytoks

Hey listen don't get me wrong, I KNOW there is and has been subliminal messages thrown into film,television,commercials, flyers,etc. I don't doubt that for one minute. My point that I was trying to make is I don't think that's what is going on here in this particular situation. Especially if you follow the series.
I guess if you really wanted to get down to it, look into who owns the network,producer of the show,etc. Maybe you just might dig something up. Honestly in today's age nothing would surprise me. However my personal belief is there's nothing really to this one. But then again maybe I'm wrong.
Jfyi I support RP. I also know how the media has blacked him out almost entirely. When they do bring him up they do it in a condescending, jokingly kind of way.

The one's at the top definitely don't like RP and I believe they see him as a threat. Mainly because of his stance on the Federal Reserve. The banking cartels that control the FR will go to any length to keep control.
(assassinations,subliminal messages,no coverage in the media,etc)
Can you imagine if the majority of Americans really knew how the Federal Reserve operated(or even how it was attained or that the government doesn't control it!!)? They would probably react the same way I did when I first discovered those facts."Really?" "Holy S&$t!!" "How can that be??" "How come more people don't know this??"
If RP become our president, these facts WOULD get out the majority of people. Tptb will never let that happen unfortunately
It's very simple logic really. If you had unlimited control to the money system, print money out of thin air and could control the economy, would you give that up?? Exactly.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join