It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiple People Reported Shot Near Empire State Building

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Multiple People Reported Shot Near Empire State Building

newyork.cbslocal.com

Multiple have been shot near the Empire State Building, CBS 2 has learned.

Initial reports indicate at least three people shot, although the details remain sketchy. There is a large police presence on the scene
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
What a world we live in. This is happening far too often. American society has many wonderfull aspects. But also it has its darkside- murder. I should say senseless murder. Of course the US is not alone either..ask Norway. Gun control..the problem I think is more media. Yes, guns are too available.

newyork.cbslocal.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+34 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Whoa Whoa Whoa. This took place in New York, not Texas. Guns are not regularly available here. New York gun control laws boil down to this: NO GUNS.

But that is besides the point. I don't see this as a sign of declining society. This is just caused by the fact that news can travel quicker and be seen by more people. Humans have been and always be violent. It entertains us.

Romans used to watch people each other in coliseums. Bare Knuckle boxing has been around in every culture. Hunting has always been a big part of human nature. We aren't getting more violent nor is society collapsing, The difference is these days violence is more socially unacceptable leading people to freak out when it does happen.

link   
This is happening way too much.

In the end, we will have no guns and there will be security EVERYWHERE.

There is currently a guy on the loose in a town near me that has threatened to copy cat James Holmes. This is ridiculous.

link   
reply to post by BlackProjects

To be fair to Norway, what happened with Breivik (which is what I'm presuming you refer to) was pretty much a blip. Norway always figures fairly low in 'crime league tables'.

+28 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Chicago and New York have some of the strictest gun control in the nation.
Yep. Taking guns from the average citizen is working just fine.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Transferring comment from duplicate thread because this one came first

And away we go. You know how you take a right away from a free people?

Eliminate their mental health system, make guns cheap and then wait for them to beg you to protect them from the crazies.

S&F and I pray that somebody gets to this shooter before he gets to anybody else.

Sad.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I think this is more about the location of the shooting that the shooting itself. New York City has around 500 homicides a year. If this happened in the slums, it wouldn't be national news. It's sad either way.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Link

Seems ABC news is the only one reporting that the shooter is dead. The rest say the shooter is in custody.

Scratch that, other news sources are updating with the gunman being dead as well.
edit on 24-8-2012 by tport17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Who's the joker?

tptb

"And here.....we.....go."

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by tport17

Fox news is saying one gunman has been taken into custody.

More than one shooter perhaps?

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by tport17
This is happening way too much.

In the end, we will have no guns and there will be security EVERYWHERE.

There is currently a guy on the loose in a town near me that has threatened to copy cat James Holmes. This is ridiculous.

People that abide by the law will have no guns, maybe.

But just like heroin, methamphetamine and coc aine.... people that break the law will do what they want to.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
LOL you beat me by one minute...good work

I'm curious to what the details will be once the dust clears.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by AlphaHawk

Sky News is saying that the gunman is dead...

Contradicting reports! RUN FOR THE HILLS

Seriously though, the last thing everyone needs is more saddening news

edit on 24-8-2012 by daaskapital because: eta

link   
Yeah..what's up? Shooter dead or in custody? Or multiple shooters?

link   
reply to post by AlphaHawk

Seeing as how this all happened less than an hour ago, I would give it some time before guessing how many shooters and victims there were. Chances are by the evening news, they will have a more complete story.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
It'll be interesting to see how this event unfolded. Whether it was gang activity, random, sovereign citizen, or hate group induced.These recent highly publicized shooting have taken on odd characteristics as of late.

link   

NEW YORK (AP) — New York City officials say several people have been shot outside the Empire State Building and that the gunman is dead.

City police say three or four civilians have been wounded in the Friday morning shooting and that the shooter is dead.

A fire department spokesman says it received a call about the shooting just after at 9 a.m. Friday and that emergency units were on the scene within minutes.

The spokesman had no information about how many people were wounded or their conditions. The shooting occurred at 34th Street and Fifth Avenue.

The shooter is dead according to this link
I haven't seen anything about a second shooter.
edit on 24-8-2012 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Thunder heart woman

You I suspect, actually.

You might think it's cool to be the "first" to come out and claim it's a conspiracy, but there are zero details and people are dead.

Show some respect.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by rottenrascals
Whoa Whoa Whoa. This took place in New York, not Texas. Guns are not regularly available here. New York gun control laws boil down to this: NO GUNS.

But that is besides the point. I don't see this as a sign of declining society. This is just caused by the fact that news can travel quicker and be seen by more people. Humans have been and always be violent. It entertains us.

Romans used to watch people each other in coliseums. Bare Knuckle boxing has been around in every culture. Hunting has always been a big part of human nature. We aren't getting more violent nor is society collapsing, The difference is these days violence is more socially unacceptable leading people to freak out when it does happen.

I was just thinking the same thing about the gun laws in the city. So hows that working out for you NY. See laws don't prevent bad people from doing illegal things....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join