It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiple People Reported Shot Near Empire State Building

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

Yeah I wouldn't consider this instance to be a mass shooting, the assailant only shot one guy, the cops did the mass shooting part. At any rate the DHSs suggestions seem a bit obvious to me, but whatever I'm sure they felt like they needed to say something.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Page 16

James Holmes massacre was at Century 16

Wisconsin massacre was exactly 16 days after Batman massacre

16 shots fired from NYC cops

Watch the mother with her child in the center of the film. She abandons her during the gunshots. What kind of mother is that?? Doesn't even protect her. Was this a staged event as well?

(mom has a white shirt on, daughter a blue shirt. watch how she takes off running as if right on cue- leaving her daughter smack dab in the middle of flying bullets.......... )

Isnt it crazy, all these mass shooting suspects all over the news, then BAM its our own police doing the mass shooting. Sounds like a hidden agenda for Occupy and the government provoked anarchy/revolution heading our way.
edit on 25-8-2012 by nine11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat
reply to post by Bakatono

First off, she WAS training to be a vet tech at this place. Internal politics have screwed that up. Second, she IS looking for other work (if you bothered to read the post). That's why this came up. Third- We may or may not make it thru the week being able to eat, making US the 99% as well. ALL of my income goes to the rent. ALL. OF. IT.

We're talking about people like you in this post. Reread, and then STFU, k? Buh-bye, now.

Guess that is your anger issues kicking in. Or Tourette's I suppose.

Cussing at people and whining and speculating that a business owner is somehow shining you on regarding the ability to afford raises wont help garner you or your other a new job or sympathy.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat

First off, she WAS training to be a vet tech at this place. Internal politics have screwed that up. Second, she IS looking for other work (if you bothered to read the post). That's why this came up. Third- We may or may not make it thru the week being able to eat, making US the 99% as well. ALL of my income goes to the rent. ALL. OF. IT.

We're talking about people like you in this post. Reread, and then STFU, k? Buh-bye, now.

Guess that is your anger issues kicking in. Or Tourette's I suppose.

Cussing at people and whining and speculating that a business owner is somehow shining you on regarding the ability to afford raises wont help garner you or your other a new job or sympathy.

edit on 25-8-2012 by Bakatono because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Symbiot

I do agree that the assailant has a problem, but I don't think this is an inherent problem as in it's not a problem that exists in his genetics, he's not a defect in my opinion. Perhaps he simply lacks the capability to express himself

I concur with your thought process here, Symbiot, no mental defect. You and I made the same point, we only worded it differently. The shooter lacked positive coping mechanisms, and, as you put it, lacked the capability to express himself or behave in a manner consistent with social norms for dealing with stress. I also believe you touched on something else very important. Point being we all experience stress in our lives, enough, in fact, that it makes life extremely difficult at times.Difference between you and I and him is that he made some poor choices, key word here is choice.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Away with you, provocateur!

Second line

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I am not sure, let me get this straight 1 code worker kill by the shooter, one shooter were kill by police, and 9 innocent by stander got hit by the police bullets. If this is true, bullets itself don't kill people. Let me educate myself you have to pull the trigger to make the bullets goes off before it hit someone...I wasn't there, and I don't understand how can police hits 9 innocent by stander with the bullets. It mean police accidentally shot 9 people, how I mean how police hit 9 innocent people, did the bullet bounce off the wall or concrete road hit 9 people.. I sure don't want to be around the shooter running near me then get hails of bullets from police...

Like to add....It happen very fast before you even react to the situation, police didn't had chance to stop the shooter pulling the gun on them in the middle of crowd... All that happen few second
edit on 25-8-2012 by Screenlearner because: I just watch the utube and realize

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by freethinker123

Originally posted by LightsideAssassin

Originally posted by freethinker123

Originally posted by LightsideAssassin
I was 3 blocks away when this happened. I work right around the corner. Just craziness. I'll say the same thing I said after Colorado: one armed citizen returning fire would have put him down faster than responding cops..when you live in a big "weapon-free "zone like NY or CA, you are just sheep waiting to be slaughtered.

Imma break a law or 2 while I'm here. Not going unarmed any more..

Really? At least two armed policemen with firearms training in a built up area managed to injure a number of innocent people nearby. Lets just say 50% of people had been armed I wonder how many people would have ended up injured of dead due to them missing the guy and through ricochets from multiple bullets?

Unless all armed citizens are crackshots what you said was nonsense. And if you enjoy breaking the law, its probably better not to advocate it here.

Really? Anyone who has a CCW had some basic firearms training as part of the CCW class(at least I did when I had a CCW) and, CCW holders tend to be BETTER shots than your average cop,IMHO. Cops shoot just to stay qualified, but rarely have to actually shoot line of duty. CCW holders, as armed citizens, bereft of the authority and protection of being a LEO, takes shooting and carrying much more seriously. No union rep if they # up. No backup. Just an armed citizen, fully utilizing his/her rights afforded under the constitution, not just having to cower and wait for agents of the state to save the day.

Not bashing cops, BTW. Just saying, one gunslinger with proper training at the right place and time makes a positive difference vs. an active shooter engaging random innocents. Response by cops takes time, which is a precious commodity in such a situation as this.

Well thats fine in your case, but is it law that gun owners have to have fire arms training? If not then there is no way it can be considered safe that any Tom, Dick or (Dirty) Harry can pull his gun out and start firing when he sees a situation. Vigilatism is not the way forward.

There's a difference between "gun owner" and CCW holder. A CCW is a concealed weps permit. It requires a class, and, as far as I know, basic firearm safety is taught by any instructor giving said class, and that would include some range time. Mine did. The class also covers CCW laws, and different scenarios you may encounter. Simply owning a gun doesn't grant you a permit. Further, you need to understand gun culture. Most 2A advocates are the most law-abiding ppl you will meet, because they are acutely aware that they are one felony conviction away from never being able to own, much less carry, a firearm ever again.

I trust people with that kind of mindset more than your average cop without that mindset(obviously many cops are part of the 2A community). It would help if you did some basic research and got some more education on this subject. Go forth and google

edit on 26-8-2012 by LightsideAssassin because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-8-2012 by LightsideAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by nine11

16 is definitely a working number

had to check the net.
Almost... but did forget about those death dealings.
Gods way of telling us something because some where along the line a simple rule was not followed.
Like the designer bringing a gun from Florida.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Killer didn't expect to return home..who is surprised by that?
abcnews.go.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by tport17

Movies don't give you involvement into the actions and outcome. These warlike video games teach the young to have involvement and can distort kids perceptions. Fantasy becomes more real. Everything we hear and see and feel develops who we are whether we realize it or not. Depersonalization disorders can develop from many things, it is not limited to video games. If fantasy starts becoming reality in a persons life than they should really be a member of ATS. It'll keep things interesting here

See that's really ironic! The comment literally right before this post of yours (my comment on page 8) happens to directly insinuate that movies have the potential to aid a person in a premonition of an event.

This event being the one I am referring to.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join