It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live NASA, Discussing The Solar Storms

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Hey, I'm currently watching NASA TV a lady just briefly covered The Radiation belts, RBSP, and the geomagnetic grids,

A guy right now is just about to go into more detail, Its centered around what we've all been discussing, I think!

Enjoy.. LINK

ETA: Talk of the solar cycle and its effects, hear it from the horses mouth.
edit on 24-8-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

The Van Allen radiation belt is a torus of energetic charged particles (plasma) around Earth, which is held in place by Earth's magnetic field. It is thought that most of the particles that form the belts come from solar wind, and other particles by cosmic rays.[1] It is named after its discoverer, James Van Allen, and is located in the inner region of the Earth's magnetosphere. It is split into two distinct belts, with energetic electrons forming the outer belt and a combination of protons and electrons forming the inner belts. In addition, the radiation belts contain lesser amounts of other nuclei, such as alpha particles. The belts pose a hazard to satellites, which must protect their sensitive components with adequate shielding if their orbit spends significant time in the radiation belts.

Interesting to see they are discussing what some have called the FENCE of EA*RTH.
WHat if there is a highly charged intersection where the belts meet?
edit on 8/24/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Oh Im so excited!

NASA will tell the public what they know about the solar storms, and it will be accepted as facts by all of us, making it all simple and easy to follow and understand! Which is great, so I can go back to watching my favorite TV show and eating pizza afterwards, knowing there are people out there that are much smarter than I am, and they will tell me the truth.

Its so awesome!

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrimitiveWorld

Oh Im so excited!

NASA will tell the public what they know about the solar storms, and it will be accepted as facts by all of us, making it all simple and easy to follow and understand! Which is great, so I can go back to watching my favorite TV show and eating pizza afterwards, knowing there are people out there that are much smarter than I am, and they will tell me the truth.

Its so awesome!

yeah go NASA, we love you

NOT!

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Ohh they just covered "Whats in the middle" Its plasma, and usually keeps the charged particles out, but occasionally they can pass through the plasma to enter the next belt, depending on the space weather

edit on 24-8-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Thanks OP. I find it amazing how little we (the common folk) know about the sun. It is probably my favorite thing in this life.

S&F
edit on 24-8-2012 by underduck because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

this guy knows about plasma Dr.Paul Laviolette
this is an interview about plasma and galactic wave, kinda what we are experiencing now

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

Cheers Reb.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by PrimitiveWorld

If that's how you choose to live your life. Some people choose to gather their own information, and devote themselves to studying the Sun with telescopes equipped with special filters, home made slit spectrographs to record Zeeman splitting on sunspots, tracking the different sort of radio interference solar flares cause on the shortwave radio bands and so forth. If this sounds more interesting to you, check out this website for more information:

alpo-astronomy.org...

If not, enjoy your pizza.
edit on 26-8-2012 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join