It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

19 shot in overnight violence, 8 in one incident

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
arfter disscussion with mod this thread has been classed as a rant.

a rant is violent or aggressive writing or speech.

my thread has been classed as a rant.

i am not interested how ATS define RANT.

they cannot change the definition of 'rant.'

my OP is not violent or agressive writing. it was not a rant. it was to encourage discussion on the increasing and out of control gun violence in the US.

this will be left in the RANT forum. that has been deicided. i just want it know that i never intended this to be a rant. a violent and agressive piece of writing.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Honestly? You stack this up as people arming themselves causes this??

What about country's like Mexico, where citizens are not allowed to own guns? What about country's like Brazil, where the local gangs posses more hardware then the military, yet, surprise, the guns they are using are 100% illegal. What about El Salvador, one of the murder capitals of the world, where their gun laws are very strict?

Your argument doesn't hold up under honest scrutiny, especially when one looks at Switzerland, a country where all citizens who preform military service are allowed to take their assault rifles home with them. Where are the "mass shootings" in this country? Why does this country have one of the lowest gun-murder rates in the world?

Please explain me through this....

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

So explain why in Micheal Moores Movie 'Bowling for Columbine" IF you watched it all the way through,he made the point that despite Canada having 7 weapons for every person the gun violence is low there,Plus it wasn't the weapons that were the problem but the people getting ahold of them

.Is America violent? Yep, this is a social issue, not a gun control one.As our rights are being eroded and the citizens feel ever more out of control,and people have more trouble trying to find jobs, put food on the table, and get medical care, they become frustrated and they're emotions spiral out of control.Has nothing to do with maturity. It has everything to do with pot even being illegal, no jobs, little food and people on edge.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

In the thread below you will find the scary/sad stats about the Chicago violence...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TarzanBeta
It is called mutually assured destruction. I'm sure you have heard of it.

I myself do not own any firing weapons.

And I would LOVE to see everyone in the entire world destroy every weapon that exists.

But as long as there is one human being with a weapon, then everyone must have access to a weapon. It is not a matter of trust. It is a matter of reality. You cannot trust someone when the only thing you know about them is that they have a weapon. When one carries a weapon, they are saying, "I am ready." So when you carry a weapon, you are responded, "I am ready, too." It is a deterrent.

I would like to point out to you that these shootings are taking place against people that have no weapons!

You do not see these people going boldly into areas where people are heavily armed to carry out their destruction. Why? Because they would fail... immediately.

Weapons I hate. But in this world, a world in which you yourself will never be able to reason all 7 billion people to destroy all of their weapons, it is imperative that you have SOME way of defending your family, your friends, and yourself.

Defend is the operative word here. And only in justice and also mercy. Mercy for everyone around you that you have the courage to defend them with your life. Justice in that the one who lived by the sword will also perish by it.

If all the people with love and reason laid down their arms, in this particular world, they would all be slaughtered and demolished and all that would be left is people who are hateful and violent. Then mankind would have demoted itself to the status of "animal" at best.

These shootings are, in fact, revealing as to the status of the world and the bigger picture. It's a bold statement; it is a taunting gesture. It is a finger in our faces, stiff yet shaky, white from the clench of its fist. It is saying, "Go ahead. Believe you are invulnerable. Continue in your arrogance and your self-esteem. Keep playing your games and continue mocking wisdom. Give me an excuse to make an example of blood out of you."

Think for a minute that you are one of those human beings that was shot dead by these hateful and violent monsters, following whatever agenda of which they have been thoroughly convinced out of the loathing in their hearts. Imagine you are one of those people with a bullet lodged in their brain. Imagine yet if you will that you are one of the survivors with bullets lodged in your back, your legs, your arms, your neck, your stomach; imagine that just seconds before you were seemingly innocent, pain-free, enjoying whatever you desired...

You are in pain. You are suffering greatly. Yes, if I had been there and I had a weapon and I saw the fool begin to fire on my fellow human beings; yes, I would do you the favor of shooting him or her right between the eyeballs.

Because the murderer of humanity is not human to me. So to kill that murderous animal is not murder, but salvation for my brothers and sisters in the flesh.

Be reasonable. Understand that we do not yet live in a world made perfect.

We need weapons to ensure the safety of the peaceful as long as there are monsters with weapons.

In response to any ideas concerning legislation; remember that if the people of the world have no weapons and their governments and the military which they control do have weapons, then remember that would be okay if the government was always benign. However, what a power that government is. WHAT A POWER. And that power --will-- fall into the hands of someone very evil.

Then you can say goodbye to goodness for a very long time.

Weapons are a necessity (a necessity that is taught and learned with fear in our hearts and tears in our eyes, for us who love), most importantly as a deterrent against instigators, for ensured length of life for the peaceful and all who love peace.

^^ THIS exactly. I dont mind quoting the whole thing because you all should read this again... repeatedly... OP I understand what you are getting at, but that is just not a realistic worldview. Gun owners arent living in fear, they are living in reality. In the world we live in there are bad people, and there are guns, they arent going away... Thats why we have the second amendment. Its a responsibility thing. As a responsible citizen I want the right to defend myself and my family. This world is far too crazy of a place for me to put my trust in the police force. I dont fear the bad guys, i fear being helpless to defend myself. Thats why I own guns.
The problem isnt the guns, its the state of our society. Our society and the PEOPLE composing it has degraded to the point that this is an issue. Until we get to the heart of the issue - the people behind the crimes - nothing will change.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by spacejosh

uh of course not. but you missed the point
you ARE so scared, it must be terrible to exist like that.

I AM so scared? It must be "terrible"? No.

I exist just fine.

Is it irritating to have to put up with crap and "exist like this"? Yes.

you live you die but don't go around pointing fingers,
and acting like its all those low class people messing it up

Acting like what? Acting like I'm sick and tired of loud-mouthed jerks?
They are messing it up.
I have no idea what your issue is.....

look in the mirror my friend

Clearly not "your friend"

oh and your no safer with a gun
Uh, yes, I am safer with a gun.

just more likely to kill someone.

If they threaten my life? Yep. I might.

You have a very skewed impression, but...I'm used to that. I guess I'm too complicated for people to really 'get' me.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

arfter disscussion with mod this thread has been classed as a rant.

a rant is violent or aggressive writing or speech.

my thread has been classed as a rant.

Yep. Good!

I didn't even realize that when I made my last post to this rant thread.

Rant.
Whatever.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join