It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Android In Space

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Another interesting tidbit i found.
Posted in sci&tech as i feel it fits here better.
*Mods please move accordingly.

NASA's PhoneSat project will demonstrate the ability to launch the lowest-cost and easiest to build satellites ever flown in space – capabilities enabled by using off-the-shelf consumer smartphones to build spacecraft. A small team of engineers working on NASA's PhoneSat at the agency's Ames Research Center at Moffett Field, Calif., aim to rapidly evolve satellite architecture and incorporate the Silicon Valley approach of "release early, release often" to small spacecraft.

Droids in space

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

That is actually pretty cool. It really goes to show how quickly consumer goods have improved that they are even trusted to be in space.

Reminds me of the story that, the US army was using PS3's to build supercomputers out in Iraq or Afghanistan.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Let's hope they don't use iPhone tech next thing you know the universe will be copywrite protected

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by iforget

Let's hope they don't use iPhone tech next thing you know the universe will be copywrite protected

Oh man I know you are joking but I can see it now.

Apple hold a press conference to announce that their iPhone 6space edition has spotted a new galaxy and is now claiming that anything that the iPhone has taken pictures of is now property of Apple.

They begin building iShips to take them to their new iPlanet in their new iGalaxy. Now Samsung is being sued for using the word galaxy to market their phones when clearly Apple saw it first.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Stop it im going to vomit!

< Insert IProduct FAIL Meme >

If i only knew how

new topics

top topics

join