It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiple People Reported Shot Near Empire State Building

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by rottenrascals
reply to post by GD21D

This is nothing new. Lack of information does not mean conspiracy. It just means that cops are probably still at the scene, removing the bodies, collecting evidence and cleaning up. Like I said, wait until the evening news and every thing will be made clear.
You're absolutely right. Lack of information doesn't mean conspiracy, but it doesn't mean the absence of one either. Once again, everything is still on the table until versions of the story come out from the people who witnessed the actual event.Just because authorities give me a story doesn't make it officially the truth in my eyes. Not when there have been so many lies, on so many levels, in so many events.
edit on 24-8-2012 by GD21D because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Hey, I thought guns don't kill people???

Oh right...they kill multiple people in a short amount of time and with little effort.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

If guns kill people, then forks make people fat.

Blaming an object is the same kind of logic TPTB use to ban them. An object has no mind of it's own. It all comes down to the person using it.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Screen capture of someone helping one of the victims.

Source

Two people confirmed dead by NYPD
edit on 24-8-2012 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
Chicago and New York have some of the strictest gun control in the nation.
Yep. Taking guns from the average citizen is working just fine.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I am tired of this bogus excuse. The reason they still have high guns deaths is because all around them guns are widely available. All they have to do is cross the city line. You guns nuts are just that, you are nuts. Logic nevers occurs to you. It is the EXACT same as lottery-free states and blue counties. People just cross the boundaries to get what they want. BUT, if there were no lotteries, for example, anywhere in the U.S., people would not play the lottery -- crossing a national boundary is just too much hassle. It would be the same for guns. If guns were banned in all states, gun deaths would massively drop to rates like Europe.

Our problem here is the 2nd Amendment. It made sense back in the earliest of days of our nation, but it has outlived its rational. And don't give me the we-need-them-to-fight-tyranny crap. You think any size group with Glocks, rifles and assault rifles will be able to counter a mechanized force with chopper support and the best intel, etc.? Get over your fantasies. In reality, if we needed to fight tyranny, what would happen is what always happens, massive numbers of service personnel would go AWOL and take their weapons with them to support the citizenry.

Bubba and his boys ain't otherwise going to hold back a well trained army.

DO away with the 2nd amendment and this would be a much better, more free and safer country. Of course you can keep your hunting rifles.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
What i don't understand is how can the FBI declare within the hour of the shooting that it was not terror related

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Can't say I agree with that sentiment.

This guy could have driven through a cross walk and killed 10 people quicker and easier than shooting them.

link   

Blaming an object is the same kind of logic TPTB use to ban them. An object has no mind of it's own. It all comes down to the person using it.

I guess that there's not ever going top be anything that anyone can ever do to prevent effed up people from killing whomever they feel like killing. Oh well. Screw people anyway. If they can't get out of the way, then they deserve to get shot. Bullets don't hit people. People fail to get out of the way of bullets.

link   

I want a NUKE. NOW. Because I'm a nice guy and I won't use it without just cause. But I want a NUKE NOW! Nukes don't kill people.. people kill people. So I am OK with a NUKE. NOW.

Amidoinitright?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
NBC and New York Post headlines are saying it was a disgruntled employee...it's on their twitter pages.

They claim it is not terrorism related, it's funny what they define as terrorism. If a brown religious guy does it then it's terrorism, but if a disgruntled employee shoots people it's not considered terrorism related I say whats up with that

Reports: Shooting near Empire State Building is not terrorism-related; suspected gunman is disgruntled employee - @NBCNewYork, @NewYorkPost

www.breakingnews.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dinogur
What i don't understand is how can the FBI declare within the hour of the shooting that it was not terror related

Because the fbi didn't stage it, pretty simple.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Another false flag guys?

Theyre really pushing this one aren't they?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

In New York City acquiring a gun is not an easy task. Anyone who goes about doing so probably already has it in their head to do some damage. If it wasn't a gun, it would be a knife, a car, a pipebomb, or his bear hands.

A person who wants to kill, will kill, regardless of the tools he uses.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly

Originally posted by DAVID64
Chicago and New York have some of the strictest gun control in the nation.
Yep. Taking guns from the average citizen is working just fine.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I am tired of this bogus excuse. The reason they still have high guns deaths is because all around them guns are widely available. All they have to do is cross the city line. You guns nuts are just that, you are nuts. Logic nevers occurs to you. It is the EXACT same as lottery-free states and blue counties. People just cross the boundaries to get what they want. BUT, if there were no lotteries, for example, anywhere in the U.S., people would not play the lottery -- crossing a national boundary is just too much hassle. It would be the same for guns. If guns were banned in all states, gun deaths would massively drop to rates like Europe.

Our problem here is the 2nd Amendment. It made sense back in the earliest of days of our nation, but it has outlived its rational. And don't give me the we-need-them-to-fight-tyranny crap. You think any size group with Glocks, rifles and assault rifles will be able to counter a mechanized force with chopper support and the best intel, etc.? Get over your fantasies. In reality, if we needed to fight tyranny, what would happen is what always happens, massive numbers of service personnel would go AWOL and take their weapons with them to support the citizenry.

Bubba and his boys ain't otherwise going to hold back a well trained army.

DO away with the 2nd amendment and this would be a much better, more free and safer country. Of course you can keep your hunting rifles.

And then the TPTB can really take us over put us into FEMA camps and implant us with chips. yup

More shootings more laws, What about all the mass murders in the late 20th century we didnt take away guns then...

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaploink
I think this is more about the location of the shooting that the shooting itself. New York City has around 500 homicides a year. If this happened in the slums, it wouldn't be national news. It's sad either way.

24 people get killed in a single weekend in Cabrini Green in Chicago and nobody cares. 10 get killed in front of an "iconic" landmark and it becomes a big deal. People don't really care about crime. As long as it doesn't happen in a place they feel comfortable, they are comfortable with it.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

You realize that the only country that has ever used a nuke on anyone is the same one telling people not to use nukes?

Maybe you should rethink that argument, because so far everyone else who has or had nukes, hasn't used them.

And come on really? You are gonna compare nukes to guns? Guns are for personal safety. Nukes are for safety of the entire country (or so it is argued).

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaploink
I think this is more about the location of the shooting that the shooting itself. New York City has around 500 homicides a year. If this happened in the slums, it wouldn't be national news. It's sad either way.

That's something that has always bugged me. If it's near some national monument, the rich part of town, etc, it's news worthy. If someone is shot in the poorer section of town, it's business as usual. "Well, you know they're all drug dealers and gang members, so let them wipe each other out" What about that kid on his way to school who wants to learn and get out of there.

link   
Sky News Uk recently reported that it was a robbery and not terror related.

link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

This is what the US congress defines terrorism as:

"Definitions ... the term 'terrorism' means premeditated, politically motivated violence perpetrated against noncombatant targets by subnational groups or clandestine agents;"

www.law.cornell.edu...

It can be quite ambiguous...

link   
Witness says shooter was firing indiscriminately

How was it a disgruntled employee if he was just shooting whoever on the street?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join