It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiple People Reported Shot Near Empire State Building

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackProjects

So many people thinking they're clever by saying "ha! See gun laws don't work!"
I can't describe how frustrated it makes me feel seeing that majority of people jumped on this thread to be the first to say "it wasn't the guns fault!". Jesus Christ seriously.

I keep getting closer and closer to leaving this site just because when people do actually show their true colours, they ain't f**king pretty!

People reading need to stop making every thread about themselves and their own personal beliefs and start thinking about why this site actually exists.

We need to look at events like this and think, "what fundamental problems deep inside someones brain could have caused this? And every other horrific murder?"

Until then we shall just argue contradicting points.

Thoughts out to the victims and they're families. Yet again the spotlights on America and as usual not for anything good.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
According to CNN, they are reporting that the shooter lost his job a year ago, not recently.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
So..2 people shot. The shooter and his victim.

What is ATS now? A news site? More then 1 person dies were going to run here and post it? Errr ok

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

People in the Middle East are not "killing each other on a daily basis" as you seem to think.

I would like to see the statistic for comparing the violence in the USA and the rate of people killing each other, to the rates of murder per capita in the Middle East. I can almost guarantee you without even looking at the numbers that America has FAR HIGHER murder rates than any Arab country.

For one, statistics are maniupulated by those that benefit from a particular set of numbers ... And speaking of numbers, you do know that the population in America's major CITIES often outweigh the entire population of a middle eastern nation right? There are more people in the state of California than there are in the entire COUNTRY of Afghanistan or Iraq

Two, pull all the statistics you want ... You're wrong ... maybe you SHOULD do a little research before you make generalizations ...

Originally posted by detachedindividual

No, I read your post, and I saw you making general statements about people who live in the Middle East

Pots calling kettles black ....
edit on 24-8-2012 by OneEleven because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-8-2012 by OneEleven because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
CNN people making it sounds like no biggy that people were shot by police. Hey, they were only slightly wounded.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
reply to post by rottenrascals

I was just listening to the Yahoo! News live conference and I heard reporters asking if civilians had been shot by police, whomever was giving the conference (I came in at the last part of it so I don't know who it was) did the ole sidestep, "We cannot confirm nor deny" type of thing. So there are reports that innocents/the injured have been shot.

It was NYPD I would be more suprised if they didn't hit more than a few civillians. There was a case a year or two ago where they actually killed the guy they were supposed to be saving.

The NYPD is like a modern day version of the Keystone Cops with a much deadlier outcome.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
CNN people making it sounds like no biggy that people were shot by police. Hey, they were only slightly wounded.

Atleast they had cops on scene quickly to deal with the wounds /s

The news as always will downplay the big story and make it all about whatever agenda they are trying to further this week.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix

That is a very sensible solution. It doesn't require new laws to be made. There should be a law enacted that if most of a person's immediate family members are worried about the temporary sanity of a person that the police can take the guns and give them to one of the family members or take them into safe keeping till the person gets more stable. Maybe if the guys friends see something happening they can get hold of the family. I like to try to try to keep the family involved in these things, but sometimes the father and son both have similar problems. It's hard and even if we were to find perfect solutions here, would anyone actually do anything in the government to make them work? The government can take a perfect idea and twist it out of shape because people always want to add something of theirs to personalize it. Forget it....I keep forgetting this fact that the government screws up everything.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by GD21D
It'll be interesting to see how this event unfolded. Whether it was gang activity, random, sovereign citizen, or hate group induced.These recent highly publicized shooting have taken on odd characteristics as of late.

Unless I am completely misunderstanding what a "Sovereign Citizen" is it seems odd to include that in your otherwise logical list of potential suspects. Why would a sovereign citizen shoot someone outside of the Empire State Building?

As I said, I'm willing to accept that my understanding of them could be completely wrong. If so can you please expand on that? I hope I'm not the only one wondering.
edit on 24-8-2012 by KaiserSoze because: I can count to potato

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
"NYPD JUST HAD A PRACTICE DRILL OF THIS SAME TYPE OF SITUATION Earlier this Morning" does that Ring a Bell ? Always a Rehearsal before the EVENT !

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by tport17
This is happening way too much.

In the end, we will have no guns and there will be security EVERYWHERE.

There is currently a guy on the loose in a town near me that has threatened to copy cat James Holmes. This is ridiculous.

Didn't happen
New York IS effectively a GUN FREE ZONE!

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by phroziac

We even have a cop who runs a gunshop, other cops ask hin why hes sellin guns to people when hes supposed to be fighting crime, not arming criminals............

People with criminal intent don't typically acquire their guns thru open legal purchase. They're criminals right? They steal them or buy them from other criminals.

Edit: I don't know about now, but it used to be that cops understood that they can't be everywhere a crime is being committed. They know that the first line of defense against a crime such as a home invasion or robbery is the armed citizen. The police arrive after the event.

edit on 24-8-2012 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaytay
"NYPD JUST HAD A PRACTICE DRILL OF THIS SAME TYPE OF SITUATION Earlier this Morning" does that Ring a Bell ? Always a Rehearsal before the EVENT !

That might be looking a little too much into it.

The NYPD is a very large police force and they are constantly running drills. I have yet to have 1 day I spent in the city without seeing vans full of cops practicing for one thing or another.

And considering that it was only a few weeks ago that the Aurora shooting happened, it was probably in light of that they decided to practice.

Yes this drill has been quite untimely but that shouldn't mean anything sinister. Until atleast more news emerges.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedom12
reply to post by sirnukeem

CNN is reporting some people were accidently shot by police.

Just said it a few minutes ago.

Yeah just heard Bloombag talkin about it.

Guy shoots his co worker 5 x's with a .45 auto which holds 7-8 rounds (leaving him 2-3 bullets), then puts gun in his bag and walks away. After police catch up with him 9 people are shot but to justify it... they claim he had a 2nd magazine (if he had the chance to reload) he could've used it.

So my conclusion is that 6 people minimum (but I bet 9) were shot by police if the guy had only 3 bullets left tops.

What appauls me more than the shooting itself is the fact that Bloomberg tries to justify the people shot by saying they're fine and should heal quickly. Does that make it alright that they were still shot by police?

listen to what he says @ 30-55 seconds

www.cbsnews.com...
edit on 24/8/2012 by Revealation because: (no reason given)

SORRY, I tried to embed video but couldn't.....
edit on 24/8/2012 by Revealation because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackProjects

What a world we live in. This is happening far too often. American society has many wonderfull aspects. But also it has its darkside- murder. I should say senseless murder. Of course the US is not alone either..ask Norway. Gun control..the problem I think is more media. Yes, guns are too available.

newyork.cbslocal.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Gun violence in the U.S. is not new. It's not happening 'far too often,' it actually seems like there is something else going on. Just about every week a new one of these shootings pops up and is plastered all over national news.

How do you convince people who don't know how they feel about guns that guns are bad and no one should have them?

How could any big bad government get a large number of people behind them when it comes to banning guns altogether?

Answer is simple, convince them that guns are causing so much death, destruction, and fear and the only way we can be safe leaving our homes is if everyone is disarmed. Keep pounding this into peoples heads(which is exactly what our news is doing now) and eventually it will catch on and people will become more against gun ownership. We went from 'cowboy' days of everyone having a gun on their hip, to a society where in most places if you are seen open carrying people think you are crazy and call police.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join