It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wavy room

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Im not sure if this is the rite forum to put this in so forgive me if its not.

One of the rooms in my house seems to move or the walls will seem to ripple. also when your in there you get a sense of disorentation. I'm not the only one to have noticed this a couple of my friends have commented on it. If you have any idea whut it is please reply.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   
It could be an optical illusion, the phenomenon called Motion Aftereffect.

Such effect generally requires a moving stimulus, like a rotating spiral, waterfall, etc. I wonder what's causing the illusion in your case.

Here is another site that explains the effect using a rotating spiral: dogfeathers.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Well, I have a scientific theory for you, if it's helpfull?

Natural gas, has no smell normally, unless an additive is put in to make one. When it is inhaled, it contains much carbon mono or di-oxide. In sufficent quantities, it can throw of the euquilibrium, and cuase general disorientation.

It actually was the cause of the garbled visions, and speaking in mystic tongues of the priestess of the ancient Greek Parthanon.

What do you think?

-ADHDsux4me

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
ow, now my eyes hurt... Fun!

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   
What room? That's kinda wierd...maybe its an optical illusion.. but i dont know if that counts if more then one person has noticed it. or maybe its just at a weird angle.

new topics

top topics

join