Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Video (old) Interview about Africas role in the ancient world.

page: 1

join

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I just stumbled upon an video of a very very old interview between an american journalist and two African American scholars of some sort, this seems to have taken place during the national Black history month that takes place in February every year.
Anyways, they talk about ancient history of the world and the role of Africans in it, btw Egyptians are Africans too for those who remain ignorant.
These men had very interesting theories about the Olmec, Egypt, Religion and more.. it’s a good watch and whether you choose to believe it or not a lot of the things they say do make sense specially when you think of how minorities have and are still being treated by the westerners today.

Ps. Yes, some of it sounds way too far fetched but i found it intersting enough to do some research and see what one can find in the future.

Anyone care to discuss some of the things that were mentioned? (in a civilized and mature manner please)

Excuse the typos, i rushed this during my lunch-break (Nordic time)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Personally I think the ancient civilizations had far more contact than archaeologists give credit to. There are so many examples of similarities in religion, architecture, and societies that were separated by vast distances. I find it easily conceivable that the ancients explored, traded and communicated with each other.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I tend to believe theory that Pyramids were not built by the Eygptians but a civilisation predating them. Who they were is up for debate. Summrians, the anunaki, descendants from Atlantis. Theres no doubt that negros were around at the time of the eygptians pharoes although there is other evidence that shows europeans weres also in there present. I think Eygpt at the time of the Pharoes had a mixture of races that included europeans and negroes, and probably some others, and none of which built the pyramids. The civilsations who built them predates the pharoes. Thats my opinion.

edit on 24-8-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)
edit on 24-8-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Nice post op
And surely a topic we are only going to learn more about in the not too distant future.
I too am of the belief that civilisation developed long before mainstream archeology gives credit too

But something that has recently entered the equation is ( I forget the correct term ) but species collective learning
A recent study was conducted on monkeys with regards to use of tools and apparatus when eating and getting at hard to reach food
A small proportion of these primates discovered a method to 'get at' their food easier
This was mostly the younger generations, whom in turn passed in this new technique to the older generations,
However scientists noticed that even though the technique worked, it was only utilised by a small percentage of the group.
That was untill it reached a level within the group ( lets say 20% as I forget the true percentage ) then it became widely adopted, and to the researchers surprise ..........and this is what I'm getting at - other groups of primates on other islands nearby also began using the technique even though they had had no contact with the scientists 'test group'
There is now ongoing research and a growing belief that when, within a population, a certain percentage of that population attains a new skill or understanding it becomes a species wide development regardless of isolation from each other
Not too sure on the sciences or theories behind it ( life energies, genetic imprinted memories - something a little 'out there' as some would say ) but an interesting thought all the same

new topics

top topics

join