It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pastor who "kicked" Holy Spirit into woman banned from UK! Religious discrimination?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by halfoldman

We need to kick people in the face now? What happened to simply laying on of hands for impartation?

you sure do, get with the program

everything is getting demonized these days, theres a war on everything
edit on 25-8-2012 by jazzguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   

edit on 25-8-2012 by jazzguy because: double post

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   

maybe the UK is just less gullible than you?

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I fully support UK denying him entry.

All the better for it. Also all that voodoo stuff needs a check in. An African boy whose torso was found in the Thames was the victim of a voodoo-style ritual killing:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
We need to kick people in the face now? What happened to simply laying on of hands for impartation?

If the "pastor" would choke-slam an elderly member of the clergy into the pulpit I'm sure more ppl would attend Church in the UK.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Jesus never came to heal people, Jesus came to set people free from sin.
Jesus never had a healing ministry, He had a preach the gospel ministry.
The healing He gave was through compassion, mostly Jesus told those He healed to tell no one.
This was because healing is not fundamental to Christianity, it can become the message, it is not supposed to be the message.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Todd Bentley is a convicted sex offender against a young boy... Also, during his last "revival" he had affair behind his wife's back with interns..

Does that sound like a Holy Spirit filled Christian to you??

He his a scumbag and a conman who bought another spirit in the church imo...

Those who fall for the fairy dust just may put up with it...

Also to add... The Holy Spirit is one of love, power and SOUND MIND... Those that fall about, roll around, giggle etc.. Was that written about in the bible?? Is it scriptural?? No... Is it a good witness?? Or a distraction from the preaching of the Gospel??? During the Lakeland revival Bentley hardly ever mentioned the Gospel message once!

In my view that is the first sign of a false, lying prophet..

edit on 25-8-2012 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   

The USA has no-fly lists for people they merely suspect of being anti-federal government, and you think the UK is being harsh stopping a guy with a criminal history?

This is not about religion. It's stated that this is because of his criminal record. Numerous countries do this all the time.

Why is this any worse than the USA banning people based on their political opinions? If one of those on an American no-fly list happens to be Christian too, is it fair to say it's religious persecution?

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly
I'm a yank, but I know the UK has no Bill of Rights. Maybe one of our Brit posters can elaborate. Personally, I wish we could do this sort of think in the U.S. Oh, were it that easy for us to get rid of cranks.

I don't want America to get rid of its cranks. Why? Because for America to get rid of its cranks, they've got to go elsewhere. As it's logistically more sensible for them to go somewhere else in the Anglosphere, it would mean places like the UK and Aus. We'd rather not have them, thanks.

It might surprise many non-Americans here, but there is a high percentage of folks who believe such voodoo is not only possible, but normal. How's that for scary?

You're kidding right? Not about the Voodoo specifically but the possibility that non-Americans don't think Americans, generally, believe a right load of bollocks? A lot of us think you're all[/] lunatics!

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

The USA has no-fly lists for people they merely suspect of being anti-federal government, and you think the UK is being harsh stopping a guy with a criminal history?

This is not about religion. It's stated that this is because of his criminal record. Numerous countries do this all the time.

Why is this any worse than the USA banning people based on their political opinions? If one of those on an American no-fly list happens to be Christian too, is it fair to say it's religious persecution?

I agree. It's unlikely I'd be allowed into America with my criminal record (for much less than Mr. Jesus here) and given our one-sided visa/immigration/extradition treaties with the USA, it's good to see this nutjobs like this being turned away.

In terms of 'bull# takes on Chritianity' this Pastor is fairly low down on the list of priorities anyway. African charismatic churches accusing kids of witchcraft and then abusing/murdering them is the real problem. Yet, considering the lack of condemnation (or even interest) from other Christian denominations, you'd think it wasn't a problem at all. I made a few threads and posts on this a few years ago, and the lack of interest - on a site that then had a large (and vocal) Christian demographic - was bewildering. Or perhaps not.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna
I think this video sums it up nicely

I would go to this event just to keep standing after he hit me. I bet he would shout out BACK YOU DEMON!!!

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by OwenGP185

You should go not Benny Hinn but go to a pentecostal service, I have seen some extreme and weird things happen and I have witnessed non believers experience the power, it is an interesting experience,

But about the pastor kicking a women in the face, I wouldn't let that guy near me.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

You should go not Benny Hinn but go to a pentecostal service, I have seen some extreme and weird things happen and I have witnessed non believers experience the power, it is an interesting experience,

Problem is it only works on people conditioned to think it works, when someone totally out of the loop steps in then things are different.

*Just in case it is not obvious the Kai master would have been pushing around his students like they are made of dust, all because they have such conviction in there masters power lol.*
edit on 25-8-2012 by OwenGP185 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

No, I have seen it happen to people that had no clue.

You would be surprised.

It was years ago when i first witnessed the holy laughter stuff, I am happy for the experience, I like to see things for myself, as long as people are not harming anyone,

But there were also times when I was terrified, I never fully understood the feeling of terror that would come over me, I prefer peace.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

No, I have seen it happen to people that had no clue.

You would be surprised.

It was years ago when i first witnessed the holy laughter stuff, I am happy for the experience, I like to see things for myself, as long as people are not harming anyone,

But there were also times when I was terrified, I never fully understood the feeling of terror that would come over me, I prefer peace.

Well I will always respect people who care about peace, but these pastors are not peaceful in my opinion. Plus GOD himself does not seem to be peaceful considering the amount of people and animals he has supposedly killed. Anyway peace is good but I will always remain skeptical of those Pastors.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I love all these random videos

it just proves that this is all bullcrap

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
You should read the history of the pentecostal movement, it is really interesting,

www.revival-library.org...

But then you have to wonder what went on in the upper room,

www.biblegateway.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

I have seen the movement change, but I remember reading books about old time revivals, they could get pretty wild,

But this new movement with the hitting and kicking I never seen this before.

Little pentecostal churches I have attended, were wonderful people with the exuberance of joy, you just can't wipe the smile off your face when you are in their services.

edit on 103131p://bSaturday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I think of it this way, people laugh and dance and cheer at a football game or a rock concert, why shouldn't they be celebrating their faith?

I have attended so many different churches, it is pretty hard for me to sit at one where everyone looks bored once you have been to a pentecostal service where everyone is dancing for joy.

And David and all the house of Israel played before the Lord on all manner of instruments made of fir wood, even on harps, and on psalteries, and on timbrels, and on cornets, and on cymbals.

And David danced before the Lord with all his might;
edit on 103131p://bSaturday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join