It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US 'should hand over footage of drone strikes or face UN inquiry'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   

US 'should hand over footage of drone strikes or face UN inquiry'

www.belfasttelegr aph.co.uk

His comments came as Pakistani officials said that a US drone strike had killed at least four militants after targeting their vehicles in North Waziristan on Sunday. Attacks by American unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) are deeply unpopular in the country, which claims they violate its sovereignty and fan anti-US sentiment.Only last week cricketer-turned-politician Imran Khan vowed to defy Taliban threats to attend a rally in Pakistan's tribal areas aimed at highlighting the human cost of US drone
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.thenews.com.pk
www.independent.co.uk
thetruthisnow.com

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
notice how their is complete media blackout on this But Anyways a quick recap The UN is forcing the U.S. to start an investigation into the use of drone strikes on militants in Pakistan and it is at the top of their issue list as well

All i can say is sit back and watch the fireworks because we are in for a show

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ninjas4321

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Wishful thinking excerpt ...who's gonna foot the bill?,

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I just don`t understand how the US continue to get away with all this.
They just seem to attack and invade any country they feel like.

I know it`s not the American public at fault but people have got to start speaking out against these atrocities.
ALL western governments are out of control.
I`m afraid this could all bring on WW3.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
It's pretty simple..Who can and who is going to fk with America..Not to be arrogant but they seem to back their talk..And their bark does have bite, as they can simply do as they please..only thing that could try and stop America is WW3..

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by SarnholeOntarable
Wishful thinking excerpt ...who's gonna foot the bill?,

Foot the bill for what? The investigation into every killing from a drone strike within a sovereign country with whom the US is not at war? That's a pretty simple answer, which should be self-evident. The US is responsible for proving that its actions were lawful, in the face of evidence any reasonable observer would say indicates otherwise. Unless that's not what you're asking... in which case, what do you mean?

If the situation were reversed, it would give the US more than enough justification (at least internally) to bomb Pakistan to its foundations, don't you think? A reasonable and measured response should be welcome here, as a more gutsy international community could hold the US government responsible, and take steps to remove them from power.

On top of that, if the US neither confirms, nor denies the existence of a drone program, wouldn't that make it difficult to go after someone who is targeting their drones? There could be no legal retaliation for the shooting down or hijacking of a drone. There could be no response beyond deployment of more drones, which may or may not exist.

Targeting of civilians inside another sovereign country is an act of war, isn't it? Does it matter how the US classifies the people it targets? I would think the international community should not care a bit that the US calls them combatants. If Pakistan considers the targeting of these people to be an act of War, then by international standards, the US has declared war on Pakistan (whether or not there was any "formal declaration"). If the US declared war (not some cheesy "combat operations" or "counter-terrorism activity" or whatever other side-stepping of the word war) on Pakistan on nothing more than Presidential orders, then the President has overstepped his authority, and needs to be removed and put on trial for the ultimate crime of waging a war of aggression. There's really very little grey area. The only thing at that point that separates the American public from responsibility in the affair is whether they willfully submit to international law (and to their own laws forbidding such power to the President), or whether they support the power taken by their government, in which case they are just as guilty.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ninjas4321
The UN is forcing the U.S. to start an investigation into the use of drone strikes on militants in Pakistan

They are? Just where is that stated?

how about the UN force Pakistan to stop harbouring the terrorists?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by lambros56
I just don`t understand how the US continue to get away with all this.
They just seem to attack and invade any country they feel like.

I know it`s not the American public at fault but people have got to start speaking out against these atrocities.
ALL western governments are out of control.
I`m afraid this could all bring on WW3.

To me is just a question about omission of public. They know the gov. is doing drone attacks and no protest is done against it... giving the gov a "free hand" to do whatever they want. And the same people get upset about the consequences later. I love the irony

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by spoor

It's always the same dangerously silly argument. The U.S. is a sovereign nation, bound to and held accountable by international law, terrorist organization are, per definition, criminals. If you apply for both the same standards, whats next, drone strikes on US policy makers?

edit on 24-8-2012 by talklikeapirat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
As was said in a recent interview

"Haqqani stated that the US should not expect the Pakistani authorities to drop their ties with radical Islamist militants.
"Equally unrealistic is that Pakistan will give up support for jihadi groups that it deems to be a sub-conventional force multiplier for regional influence," Haqqani said.

Pakistan will not turn on its proxy armies !
The Taliban and other prominent organisations in the area have the support of Pakistan as these groups help in regional disputes, such as with India and Kashmir the Hindu kush and others

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
The USA has the UN in it's pocket..not gonna happen
was proof laid before the general counsel regarding massacres committed by Syrian forces?
was proof laid before the general counsel regarding Iraq's WMD?
was proof laid before the general counsel regarding massacres commited by Libyan forces?
i could go on and on..

edit on 24-8-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by spoor

The UN is forcing the U.S. to start an investigation into the use of drone strikes on militants in Pakistan

They are? Just where is that stated?
how about the UN force Pakistan to stop harbouring the terrorists?
Thats certainly news if the UN is pushing US around
And moreoever, Pakistan is receiving money to support the 'war on terrorism'. Most of these drone strikes are called out by using ISI information/co-ordinates and operatives on the ground. How can you identify who is who?
I say they deserve it for harboring terrorists in that country
Its a big business to create the groups and use them to extort money from countries to fight against them.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Drone strikes in washington to level the playing field..

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
US wont go against it's own troops in these situations. They like policing themselves. They can do things like collateral murder and just get away with it.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

notice how their is complete media blackout on this But Anyways a quick recap The UN is forcing the U.S. to start an investigation into the use of drone strikes on militants in Pakistan and it is at the top of their issue list as well

All i can say is sit back and watch the fireworks because we are in for a show

This is great, too bad nothing will come out of it. For some reason it seems that no matter what the world community says or does...the U.S. will just keep doing whatever it wants. We are the terrible neighbors the world just has to deal with.

Sad that people in the U.S. really think they live in a model nation for all to drool over and wish for.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by all2human
reply to post by hp1229

Drone strikes in washington to level the playing field..
keep dreaming
Pakistan is not an ally. Its more so a liability at this point for the US

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

wow thats news to me,can you explain to me as you would to a six year old what the 'war on terror' is?
edit on 24-8-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I like the " they harbor terrorists" mentality...

Who exactly trained and armed these terrorists......
Oh I forgot.... we're not supposed to mention that

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Palestine isnt even recognized as a state, if i am not mistaken, by the United States. So ... whats the problem?

The US also does not recognize international law.
edit on 24-8-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join