It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Best meditation ever, and it is simple

page: 2
5
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Gnobody
 




There is so much one can learn about themselves through introspection and self observance.


Yes agreed there is, we all still learn no matter how highly we are evolved. Learning never stops.


Lets say that you want to meditate on the part of you that gets angry, to try and discover why you get angry, upset or annoyed.
After going through whatever process you prefer to completely relax, start to think of a time that you got angry. Try to remember the whole episode from the time you were calm to the time you either lashed out, hit someone, got aggressive or just lost it!

What happened? Why? Did your outburst have the desired outcome? What was your desired outcome?

There are hundreds of questions you could ask yourself regarding just this one incident.

Try to work backwards from the point of 'no return', the point where you 'lost it'.

What was the final straw? What was it that triggered that point in you that anger surfaced and you lost control? Why couldn't you control yourself? Was it because you were offened? Threatened? Your pride hurt?

Try to review the whole episode as an observer, don't get caught up in the emotions of the time and don't fall into the trap of feeling the emotions, try to be objective about it, try to 'step out' of yourself and observe the scene, hopefully you will identify the instant you lost control and maybe you will have learned something about yourself, maybe about your egos, personality, how your mind and emotions work.


I understand, my expertise is in human conflict. This is THE very, very interesting part. How people treat each other & avoid as much human conflict as much as possible in their daily lives helps one immensely, more then they can imagine. And it's very possible to achieve. I have a feeling you also understand this.

The point i was trying to make here in this topic "but you added the human conflict aspect which i was going to soon" is that we tend to mediate while we aren't aware of the human conflicts around us & as we meditate its all from the start again next day. Well most aren't aware yet. They deny them self's of their true potential.


Of course, all the above is easier said than done, but it takes time and practice, and total honesty with yourself. You may not like what you learn about yourself, you may find that you are full of pride (who isn't!) who is easily offened, or that you are intolerant, but this is how we come to know ourselves and begin a change.


Understands, been there & done that. You are wise soul

edit on 25-8-2012 by MegaSpace because: (no reason given)




posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by MegaSpace
Yes agreed there is, we all still learn no matter how highly we are evolved. Learning never stops.


VERY true!!


Originally posted by MegaSpace
How people treat each other & avoid as much human conflict as much as possible in their daily lives helps one immensely, more then they can imagine.


This is true also, it helps us in a way where we will be less stressed, less stressful to others and makes the world a better place!

However, if we are not tested, not challenged, then how we will grow?

People like to think that they would be better off being alone and left to meditate in solitude for years to reach personal and spiritual growth and become enlightened, but how can you learn about yourself if there is nobody around to teach you?

How can we meditate on our anger (for example), comprehend our anger and eventually be free of anger if there is nobody around to make us angry? How will the anger surface? How can we observe and understand an emotion, ego or defect if it will not surface due to no conflicts or interaction with others?
The same goes for happiness, sadness, jealousy and the many, many other sides of ourselves that we have within.

For some that are more evolved (spiritually) they may need to be isolated to further study themselves, they may be at a level that requires it, but for the majority of us everyday life is our school and that person that annoys us is our teacher..

Gnobody



posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaSpace
Ok its for relaxation. Thank you all for taking the time to explain.


Wouldn’t the act of doing the very things that we enjoy such as a hobby or a person we love hanging out with have the very same affect as the meditation methods above?


Yes, but it is not the "painting" that is relaxing you, it is your thoughts about it: "This is joy", "I just feel so much peace"; and it isn't the person keeping you relaxed but their calm words; "you'll be OK", "I know you'll do alright". It really does not matter what activity you are doing, because this is way deeper than a "process". The process is just the "meditation" the result is a state of being "relaxation" which you can learn to carry with you at all times through all emotions...

This meditation is to remind you of your natural state of being without emotional stimulation (relaxation). The meditation is a process but this relaxation is just your natural state of being which gets covered up and forgotten by emotions, and becomes hard to reach. You can practice staying in your natural state of relaxation by thinking thoughts which brings relaxation rather than excitement or worry.

Even in the worse possible situation it is suggested to say things like "The best thing to do is stay calm", or "This situations will also pass", "I'll just do what I can because that is all I can do, no need to be tough on myself if I am already doing all I can". It may seem like a strange idea to stay relaxed in an extreme situation but it really does help keep you in tune with your intuition and it keeps your mind clear instead of being cluttered with impatience, fear, or anger; which will actually get you to be more efficient even though it may not "seem" that way.

It is all about relief (relaxation). That is your natural state of being, and you can hold on to that whether you are feeling "happy" or "unhappy" you can also ease yourself with your focus (way of thinking and action).

This meditation is just a process to get you there and it is not the only one.




posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gnobody

This is true also, it helps us in a way where we will be less stressed, less stressful to others and makes the world a better place!

However, if we are not tested, not challenged, then how we will grow?

People like to think that they would be better off being alone and left to meditate in solitude for years to reach personal and spiritual growth and become enlightened, but how can you learn about yourself if there is nobody around to teach you?

How can we meditate on our anger (for example), comprehend our anger and eventually be free of anger if there is nobody around to make us angry? How will the anger surface? How can we observe and understand an emotion, ego or defect if it will not surface due to no conflicts or interaction with others?
The same goes for happiness, sadness, jealousy and the many, many other sides of ourselves that we have within.

For some that are more evolved (spiritually) they may need to be isolated to further study themselves, they may be at a level that requires it, but for the majority of us everyday life is our school and that person that annoys us is our teacher..

Gnobody


Human interactions are very important, I cannot stress this highly enough, we learn from everyone “see my signature” every one we meet has an answer for us & we may have an answer for them. Please don’t misunderstand me. There is a better way of dealing with people, a different way if interacting, a way without the need to unconsciously manipulate & control others “human conflict” at their expense.



posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme
 


For me lately its been listening to nature sounds, like a water fall & i got to tell ya, im in cloud 9 when i lay back & listen to it



posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme
 


Nah, I'm pretty good at clearing my head. My body just doesn't like to relax.



posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot
 


Then stop fighting with it. Just focus on the mind and relieve yourself with thoughts such as:

"My body is intelligent, it knows what it's doing"
"It'll relax when it needs to"
"My body can do so many things such as digestion, it knows what to do and when to do it"
"There is no need for me to struggle with my body"
"I am good with directing the thoughts in my mind, I have great peace of mind"
:"All is well"

Just focus on relief. Everything will be ok.



new topics

top topics



 
5
<< 1   >>

log in

join