It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiple People Reported Shot Near Empire State Building

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by sirnukeem

CNN is reporting some people were accidently shot by police.

Just said it a few minutes ago.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Bloomberg says ....there are an awful lots of guns out there..

I say DUH........

Welcome to America Mayor Bloomberg

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

I say DUH........

Yea most seem to be on his police buddies, who shot some civilians today.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by rottenrascals

So sorry that a simple observation about the state of our society could "grind your gears".
Wow, you got the easily grinded gears!

I think it would be prudent to focus on what we could be, not become complacent with what we are.
As humans we have the understanding that we can change and improve ourselves.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
mayor said the construction worker did the right thing, he told police who the shooter was and allowed the professionals to handle it. They did their police thing...wonder how many shots they fired.

edit on 8/24/2012 by roadgravel because: tag

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackProjects

Guns are available for a reason. You watch what happens when they take guns away. Look at Britain, where there are knife/blade assaults. Guns are not the problem, people are the problem, plain and simple.

That being said... do you think "they" are coming for the guns, with all of these shootings recently? It appears there may be more to these then we are to believe.

ETA: I find it interesting that Mayor Bloomberg called for restrictive gun laws after Aurora, and then this happens.
edit on 24-8-2012 by MarshMallow_Snake because: added more text

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
mayor said the construction worker did the right thing, he told police who the shooter was and allowed the professionals to handle it. They did their police thing...wonder how many shots they fired.

What was he g0ing t0 d0 thr0w a screw driver

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Scanned through the previous posts in the thread and didn't see anything about this, may have missed it.

Has anyone checked out the odd web page for Hazan Import Corp, the company where the dispute started.

Here is a link to a site that matches the company name, not much info at all....and is that the matrix in the background!

Strange.

hazanimportcorp.com...#

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by rottenrascals

Originally posted by jam321

I say DUH........

Yea most seem to be on his police buddies, who shot some civilians today.

Yes.

And what do you think the chances are that he would get shot? With his personal protective personnel around him constantly?
He doesn't have to worry about self defense.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedom12
reply to post by sirnukeem

CNN is reporting some people were accidently shot by police.

Just said it a few minutes ago.

No dogs? Well, nevermind the reports. That could never happen, unless they accidentally smoked some pot last year, and their heads are still all screwy....
edit on 24-8-2012 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-8-2012 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by sirnukeem

I'm pointing out the pros screwed up...the police may have shot the bystanders...

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by BellaSabre
In thinking about the folks in the Middle East, and how they kill each other on a daily basis. They are constantly murdering one another.

What kind of ridiculous comparison is this? You think you're painting America as being "superior" to the Middle East by making such a ridiculous statement and using no facts to back it up?

People in the Middle East are not "killing each other on a daily basis" as you seem to think. There are wars, based on people trying to remove their dictator, battles based on religious persecution, Arab people being murdered by coalition soldiers occupying their soil.

I would like to see the statistic for comparing the violence in the USA and the rate of people killing each other, to the rates of murder per capita in the Middle East. I can almost guarantee you without even looking at the numbers that America has FAR HIGHER murder rates than any Arab country.

I think you were intending to paint the Middle East as "lower forms of Humans" through your statements, and I think that totally backfired, instead making you look like a racist idiot without any common sense.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

So sorry that a simple observation about the state of our society could "grind your gears".
Wow, you got the easily grinded gears!

I think it would be prudent to focus on what we could be, not become complacent with what we are.
As humans we have the understanding that we can change and improve ourselves.

When you have a career where all you hear is how society is going to hell, it starts to gnaw on you.

And no, as humans we can not change who we are. Do you honestly believe yourself to be better than your ancestor from 6000 years ago? Smarter sure, but besides that humans still are primal beings. We are just somewhat better at handling them now and that is only because there are now repercussions for our actions. Self preservation above all. We used to kill because it meant we get to survive, and now we don't kill because it means we survive. The game has changed but the rules are the same.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

I'm pointing out the pros screwed up...the police may have shot the bystanders...

Im p0inting 0ut the may0rs a m0r0n. 5 c0ps sh00ting at 0ne guy, 0ne guy sh00ting back, id say at*least 150 r0unds

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

My goodness, you obtained enough information from my simple post to do a character assassination?

LOL. Project much?

Because you really missed the mark on this one. Sorry.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Im p0inting 0ut the may0rs a m0r0n. 5 c0ps sh00ting at 0ne guy, 0ne guy sh00ting back, id say at*least 150 r0unds

I'd like to point out that 0's in place of o's hurt my eyes.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarshMallow_Snake
reply to post by BlackProjects

Guns are available for a reason. You watch what happens when they take guns away. Look at Britain, where there are knife/blade assaults. Guns are not the problem, people are the problem, plain and simple.

It doesn't change the fact that it would be far harder to knife thirty people to death in a crowded place than it is to gun them down with an assault rifle.

I am pro gun (I have to say that in ever post to make it clear that I do have some common sense and people can't simply attack me for being a "commie leftie" based on my opinion on this), but you cannot compare knife crime to gun crime.

Yes, it is the intent of the person holding the weapon, but without that weapon they would not be able to carry out the crime in the way that they do. The effectiveness of the crime directly correlates to the type of weapon they use.

I don't care if someone is for or against gun control, but it does irritate me when people refuse basic common sense to support their argument.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

My goodness, you obtained enough information from my simple post to do a character assassination?

LOL. Project much?

Because you really missed the mark on this one. Sorry.

No, I read your post, and I saw you making general statements about people who live in the Middle East, portraying them as being less civilized in some way in comparison to Americans.

That, whether you accept it or not, is racism.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I think it comes down to how badly this person wants to kill someone.

If they are looking to kill 1 person then they will settle for knife. But if they want to hurt waves of people then lack of assault rifles will not stop them.

Bombs supplies will always be readily available and a person wishing to do harm will find a way to do this. Hell even a car properly aimed can be used to strike down a crowd of people.

It's a scary thought but as long as there are dangerous people, they will always find a way to harm others.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Yes, I do believe human beings can change. We have, and will continue to do so. Whether it is for better or worse, remains to be determined.

(To the other poster whose name I've forgotten, sorry) Whether humans are in the U.S. or Afghanistan, doesn't matter. We are all human beings and all capable of change.

Before we can fix a problem, we must first realize there is a problem. Pehaps with all the recent murders, and slaughter of innocents, we will begin to see that indeed we have a problem, and begin to take steps to repair them.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join