It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiple People Reported Shot Near Empire State Building

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
In my opinion people saying that Cars, kitchen knives and bare hands also kill people is ridiculous.
The items above are all used for some thing else other than killing.

'A guy could have killed them in a car a lot quicker' - Compare gun deaths to mass murder via Automobile (not any driving crimes, just crimes where large numbers of people wear ran over, one happened in tokyo not too long ago if memory serves) I'm still confident the mass murder by gun will be higher.

Do the same math for Kitchen knives Mass murder vs Gun, Bare hands mass murder vs Gun.
I'll happily be proven wrong with stats.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I was 3 blocks away when this happened. I work right around the corner. Just craziness. I'll say the same thing I said after Colorado: one armed citizen returning fire would have put him down faster than responding cops..when you live in a big "weapon-free "zone like NY or CA, you are just sheep waiting to be slaughtered.

Imma break a law or 2 while I'm here. Not going unarmed any more..

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
It's unfortunate that people caught in the wrong place and time there in NYC had already been disarmed long ago with no means to defend themselves in situations like these. What's worse, though, is that the NYPD themselves caused some collateral damage in response to the gunman. Perhaps an armed citizen would have had better shot placement in suppressing the threat.

Let me guess, NYC needing more gun control will be the topic of Bloomberg's near-future ramblings?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
It appears no one but the revenge victim would have been hurt if not for the police. The shooter didn't seem to be out to mass murder people. As always, there may have been more than one way to handle capturing the shooter. Maybe had the police stayed farther away they might have been able to deal with it in a way other then a bunch of cops running up and opening fire at once. Maybe not. We will not know.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by rottenrascals
Whoa Whoa Whoa. This took place in New York, not Texas. Guns are not regularly available here. New York gun control laws boil down to this: NO GUNS.

Chicago as well and there was an overnight killing spree there also.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightsideAssassin
I was 3 blocks away when this happened. I work right around the corner. Just craziness. I'll say the same thing I said after Colorado: one armed citizen returning fire would have put him down faster than responding cops..when you live in a big "weapon-free "zone like NY or CA, you are just sheep waiting to be slaughtered.

Imma break a law or 2 while I'm here. Not going unarmed any more..

Really? At least two armed policemen with firearms training in a built up area managed to injure a number of innocent people nearby. Lets just say 50% of people had been armed I wonder how many people would have ended up injured of dead due to them missing the guy and through ricochets from multiple bullets?

Unless all armed citizens are crackshots what you said was nonsense. And if you enjoy breaking the law, its probably better not to advocate it here.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I know others believe this, but I will say it again, this is a terror manipulation, and related to a lot of other turmoil lately that has to do with mentally beating the public to death about the need to have gun control. It is a form of terrorism at a different level, and who ever is behind it is lowering the bar, day by day, until it hits the ground.

Somehow, somewhere, people are being put up to these atrocities. I swear, but I certainly cannot prove it, however, it is starting to show statistical relevance. IMHO

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by charlyv
I know others believe this, but I will say it again, this is a terror manipulation, and related to a lot of other turmoil lately that has to do with mentally beating the public to death about the need to have gun control. It is a form of terrorism at a different level, and who ever is behind it is lowering the bar, day by day, until it hits the ground.

Somehow, somewhere, people are being put up to these atrocities. I swear, but I certainly cannot prove it, however, it is starting to show statistical relevance. IMHO

Exactly, they are using these situations (even perhaps manipulating them) to make the public scared, to make them fearful of going outside. To make them so fearful that they become willing to sacrifice their rights and liberties to maintain a false sense of security. Once you take away the peoples right to bare arms, then the government and TPTB have no fear of doing whatever they want, whenever they want.

But I still scratch my head trying to understand how people think "banning" something is going to eliminate these types of things from happening. If you want a gun, it isn't all that hard to get one illegally (it is rather easy to "rent" a gun from the unsavory parts of any decent sized city)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by rottenrascals

Believe me .....nobody knows better than I do. I live in NY and have had more than my share of fraternizing with them.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
So now we have 2 fresh new cases of mass gun violence, and in the cities that are the poster-children for a defenseless citizenry no less. All this goes to show is the futility of trying to legislate human behavior. And of course, the gun-grabbers will just say "Well, we just haven't gone far enough is all.". Next, they'll be begging for daily/weekly/monthly residence checks by "state appointed officials" to make SURE no one has ANYTHING that could be considered a weapon, much less a gun.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackProjects

Several shot at Empire State Building = World News

19 shot in Chicago last night = Another day

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Can't wait to see how many shots the police fired. Bet it is near 20.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
It seems public shooting has become a weekly affair in the US. That is a scary scenario, something needs to reverse this trend.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

GARD DAM!! THEYS WANNA TAYK OW GURNS!! ITS ALL AY COPSPIRACY!! GUNS DONT KILL PEOPLE. CRAZY PPL KILL PPL... SO WES KNEED MOAR AK47S!!

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
The cops need to take target practice lessons from this shooter.

1 target, 1 victim.

Cops arrive.

1 target, 8 victims.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Can't wait to see how many shots the police fired. Bet it is near 20.

Reports say 2 cops fired total of 14 shots

Shooter had bought gun in Florida over 20 years ago (1991)

Was not legal to possess in NYC without a permit - which is next to impossible to get and costs thousands
in application

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

This the stupidest, most freedom hating, short-sighted post I have ever read.

I absolutely have the right to self defense. I don't care if you think it's an outdated concept. I don't care if you can't handle freedom. And I really, really don't care if we're out gunned. Tell that to middle eastern insurgents who have managed to outfox the largest, most advanced military in history. Take your defeatist crap and peddle it elsewhere.

My rights are mine by virtue of being born. They are not on loan from some damn cabal who plot and plan together and decide what I may or may not do, with authority that they decided to assume. You may be willing to give these rights up without a fight. I. Will. Not.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by victor7

Public shootings are no more prevalent now than ever, and in fact, have gone down dramatically in the past couple of decades. But.....there's this crappy economy, and an election.....and well......we *SO* can't go around reporting on issues soooooo......let's run with shootings, 'cuz, you know....violence gets ratings....but we'll only report the most sensational, agenda fitting shootings.

The media is creating a narrative.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide

Originally posted by charlyv

Exactly, they are using these situations (even perhaps manipulating them) to make the public scared, to make them fearful of going outside. To make them so fearful that they become willing to sacrifice their rights and liberties to maintain a false sense of security. Once you take away the peoples right to bare arms, then the government and TPTB have no fear of doing whatever they want, whenever they want.

But I still scratch my head trying to understand how people think "banning" something is going to eliminate these types of things from happening. If you want a gun, it isn't all that hard to get one illegally (it is rather easy to "rent" a gun from the unsavory parts of any decent sized city)

You are correct! I see your " banning doesn't work 'cuz you can get them anyway" and raise you " no guns at all for any reason outside of LEO/Military" . It's what they want and hell, I've read posts in this very thread who think that's the way to go.

Cold, dead hands is the only response I'll give to these folks. Trying to reason with them is just a trap.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nietrick
reply to post by pajoly

This the stupidest, most freedom hating, short-sighted post I have ever read.

I absolutely have the right to self defense. I don't care if you think it's an outdated concept. I don't care if you can't handle freedom. And I really, really don't care if we're out gunned. Tell that to middle eastern insurgents who have managed to outfox the largest, most advanced military in history. Take your defeatist crap and peddle it elsewhere.

My rights are mine by virtue of being born. They are not on loan from some damn cabal who plot and plan together and decide what I may or may not do, with authority that they decided to assume. You may be willing to give these rights up without a fight. I. Will. Not.

Well, you win the "Did not read the content of the thread List" before you posted
The poll here does really not agree with the OP comments. We are way beyond that.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join