It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

19 shot in overnight violence, 8 in one incident

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

You need to hand over the weapons before you can progress as a society. Trust. Let go of the fear.
(It will be hard becuase you have been brainwashed to trust no-one since you have been a child. Problem is you are still children.)

....And with one small comment. The war had begun.

Mike

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by TiredofControlFreaks
reply to post by spacejosh

why would you class someone who shoots another person for no reason as a "good citizen" instead of classing them as a criminal?

Your comment makes no sense whatsoever!

Tired of Control
what im saying is that the shootings are what makes them criminals.its the guns that are the enabler. good guy gets gun goes nuts= bad guy get it

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacejosh
as i was posting there was another shooting in NY amazing
these are examples of CRIMINALS legally getting weapons and committing horrible crimes.
so all you guys claiming its the criminals with guns who cause the trouble and your just protecting yourself,WTF
why are you "good guys" killing everybody?

...fixed that for ya!

and thank you so much for proving that criminals are the ones committing these horrible crimes.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Anyone think gangs and drugs being illegal but a valued income source might be the problem with the majority of gun crime?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

as i was posting there was another shooting in NY amazing
these are examples of regular people legally getting weapons and committing horrible crimes.
so all you guys claiming its the criminals with guns who cause the trouble and your just protecting yourself,WTF
why are you "good guys" killing everybody?

Well, I have no idea just what might be causing so many people to go homicidal and kill each other lately, but I personally find it almost funny to hear people blame guns as if the gun influenced someone's mind to cause a crime to occur which never would have otherwise. Hmm... Well, guns are some people's weapon of choice. Then again, it's one of many....

Citizen with gun credited with halting Utah stabbing spree

3 victims in San Francisco Stabbing spree

Middle School Principle accused in stabbing rampage (They called this one a rampage... USA Today can be colorful with the wording at times..)

Finally, who can forget the most infamous non-gun homicide recently?

Causeway Cannibal NOT High on Bath Salts (That maniac was stone cold sober, according to medical examiner reports.)

So, with all due respect to the opinions of others on the issue of guns.... Not only is it my absolute right and ...absolute IS the term after DC vs. Heller, it's my good common sense to protect myself and my family with my right to carry a weapon under my CCW permit.

Unarmed folk make a personal choice, but it sure limits my sympathy when it was a choice and then the worst happens....to find them 100% unable to mount even a basic defense.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

3 victims in San Francisco Stabbing spree right and if the kids at columbine only had knives or colorado or arizona or all the rest you made my point for me take away the guns in the equation and you take away they people getting shot.
so its your right to bare arms get over it.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

3 victims in San Francisco Stabbing spree right and if the kids at columbine only had knives or colorado or arizona or all the rest you made my point for me take away the guns in the equation and you take away they people getting shot.

Your example is incredible....and not very well researched. Columbine High School was entirely about firearms only for the media stories and idiots like Michael Moore to make political points over. That was agenda driven like nothing I've seen since the Stockton Schoolyard Shootings.

The fact is, they used...or intended to use...explosives as 90+% of their killing power at Columbine High School. Thankfully for what likely would have been the entire school with everyone in it...given the number, placement and power levels of the bombs, those two couldn't manage to set them up right to actually explode when needed. The damage they could do with the guns they also happened to bring was very limited by comparison, although still a horror....no question.

Using it as an example for the virtues of gun control is absurd though. Utah allows teachers to carry legally permitted weapons into their classrooms. When was the last major school shooting you heard about in that state? It's not as fun, apparently, when a shooter can be fairly certain someone...and no ideas who....will shoot them in short order.

There were a total of 99 explosive devices found during the Columbine Investigation. 97 of those were found at the school, in the suspects’ cars, and in their homes.
99 Improvised Explosive Devices w/ locations discovered at Columbine

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
What I find amusing is how the OP calls those who have legally purchased weapons and are law abiding citizens...brainwashed.

When the OP is clearly the victim of such. I'm sure that we all would be living in a perfect Utopia if they had their way.

And if you disagree with the vision of that Utopia, off to the camps with you.

The OP's own article points out why gun ownership is on the rise in the US. People are sick of being the victim.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

I'm watching the news on the N.Y. shooting...word is it was a robbery...sounds like more bad guys to me....

Des

it was not a robbery. get the facts before spreading rumours.

just another gun owner who snapped

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

Some people have gun collections worth many thousands of dollars. Just turn them in ?

Then only the "officials" will have guns. How's that working in Mexico?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum

Originally posted by Destinyone

I'm watching the news on the N.Y. shooting...word is it was a robbery...sounds like more bad guys to me....

Des

it was not a robbery. get the facts before spreading rumours.

just another gun owner who snapped

Those were the facts...at the time I posted.....sheesh....

Des

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

no, there were never facts . they were rumours.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Let me get this straight, you want me to trust inner city people and all the gang bangers while I "give up my guns" when they most certainly would not do the same?
You're the one who needs a reality check.
It's a very tiny minority of people using guns to commit violence using weapons that are often illegally purchased.
guns aren't the problem, people are.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

so all those kids got shot with bombs huh? whatever go clean your gun

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
No, this is what happens when society places too much rigid rules and control onto people that don't allow for individuality and individual expression. Eventually some people will snap. Especially in a stressful environment such as a city.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I'll give up my weapons as soon as all the militaries across the world give theirs up. I'm pretty good with chemicals still. No worries here.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Let me see if I got this right.

You want people to live according to your worldview...right?

Reality does not work that way.

Most gun owners are more than happy to let you live your life according to your own needs.

But apparently, you are not happy with letting us live according to ours.

Sounds familier, like Soviet Russia, Nazi Germany, Pol Pot, Peoples Republic of China, etc, etc.

But I guess you're good with that?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

How is this anti-self defense? Either everybody should be armed, or nobody. Armed idiots are a bad thing, the best way to protect against them is to have a well trained and well armed citizenry. When everybody has a gun, gun violence becomes near nonexistent.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
When I heard on the news there was another mass shooting, I thought they were talking about this. But then I realized the media doesn't care about Chicago.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Your original statement:

Now you suggested something might have been different if the killers at Columbine didn't have access to guns. My point was that their intention wasn't a shooting attack. They had the home made bombs to essentially level the school and kill most, if not all of the people there......at least on paper and that seems to be as far as their intelligence could take them since they didn't blow up.

So... Their not having firearms may or may not have changed a thing...given that it wasn't their focus, probably wouldn't have changed much in terms of them killing people. Perhaps it would have been hunting knives, crossbows or a variety of other deadly weapons......with their 99 homemade bombs. Those kids were just off the deep end and going to kill people.

It actually is fair to note though, if Colorado allowed properly permitted teachers to carry their firearms in class, like Utah does, a member of the staff may have been able to stop those two before so many..or perhaps ANY..children were killed. More than one school shooting has been ended or averted by the intervention of others with weapons.

As long as nut cases exist, they have to be dealt with somehow..... Some my use harsh language. I simply plan to shoot them if I'm forced into that by a criminal. To each their own.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join