It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stanton Friedman: UFOs vs Foo Fighters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Hello, Stanton,
I'm a Folklorist from IU's Folklore Institute, I graduated in 1994 and researched foo fighters for about 5 years with the assistance of Dr. Thomas (Eddie) Bullard. Although Dr. Bullard and I differ somewhat on methodology, we both have pursued a folkloric approach to the entire UFO phenomenon. My particular interest in this field stems from the folkloric research of Drs. David Hufford, Lauri Honko and Wayland Hand, concerning primarily traditions of supernatural folk-belief. I wish I had a nickel for every time I was asked during interviews if I believed in UFO's. As an unbiased collector of folktales, this question initially caused a lot of unforeseeable problems. The answer to this question that I have found to be the least biased is, I have not seen a UFO but I do sincerely believe that other's have seen UFOs. As you can see this answer circumvents the implied connotations of the existence of Aliens, who, you know, are supposed to fly these UFOs. Because of the popular usage today, as you well know, UFOs and Aliens are synonymous. So, this leads me to my first question: Do you believe that Aliens (non-human extra-terrestrials) are visiting our planet in UFOs (extra-terrestrial space vehicles e.g.., flying saucers?)

I am also a retired Electronic Warfare Systems Analyst form the USAF. While I was researching the Foo Fighters I interviewed about 50 RADAR Officers and Electronic Engineers who had seen Foo Fighters over Europe and Japan. None of these highly trained and educated men, and one woman, had seen anything that could be remotely associated with jamming, as a matter of fact, only one incident that I am aware of had a concurrent sighting of a foo fighter and a RADAR contact. This incident was with a Col. Jack Gordon of the 414th Night Fighter Squadron over Piza Italy in Feburary of 1945, and he believed the incident to be a Me 262. The Me 262 theory was very popular in the European theater, the Baka Bomb won equal credibility in the Pacific Theater, but I have thoroughly exhausted military records, archives and microfilms and can't find anything that could remotely substantiate these claims.

I have circulated a small portion of my research around the UFO community, The Fund for UFO Research, UFOmind and some Nazi Flying saucer web sites and I have been labeled a skeptic. Perhaps you have read some of my conclusions. The Fact still remains that almost every foo fighter, Me 262, Me 163 and Baka Bomb sighting I've collected (some 120 eyewitness accounts) from WWII can not be explained by using traditional scientific rhetoric. The facts just do not facilitate a rational explanation. This leads me to my next question: How do UFO sightings differ from their war-time antecedents, the foo fighter?

Thanks for your time, and I hope to back with you this evening.

[edit on 12-10-2004 by Rotwang]

[edit on 14-10-2004 by Rotwang]

[edit on 15-10-2004 by Rotwang]

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I am aware of Eddie Bullard's work, but was not aware of yours. I am pleased to hear that apparently there don't seem to be good explanations for the foo fighter reports. I did talk to a man who was a Pilot in the French Air Force whose flight crew during WW 2was approached by a saucer in Europe. They expected to be shot down at any moment, but it just left.

I start every lecture (Usually "Flying Saucers ARE Real!")with a summary of 4 major conclusions after 46years of study and investigation:
1. The evidence is overwhelming that Earth is being visited by intelligently controlled ET Sapcecraft. i.e. SOME UFOs are alien spacecraft.
2. The subject of flying saucers represents a kind of Cosmic Watergate.. meaning SOME few people in the government have known 1 was true since the rEcovery of two crashed souacers in NM in July 1947.
3. None of th arguments made by noisy negativists against 1 and 2 can withstand careful scrutiny.
4. Visits to planet Earth by aliens and the witholding of the best evidence -- bodies and wreckage-- are the biggest story of the millennium.

Please note that all flying saucers are UFOs, but few UFOs are Flying Saucers. I don't care much about the ones that aren't. Few isotopes are fissionable. Few people are 7' tall, only a small % have AIDS. Gold ore is worth miningif there is a half ounce of gold per ton of ore.

The Foo Fighters were usually observed in the air, did not generally land (Ted Phillips has collected more than 5000 Physical Trace case from 75 countries 16% of which involved reports of beings associated with the craft on or near the ground).
Abductions did not seem a focus of alien activity for FF.

Post war there have been many observations of huge mother ships (0.5-1 mile long). There have been reports involving large numbers of people.. larger than the typical air crew. But there do continue to be plenty of sightings by pilots.. see NARCAP files.

I cannot see anything irrational about alien spacecraft visitations. We have had sophisticated technology -flight, electronics, nuclear, rocketry for 100 years or so. There are two sun like stars just 39 light years away that are only 1/8th of a light year apart from each other and a billion years older than the sun. Clearly we are not the Crown of Creation, but rather more like baboons in a nature preserve completely unaware of the advanced civilkizations not far away.
Stan Friedman

posted on Jul, 27 2022 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Rotwang

I have no idea whether your still around but I have Sleep Paralysis. Its now under control [since 2019] but I am under Spiritual Attack via another means. I am under the protection of The Catholic Church but the battle is daily. The negativity comes from both neighbors who dabble in extreme bad stuff and the energy comes over my way as I am also an Empath.

So no one ever reached out on your thread. Seems to be a common denominator when someone connects the dots to the physical and spiritual connections.

I believe in what you wrote and have been contacted by one of the researchers as referenced. I hope my story is written about and told as I have enough material to write a book

That includes ET. We see and have videoed the pulsating-flashing orange ones. Some let your video them and some don't. We also see the five color ones that look like stars. Some jerk PHD who wrote in Newsweek wrote that they are stars. Well these guys come in counterclockwise. Stars, planets and all cascade across the USA from clockwise. They also don't zip around a distance of 100's of miles in a second.

Best to you!

posted on Jul, 27 2022 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

The user hasn't logged in for 12 years.

posted on Jul, 27 2022 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Thanks. I noticed that once a factual big player rolls in here is one and done and they disappear. Hmmm. Especially when they have the really really good stuff.

Ever wonder if they are from "the other side"?

top topics

join