It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiple People Reported Shot Near Empire State Building

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by tport17

Good logic, I wonder if looking at that little round pacman made me get used to looking at overweight people as normal?
Everything we hear and see in our life influences the development of our personality. Some things cause a reverse psychology effect also, forcing us into a different direction completely. Some things reinforce our perception even though they have nothing to do with it because we tend to see what we believe or know in things.

There is no definite solution to anything, I look at things and analyze what changes are occurring. When dealing with people that is hard, especially the young as their personalities are being formed by what they see before they are walking or talking. By the time proof of this is found it may be too late for society. Playing cowboys and Indians when I was young effected my life and the lifes of the other kids. I was always the Indian and I have had many Indian friends since then. The other kids don't like Indians that much and complain about their Indian rights. Did these games shape our personalities and make us different? I think it possibly could have had an effect. There is more to life than anyone can truly comprehend.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Map of that part of Manhattan

www.mapquest.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
My guess is that the gun he used was "acquired" out of state. This will reignite an old media debate. If guns are banned in one locale and not another, then people will just acquire them where they legally can and use them anyway. The only solution (according to the "experts"), is to ban them everywhere so this can't happen.

You watch.

Just because we ban something does not mean it will go away! just like drugs, guns will be criminalized and the amount of people dieing will increase do to this criminal element! Also with law abiding citizens no longer carrying we can expect these criminals to have no fear of the average citizen! Crime rates will rise, just like they do anytime guns are banned! Look it up if you don't believe me.
edit on 24-8-2012 by nosacrificenofreedom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by nosacrificenofreedom

Originally posted by intrptr
My guess is that the gun he used was "acquired" out of state. This will reignite an old media debate. If guns are banned in one locale and not another, then people will just acquire them where they legally can and use them anyway. The only solution (according to the "experts"), is to ban them everywhere so this can't happen.

You watch.

Just because we ban something does not mean it will go away! just like drugs, guns will be criminalized and the amount of people dieing will increase do to this criminal element! Also with law abiding citizens no longer carrying we can expect these criminals to have no fear of the average citizen! Crime rates will rise, just like the do anytime guns are banned! Look it up if you don't believe me.

Oh I believe you. And I think we agree. So maybe you misunderstood? I was reflecting how the media response to this will play out as their "excuse" for banning all firearms. I know that won't work.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
i will stay on ats for further updates,because this crew gets the info quicker than the msm!

Have you considered the error of this statement yet? ATS members get the news BEFORE the media? Have you been visiting the psychic phenomenon section of ATS again?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

If you desire to see psychological problems such as rape and molestation vanish than I suggest you work to form a society that eliminates the root cause of the issue rather than punish that which the root cause brought about. People need to feel confident in themselves. When a person is ridiculed and subjugated by their peers they lose confidence in themselves and so they lack the courage to find an appropriate mate. They feel their only recourse is to force themselves upon someone. Rape and molestation are often caused by low self esteem and it is our society that beats a persons esteem by calling them undesirable when handed poor grades, by laughing and ridiculing when they make a mistake which we all do.

In other instances rape can be caused by riches, where a person with vast amounts of wealth is simply not used to being refused and so when refused he knows not how to react. Again it is our society that demands the massive gap in wealth and it is this massive gap that causes problems such as rape and murder. Those with little money feel unsuccessful, when they are not, and with this they lack confidence in themselves. Those with great amounts of wealth rarely experience refusal and when it comes they are unwilling to accept it.

Battered wives and the like come from misdirected anger. The assailant probably has much anger that he'd like to direct at his boss or someone else whom he is not able to take it out on so he goes home and beats his wife or his children or his dog. The husband, or wife, that beats. They feel a lack of control in their life. They feel castrated by the lack of control, castrated when they must do as they are told even if they disagree. They go home and wish to take command, wish to feel that they are in control.

This is something seen in many serial killers as well. They bound their victims and revel in the feeling of control they have over their victims. It is because they feel a lack of control in their life at work or at home. It is our doing, we demand that they hand over their life to the masses, to their bosses and supervisors, to their commanders and presidents and police officers. We force them to hand over their life and as a result they turn into a torrent of violence and anger.

That's an excerpt from my web-site that I feel applies here. I find it especially applicable since the assailant here killed his supervisor.
edit on 24-8-2012 by Symbiot because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedman
Maybe a few facts rather than speculation

Most injuries appear not to be serious
Wounds are in lower extremities - this suggests most hit by richocets or by bullet fragments Shooter dead at
35th st

Not serious? That's a complete lie.
Any bullet wound is serious!

"Lower extremities"? What if some innocent person got shot in the nuts?

You call this a "fact"? That it's 'not serious'?

I cannot believe that people actually accept these unsubstantiated OPINIONS as if they were fact, that hey it's not a big deal all of these civilians got shot, none died so who cares?
What if one dies next week from complications?

I am getting really tired of the media treating human life as if it were not a big deal, nothing serious. Go back to work, move along, nothing to see here.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaHawk
reply to post by Thunder heart woman

Open their eyes to what?

The faceless and nameless PTB engineered all shootings did they?

Unfortunately, so many of these "shootings" reek of setup, cover-up, and ignored leads that I (among others) can't help but doubt the veracity of the details of any of these events. In fact, I have come to believe that many were complete hoaxes, fully staffed with actors and staged in corrupt police jurisdictions (such as Arizona and New York - they even lend each other cops for these events).

Here's a great video exposing the actors in the Aurora Batman shooting. The investigator uses various biometric identification techniques, keen observation, and (IMHO, possibly) an eidetic memory with facial recognition skills to show several well known actors playing all the key roles in the event. Caution, this guy has been researching these things since he was involved in the composition of a bestselling Kennedy assassination book many years ago, he rips through the hoax for an audience who is relatively familiar with the enemy and their tactics. An excellent tactic they appear to use here (because it's so hard to believe) is recording "eyewitness testimony" years in advance. Usually, I think, the real reason a "witness" disappeared is that they weren't real to begin with and only showed up (in makeup/disguise) to give credibility to the event actually happening. Other "witnesses" will make an appearance in the MSM later, but they won't really exist either.

edit on 24-8-2012 by SgtKlaos because: embedded the video and further described tactics

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Symbiot

I agree, the main cause of violence is a result of people being huge jerks all of the time.
I mean who shoots nice people? It's pretty rare and usually when it does happen it's accidental or happenstance.

But for anyone to suggest that it is our society that leads to this predicament will be difficult for people to accept because it infers that they themselves need to stop being huge pricks. This is almost impossible for a lot of folks because they are so heavily invested in their egotism and selfishness that it's their way or the highway. No compromises, no second chances.

I am not blaming the victim per se, as that would be illogical. But what I am saying is that if people refuse to be respectful and dignified in their demeanor towards each other, expect more shootings. A lot more.

Most people don't seem to realize it but they are actually provoking such violent reactions in many many cases by treating other humans as garbage.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Most of the people shot were shot by the police. So much for training being the answer to everyone being able to carry weapons. The gunman shot one time and didnt shoot again after. The NYPD killed him and wounded 8 other innocent people. Way to keep a calm head.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by rottenrascals

Those are all arenas for violence; places and times when violence is accepted. What's happening here is pure chaos and horror. Being thrown into a gladiator arena and being shot while grocery shopping are two entirely different things.

link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Nope.
People kill people, silly.
In NYC it is all but illegal to own a gun.
Did it help?
No.
The cops can't shoot worth a crap and hit bystanders, wounding people.
There are murders every day in almost every city and almost non of them are from guns.

Here is the best one, let me ask you a question.

If guns kill people, how does anyone get out of a gun show, gun store, gun factory, and so on, alive? How are police alive if guns kill people? Please tell me why guns don't rule the world, hunting down humans like some kind of terminator?

link   

Originally posted by WonOunce
Most of the people shot were shot by the police. So much for training being the answer to everyone being able to carry weapons. The gunman shot one time and didnt shoot again after. The NYPD killed him and wounded 8 other innocent people. Way to keep a calm head.

Shooting guns in densely populated areas = not a good idea.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Well you certainly have a point in that many people do not want to realize that they may be part of the issue here. It's a hard thing to accept indeed, but what are we doing if we're not trying to resolve the issue? The really unfortunate thing is that it's not always the jerk that gets bit back, sometimes the angered individual simply takes his anger out on whatever is closest or whatever he is most able to take it out on and this can end up being nice people. You look at that guy who went "postal" and any of the people he killed probably were not directly responsible for his anger, but at the same time they've done nothing to stop people like him from going postal.

I'm not trying to place blame on the victims, it is an unfortunate fact of reality. People are forced into situations that anger them, forced to work for individuals that they hate, forced to follow presidents they dislike, forced to beg for mercy from police officers and sometimes they simply snap. For those that did not directly cause this anger, they have no choice. If they do not try to fix the actual problem they will always be at risk.

P.S. Great avatar
edit on 24-8-2012 by Symbiot because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackProjects

I just saw this report on thesun online.... wow, another guy with a gun goes on rampage!!

Could have been much greater death toll on this one had he fired to kill but It seems he was just out to injure others or maybe he was just a bad shot! Either way its another shooting incident in the USA which is in the headlines again....

This is like one a week now making the Headlines.... where will the next one be?? I'm betting in Washington DC possibly near the White House.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I live in New York State. We have some of the most restrictive gun control regulations in the nation. New York City has even more restrictive gun control regulations than the rest of the state. I am not aware of the background of this case or the shooter's background. Was the shooter registered to that weapon? Here's the problem with legal gun ownership. Even a legally-obtained firearm may end up being involved in an incident like this if the owner has a breakdown. The gun wasn't the cause, the vetting process for obtaining the legal firearm wasn't the cause. The person having the breakdown was the cause. I read the shooter targeted a former co-worker and that he had been laid off from his employment for some time. That's all I know so far.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
The only thing gun control will ever do is turn law abiding citizens into outlaws, I would rather be an outlaw than a corpse.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
This is being labeled as a mass shooting, but the mass appears to be from the police. Hope someone in the records department places an asterisk next to this one.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Tragic? Yup-check
Sad?-Yup-check
Condelences,prayers and thoughts out to the victims families?-Yup-check

*Copy and paste those regards for future use*

People are becoming numb to these events(thanks msm) and they are becoming so common place,that they arent a surprise anymore.

And things like this wont end.
Some people are just twisted,and they will always find ways to do things.
Guns or otherwise.
Maybe,people could stop putting these things in the spotlight,its almost as if the news treats these shooters as stars.
And give them immortality through all the coverage.
And maybe,just maybe,other twisted people wouldnt be inspired to do these things.
edit on 24-8-2012 by Black_Fox because: Spelling

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
reply to post by rottenrascals

Those are all arenas for violence; places and times when violence is accepted. What's happening here is pure chaos and horror. Being thrown into a gladiator arena and being shot while grocery shopping are two entirely different things.

No it's not chaos. You are totally overreacting and going overboard in my estimation.

I have never seen a shooting happen in real life, but I have been to almost every state in the Union, lived in various large cities, even in the ghettos. I have never seen actual gun violence up close in my 31 years of life on Earth.

And yet here you are claiming it's all chaos? What chaos?
1 out of a million people going nuts is NOT chaos, in fact, it's a 99.99% orderly situation.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join