It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

19 shot in overnight violence, 8 in one incident

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
19 shot in overnight violence, 8 in one incident (Updated at 06:11 AM today) [abclocal.go.com] (thank you omeglogos)

August 24, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police are searching for a person who shot and wounded eight people in one incident on the South Side at 79th and Kingston.

Two of the victims are 14- and 15-year-olds; both are at Comer Children's Hospital being treated for gunshot wounds. One of them was shot in the arm. Another was shot in the back of the neck.

These multiple shooting incidents are becoming the norm now.

THis is what happens when you allow society to arm itself. There can be only one outcome.

People need to act urgently before the US spirals into a bloodbath.

There is no trust in the US. People will not surrender their weapons because they cant trust each other.

Its a perfect example of a society on the brink of collapse.

The same folk will come here and trot out the same old excuses to justify arming themselves. Before you do that, maybe take a moment to think a little differently. Would it be possible that you could do that. Try to think differently. Before you resort to the same old justifications, think about where this is all going to end?

You need to hand over the weapons before you can progress as a society. Trust. Let go of the fear.
(It will be hard becuase you have been brainwashed to trust no-one since you have been a child. Problem is you are still children.)

edit on 24-8-2012 by lacrimaererum because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-8-2012 by lacrimaererum because: fix link

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I agree, but the link doesnt work.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Unfortunately OP I think this will fall on deaf ears.

On ATS I've come to expect the following retort when it comes to overwhelming and senseless gun violence in the US:

"Well someone died in a car accident last night too...should we ban cars now?!"

OR

"Well Obama planned this so he could take our guns away!!!"

No point in trying to reason with such enthusiastic ignorance

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum
abclocal.go.com.../local&id=8784960

THis is what happens when you allow society to arm itself. There can be only one outcome.

There is no trust in the US. People will not surrender their weapons because they cant trust each other.

The same folk will come here and trot out the same old excuses to justify arming themselves. Before you do that, maybe take a moment to think a little differently. Would it be possible that you could do that. Try to think differently. Before you resort to the same old justifications, think about where this is all going to end?

You need to hand over the weapons before you can progress as a society. Trust. Let go of the fear.
(It will be hard becuase you have been brainwashed to trust no-one since you have been a child. Problem is you are still children.)

I don't think it has anything to do with society allowing people to arm themselves. They can arm themselves with or without the help of societies laws.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   

No, it is not becoming the norm now. It is being reported in the news more. Remember, this is an election year, and anti-self defense bozos are out in full force.

Like in this thread.

/TOA

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

Oh really??

I was under the impression that Chicago lead the US in enacting firearms control legislation.

What went wrong there??

edit on 24-8-2012 by Perhaps because: typo

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Explanation: Fixing broken link ...

19 shot in overnight violence, 8 in one incident (Updated at 06:11 AM today) [abclocal.go.com]

Personal Disclosure: I carry my weapon at all times .. I trust it so much it sleeps ON the pillow ... not under it.

Just try take my brain away! :shk:

My condolences to the victims of these tragedies.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I'm amused. The people of Chicago are disarmed. There are no legal weapons carried by the citizens of Chicago on the streets in Chicago.

The truth is this, the shootings you list are a direct result of criminals, in illegal possession of firearms, killing law abiding innocents who have no legal right to carry a firearm to defend themselves against the lawless vermin.

This is the exact issue and it is great you point it out so eloquently. Chicago has no concealed carry law. The citizens have been disarmed for years. Yet these shootings continue.

You see, when you take firearms from those who can legally have them, you do not restrict the criminal in the slightest.

It is a common understanding in the world of those law abiding citizens who legally own and carry firearms that one of the most favored arenas for a criminal to wantonly kill innocents is where firearms are prohibited.

edit on 24-8-2012 by smokenmirrors because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Chicago leads the country in gun control. And no, not nearly everyone is armed. That's the problem. If more people were armed, shootings like this would be much more rare.

We are not a society of government subjects. We are free people with the god given right to defend ourselves with deadly force. Whether it be from the government or criminals who are going to have guns and kill people regardless of the law.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   

No. They are just reported more frequently to sensationalize and divide.

No, this is what happens when gang violence in extremely poor communities escalates due to social problems.

No this is a perfect example of the south side of Chicago.

Ok, lets all give up our weapons and when the SHTF we can all pretend it isn't real. Maybe we could have a prayer circle and sing Kumbaya?

You need to hand over the weapons before you can progress as a society.

So what you are saying is that society cannot progress with weapons? Please read some history books. I think you will find that many significant developments in science, medicine, and technology come from conflict.

It will be hard becuase you have been brainwashed to trust no-one since you have been a child. Problem is you are still children

No it will be impossible, not because we are brainwashed but rather it is a Constitutional Right to keep and bear arms!

Murder begins where self-defense ends.
Georg Buchner

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

More and more people are gunned down every day and you want to take away their chance of defense? Luckily for people like you there still ate people willing to fight for the constitution. That amendment was put there for our protection. I hope the day never comes when you find yourself at the mercy of a psychopath defenseless as he shoots everyone around while you preach to him about the danger of guns.

They're dangerous, no #, but they're a necessary evil. Learn to use one instead of complaining.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Guns can be made from scratch easily. So then what
The us has a corrupt government that needs to be ovrrthrown too. Hows that gona happpen without guns?

The southside of chicago is also not exactly typical of the rest of the country. Worst part of town. the cops almost shot my dad for running a yellow light there once. Very corrupt police. Lots of gang activity. Lots of drugs. Abandoned buildings everywhere. Roads that occasionally turn into 10 foot deep holes as you drive over them. They even have streets that are closed at night, signs that say "mayor richard daley", and nobody even bothers to close the gates on the streets that are closed at night or othereise enforce it at all. Shootings and robberies on a DAILY basis
edit on 24-8-2012 by phroziac because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by redbarron626
Ok, lets all give up our weapons and when the SHTF we can all pretend it isn't real. Maybe we could have a prayer circle and sing Kumbaya?

the fear and paranoia i was talking about.

the weapons industry loves this. loves it.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   

I grew up in a very rough neighborhood and I can tell you from experience that the criminals NEVER have a shortage of weapons.The only people that aren't armed are pretty much regular citizens.

The more 'gun control' we enact in this country, the fewer law abiding citizens that have guns.
Let me repeat that for you....
The more 'gun control' we enact in this country, the fewer law abiding citizens that have guns.

Notice I didn't say anything about criminals not having guns.Because indeed they do.And it has been shown that in certain counties where laws were passed making it mandatory for citizens to carry guns, crime dropped.

Nothing will make a thug think faster about robbing you or hurting you than wondering if your armed! Mind you THEY don't want to get hurt from committing a crime!

Now how do I know all this? Well out of my neighborhood full of young teenage boys,all but 3 ended up in prison!And I used to hear them boast and laugh about what they did to they're latest victim when growing up.But whine about someone stopping them or having to pay for what they did.

Gun control isn't gun control.It stops no crime from being committed.It only keeps guns in the hands of thugs and leaves the rest of the population unarmed.
I think every person that would be legal to arm should be,and have to take classes on how to properly handle a gun..Then after that ,if they choose not to carry,thats up to them.

Thats my two cents anyway.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   

19 shot in overnight violence, 8 in one incident (Updated at 06:11 AM today) [abclocal.go.com] (thank you omeglogos)

August 24, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police are searching for a person who shot and wounded eight people in one incident on the South Side at 79th and Kingston.

Two of the victims are 14- and 15-year-olds; both are at Comer Children's Hospital being treated for gunshot wounds. One of them was shot in the arm. Another was shot in the back of the neck.

edit on 24-8-2012 by lacrimaererum because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-8-2012 by lacrimaererum because: fix link

You sir a a #ING IDIOT!! Chicago has a ban on ALL FIREARMS, and this will happen EVERYWHERE in the USA if a gun ban is enacted. Idiot moran

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
It is called mutually assured destruction. I'm sure you have heard of it.

I myself do not own any firing weapons.

And I would LOVE to see everyone in the entire world destroy every weapon that exists.

But as long as there is one human being with a weapon, then everyone must have access to a weapon. It is not a matter of trust. It is a matter of reality. You cannot trust someone when the only thing you know about them is that they have a weapon. When one carries a weapon, they are saying, "I am ready." So when you carry a weapon, you are responded, "I am ready, too." It is a deterrent.

I would like to point out to you that these shootings are taking place against people that have no weapons!

You do not see these people going boldly into areas where people are heavily armed to carry out their destruction. Why? Because they would fail... immediately.

Weapons I hate. But in this world, a world in which you yourself will never be able to reason all 7 billion people to destroy all of their weapons, it is imperative that you have SOME way of defending your family, your friends, and yourself.

Defend is the operative word here. And only in justice and also mercy. Mercy for everyone around you that you have the courage to defend them with your life. Justice in that the one who lived by the sword will also perish by it.

If all the people with love and reason laid down their arms, in this particular world, they would all be slaughtered and demolished and all that would be left is people who are hateful and violent. Then mankind would have demoted itself to the status of "animal" at best.

These shootings are, in fact, revealing as to the status of the world and the bigger picture. It's a bold statement; it is a taunting gesture. It is a finger in our faces, stiff yet shaky, white from the clench of its fist. It is saying, "Go ahead. Believe you are invulnerable. Continue in your arrogance and your self-esteem. Keep playing your games and continue mocking wisdom. Give me an excuse to make an example of blood out of you."

Think for a minute that you are one of those human beings that was shot dead by these hateful and violent monsters, following whatever agenda of which they have been thoroughly convinced out of the loathing in their hearts. Imagine you are one of those people with a bullet lodged in their brain. Imagine yet if you will that you are one of the survivors with bullets lodged in your back, your legs, your arms, your neck, your stomach; imagine that just seconds before you were seemingly innocent, pain-free, enjoying whatever you desired...

You are in pain. You are suffering greatly. Yes, if I had been there and I had a weapon and I saw the fool begin to fire on my fellow human beings; yes, I would do you the favor of shooting him or her right between the eyeballs.

Because the murderer of humanity is not human to me. So to kill that murderous animal is not murder, but salvation for my brothers and sisters in the flesh.

Be reasonable. Understand that we do not yet live in a world made perfect.

We need weapons to ensure the safety of the peaceful as long as there are monsters with weapons.

In response to any ideas concerning legislation; remember that if the people of the world have no weapons and their governments and the military which they control do have weapons, then remember that would be okay if the government was always benign. However, what a power that government is. WHAT A POWER. And that power --will-- fall into the hands of someone very evil.

Then you can say goodbye to goodness for a very long time.

Weapons are a necessity (a necessity that is taught and learned with fear in our hearts and tears in our eyes, for us who love), most importantly as a deterrent against instigators, for ensured length of life for the peaceful and all who love peace.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
OP, I dont agree or see your points on gun control at all. Like other posters have said, guns are banned in Chicago and since they are banned like you seem to want them to be, then why and how did these people get shot?????

Because CRIMINALS DO NOT ABIDE by the LAWS!! If guns were not banned in Chicago, maybe the law abiding citizens would have a chance of not dying by being able to defend themselves.

This thread is a perfect example of why gun control does not work. Thanks for bringing it to light OP.
edit on 8/24/12 by kennylee because: spelling

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
When you outlaw guns

Only outlaws will have guns

WELL DUH!!!! Point made

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   

people will lay down arms when others stop finding the need to think they should control or subjugate other humans. LET'S PASS MORE LEGISLATION BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT WE NEED.

The only thing my gun has ever been aimed at has been table fair.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

I am originally from Chicago. I knew there always was a higher body count there compared to other cities. What I wondered was, are they just pointing out now what has always been the norm for some political purpose or, are there some covert operations to do drive-bys to make it appear that some other than legal action should be justified...perhaps disarm Chicago citizens altogether? I guess what I wonder is why since the new mayor got in is this news suddenly national news and is this an increase in shootings or the same as usual but now getting the national spotlight?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join