It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiple People Reported Shot Near Empire State Building

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Either way its another shooting incident in the USA which is in the headlines again....

How many people in the USA died today as a result of car crashes? Why don't these make the national headlines? Oh, that's right, it's not that sensational enough. 40,000 people die each year in the U.S..

On average, more than 100 people per day died in car crashes in the U.S. The death toll for a single day can range from 45 to 252 people...
That seems worthy of national headlines, doesn't it? I don't see people being outraged over this?

According to AAA, automobile crashes costs us $300 billion dollars every year in the United States. How many headlines has this made? Are people outraged over this?

$300 Billion!

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Thunder heart woman

How many shootings is it going to take until people open their eyes?

As many car crashes as its going to take to ban automobiles. According to AAA, 40,000 people die annually at a cost of $300 billion dollars a year! Are you outraged by this as well?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic911

According to the US Census there is one death every 14 seconds in the US. What should be outlawed?

www.census.gov...

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

You would be surprised to learn how many shootings happen and are not reported. The fact of the matter is that shootings, car accidents, and other deaths will happen and banning thing involved in these deaths will not solve anything.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Symbiot

According to the US Census there is one death every 14 seconds in the US. What should be outlawed?

www.census.gov...

Cause of death?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Not serious? That's a complete lie.
Any bullet wound is serious!

"Lower extremities"? What if some innocent person got shot in the nuts?

Depends on where hit, what hit and caliber/velocity of the projectile

From reports most wounds are listed as superficial - described as "graze" wounds

Police fired at shooter from reported distances of 5 - 10 ft Shooter struck by 10 #s, which leaves 4 rounds
that missed shooter

Using full jacket 9 mm (FMJ) a bullet at this range, unless strikes large bone will pass through target and retain
sufficent velocity to injure. Also possibility of richocets from street or buildings (most building in that area
are masonry - stone concrete)

Given crowds in area surprised injuries are not more serious

What is NYPD to do? Shooter already killed once, when confronted by cops drew weapon and initialed gun
fight.

Why are nobody blaming the shooter for starting incident by

1) killing former supervisor

2) drawing gun on police on a crowded street and starting to shoot at them

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by rottenrascals

Of course it will solve things... less innocents being killed by gun for a start.....

As for the 'cars kill more people' argument... well thats just to be expected when there are so many cars on the streets! You cut the cars out.... you will cut 'death by car' out....

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by rottenrascals

You would be surprised to learn how many shootings happen and are not reported. The fact of the matter is that shootings, car accidents, and other deaths will happen and banning thing involved in these deaths will not solve anything.

It's sad that what you're saying is true. That we cannot factor in the intelligence of humanity as a solution to the problem. The truth is, firearms will not be outlawed in this country so we better figure out something soon.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
MSNBC Report= Workplace/ domestic violence

Translation: Nothing worth reporting as this person can't be tied to whites, christianity or the tea party
edit on 24-8-2012 by HamrHeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Pretty sure that's all deaths recorded by the Census bureau, from the US population clock, so whatever your imagination can come up with I suppose. I did notice an article in my search that said lightning related deaths are down this year

I didn't read the article so I don't know if it's specifically related to people struck by lightning or killed in relation to a lightning strike.
edit on 24-8-2012 by Symbiot because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
As regards death by automobile, remember it was corporate interests that killed mass transit in order to boost car sales and petroleum consumption. We might reduce auto deaths if we re-invested in efficient public transportation. Does New York City and their mass transit systems off us any clues about doing that? Their gun control policies don't eliminate firearm deaths entirely.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I was a block away when it happened you could hear people screaming and running. I'm still in front of the empire state building they closed down 33rd st 5th av and the sidewalk leading into the building. I took a photo of a few forensics digging out one of the plants in front of the empire state building. I'm not too sure why. I'll upload a picture soon.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Many shot by police apparently

www.inquisitr.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I didn't get much information since this morning but the killer was laid off a year ago.
A dead end street for both so did the economy kill them.

The city is now revamping the roads to take people from JFK to Long Island in
a direct route. I didn't think there was that much of a problem. Now people need
to leg an extra mile for a subway stop. Mayor Bloomberg keeping us fit for death
in the city and making it easy for GM to sell more cars.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
This was a guy who went to kill his boss for firing him unjustly a year ago.

Only when the cops arrived and confronted him, did other people get hurt. If they had let him walk away, there would only be one dead.

If everybody killed their boss, all firings and lay offs would cease, and everybody would remain employed.

It was about justice, not craziness.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by GreatOwl

Justice for getting canned is murder by gun? WTF? When you work for somebody else they have the right to fire you any old time they please just as you can quit any time you please. No need for people to be physically hurt.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeantherapy
reply to post by GreatOwl

Justice for getting canned is murder by gun? WTF? When you work for somebody else they have the right to fire you any old time they please just as you can quit any time you please. No need for people to be physically hurt.

Unfortunately, or fortunately, you cannot just fire someone for any reason you like. There are laws to protect employees from various types of abuse from employers. Whatever the situation here, the employee felt that he was treated unjustly, felt powerless to do anything about it, and in the land of the gun the employer is always at risk for mistreating his staff. That's what justice is all about. If there's no risk to taking actions, then there's no restraint from taking those actions. But, if there's some risk, then each individual has to "way the balance" in his conscience first before each step he takes.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
This picture they broke the pottery open not too sure why.

This picture is the closed down street not much to see really but very hectic.

All bad things always happen during a beautiful vibrant day.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by drsfinest72

Maybe a bullet hit one of the pots so they are trying to retrieve something from it?

Other than that awesome pics thanks for your first hand account.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
All these shootings happening in short succession right before a Presidential election seems really fishy to me.

They'd better not try and take our guns away, they'll have hell to pay if they try to. I know that for a fact.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join