It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Controlled Personality Division

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I will admit, that this thread was created because 4 years ago, after much thought, I ended a 10 year experimental period of my life, which utilized narcotics as a catalyst of self-discovery.

I delved deep into my psyche, using any type of mind altering substance that I could, in order to test the limits of my own mind, the playground that we were all born into, our proverbial 'native operating system.'

I found out, that, after some time, I started to notice a shift in the clear-cut route of normal thinking.

I noticed that various ways of thinking, and indeed, 'personalities' began to emerge.

Although these 'personalities' differentiated themselves from my base personality, they remained within my control.

From a young age, we are taught that a human with 'multiple personalities' is somebody who is to be stigmatized, a broken arm of evolution that somehow made a mistake.

We are brain-washed into believing that somebody who develops and farms these 'personalities' has no evident control over them, and all in all, is creating nothing more than a character that has a name, or maybe another accent.

What if the division of the mind could actually open up latent areas of knowledge and easier ways of understanding the world?

What if a new 'operating system' could be created and used, one that had a far more advanced way of re-routing information in the brain, hence, creating a faster way of structuring and organizing information?

Can a Human deliberately divide his or her mind so that brain activity can be sped up?

Can a new 'personality' with a new outlook on the world dominate in areas like education so that the base brain can take advantage of it's talents?

I ask now, that, if these various 'personalities' can be controlled, could they in fact be advantageous to the individual who owns them?

If the human were, for instance, a student at university, could he or she go to school each day, with a new 'personality' that owns it's own history, it's own outlook, it's own unique accent, it's own inventory of likes and dislikes, so that it may interact with the world in a manner which may never have been possible if the original 'personality' had remained as the sole 'operating system'?

I thank you all in advance.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Can a Human deliberately divide his or her mind so that brain activity can be sped up?

I tried an experiment and yes,the activity is a constant motion...hit the pineal once in a while.Bzzz.
I tried a thread earlier about this stuff and got wiped out for lack of misunderstanding.
edit on 24-8-2012 by SarnholeOntarable because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I find your post interesting. So I'm taking it as, in a nutshell, you can use multiple personalities to experience your environment in different ways, and therefore, have a much broader perspective of the world around you.

The only possible downfall I can see to this is that there might be a possibility of information overload? Too much stimuli? On that note, this may be why some (not all) people with multiple personality disorders are deemed as 'unstable'...because the amount of information received is significantly higher than others, in an attempt to satisfy each personality.
I might be looking way too much into this, but interesting nonetheless.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brad-H
I find your post interesting. So I'm taking it as, in a nutshell, you can use multiple personalities to experience your environment in different ways, and therefore, have a much broader perspective of the world around you.

Exactly what I was getting at.

Thank you for understanding and adding your input.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brad-H

The only possible downfall I can see to this is that there might be a possibility of information overload? Too much stimuli? On that note, this may be why some (not all) people with multiple personality disorders are deemed as 'unstable'...because the amount of information received is significantly higher than others, in an attempt to satisfy each personality.
I might be looking way too much into this, but interesting nonetheless.

I have heard that this can bring late-onset Epilepsy upon a grown brain.

The over-stimuli of the brain and it's sub-sections can manifest as a seizure.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
if it was so great being possessed by different personalities then why did you stop? I mean if you really want my opinon, which I don't believe you do since you're a delusional druggie, it's people like you who would claim that psychotic episodes are cool and should be desired. In fact, you sound a lot like the dummy who supposedly opened fire on a theater full of innocents while under the influence of altered states of reality. I'm sure that he also probably spouted off about how inspirational drugs are and how absolutely super duper insanity is.
edit on 24-8-2012 by chizeled because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by chizeled
if it was so great being possessed by different personalities then why did you stop? I mean if you really want my opinon, it's people like you who would claim that psychotic episodes are cool and should be desired. In fact, you sound a lot like the dummy who supposedly opened fire on a theater full of innocents while under the influence of altered states of reality.

Don't be so under-developed and un-educated in your thinking/criticism.
I was talking about a controlled division of the mind, used for beneficial purposes.

Your attack is what is wrong with the mainstream world.

There is no right or wrong when it comes to the discovery of one's own personality, only in it's use.
To explore is to learn, and to learn is to rise above preconceived notions of reality.

You'll never see me killing anybody, because I value life.

Should you ever deem yourself curious, you'll no doubt explore your own mind, too.

Until then, you're as bland and as mindless as any other robotic human out there.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Unrealised

The only problem i see here is conflicting information.

Personality A would prefer a chili dog..whereas personality B would much prefer a Hotdog with ketchup on it.

Catch my drift?
Mike

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsyMike91

Personality A would prefer a chili dog..whereas personality B would much prefer a Hotdog with ketchup on it.

Catch my drift?
Mike

If I was using personality 'A' to absorb lecture information better, I wouldn't be thinking of Hot-Dogs with Personality 'B' , but I get what you're saying.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

What if a new 'operating system' could be created and used, one that had a far more advanced way of re-routing information in the brain, hence, creating a faster way of structuring and organizing information?

I'm sure there is a way to do it. Monarch Programming i.e. MKUltra is an example of this,
although maybe not quite the direction you were heading. However, the CIA figured out
that through trauma-based programming they could cause a person's personality to
split into alters and that there is no limit as to how many alternative personalities can
be created. These people usually develop photographic memories as well as some
psychic abilities. They would be implanted with certain beliefs about themselves that
would give them seemingly super-human powers. A person can accomplish amazing
things when they have no fear. Or believe they possess certain qualities.

The CIA scientists came to understand that our brains are computers. They can
be programmed just like computers. Partitioned just like computers. Files can be
hidden only to be called up with the correct code or password...just like computers.
Files/memories can be deleted just like computers. Our brains can even be wiped
clean/reformatted...just like computers.

Imagine if this knowledge (which can be traced as far back as the Egyptians) had
passed into the right hands and was used for good (like you suggest) instead
of for the benefit of just a few at the expense of the many? I like to think that
somewhere, exactly that has happened. That somewhere someone took this knowledge
and is using it for the betterment of humanity and our evolution.

If the human were, for instance, a student at university, could he or she go to school each day, with a new 'personality' that owns it's own history, it's own outlook, it's own unique accent, it's own inventory of likes and dislikes, so that it may interact with the world in a manner which may never have been possible if the original 'personality' had remained as the sole 'operating system'?

That would certainly make things interesting! It'd be like every single day was brand new.
Think of all the prejudices we develop from one day to the next. Or that we carry around
from one day to the next, or week to week, month to month. All of it fear-based.
Every time we see or do something we bring the past into it. Our understanding of
everything is based on what we learned in the past. So what happens if we never have
a past?

edit on 24-8-2012 by orbitbaby because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by orbitbaby

Wonderful post.

Indeed, the brain is a computer, and it is by controlled 'hacking' that will bring about understanding.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

uh huh, so you think that anyone who doesn't agree that narcotics and schizophrenia are healthy is dumber than you...I don't care if you choose depravity and suffer the consequences but encouraging others to embrace insanity is just a symptom of your illness.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unrealised

Catch my drift?
Mike

If I was using personality 'A' to absorb lecture information better, I wouldn't be thinking of Hot-Dogs with Personality 'B' , but I get what you're saying.

lolol had quite a laugh at this one.

Yes i understand that the two would be used in the aspect of information gathering, which in my honest opinion, would be astounding.

but in obvious rights there are still "bugs" i guess, to work out with this idea.

Say you study religion to become a biblical scholar and you're also taking something in the realm of Earth science or early History. The two could counter sway each other and well....the personality with the better ego and more confidence would win, whether the information was more logical/factual or not.

Just my thoughts,
Mike

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by chizeled

uh huh, so you think that anyone who doesn't agree that narcotics and schizophrenia are healthy is dumber than you...I don't care if you choose depravity and suffer the consequences but encouraging others to embrace insanity is just a symptom of your illness.

I'm not endorsing narcotics or any kind of unhealthy schizophrenia.

The same kind of mind-play can be achieved via spiritual or theological means, via psychological influence using a trained professional.

I am endorsing the exploration of the mind, the mining of sub-sections of the psyche.

I am endorsing curiosity.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

lolol had quite a laugh at this one.

Yes i understand that the two would be used in the aspect of information gathering, which in my honest opinion, would be astounding.

but in obvious rights there are still "bugs" i guess, to work out with this idea.

Say you study religion to become a biblical scholar and you're also taking something in the realm of Earth science or early History. The two could counter sway each other and well....the personality with the better ego and more confidence would win, whether the information was more logical/factual or not.

Just my thoughts,
Mike

This is where the control element comes in.

The individual must learn to separate his/her personalities when needed, or at least use them both harmoniously.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

The amount of eccentricity in a society has generally been proportional to the amount of genius, mental vigor, and moral courage it contained. That so few now dare to be eccentric marks the chief danger of the time. John Stuart Mill

I don't get it. Shouldn't we actively be pursuing the development of many personalities

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

I do get what you're conveying, and im not getting standoffish what so ever.

But....how do you propose the experiment to be converted into a controlled experiment...

Do you intend to be a lab rat for about five or six years to see if this actually pans out? and not to discredit your claim, but as of right now, even though you may have tested it, this idea is strictly theory and nothing more until someone that is more experienced in this realm decides to conduct a test, on a subject. Not his/her self.

If proven, then theory becomes factual yet even as you did, i really do not see anyone that would come forth to willingly fry their psyche in this manner.

Mike

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

I do get what you're conveying, and im not getting standoffish what so ever.

But....how do you propose the experiment to be converted into a controlled experiment...

Do you intend to be a lab rat for about five or six years to see if this actually pans out? and not to discredit your claim, but as of right now, even though you may have tested it, this idea is strictly theory and nothing more until someone that is more experienced in this realm decides to conduct a test, on a subject. Not his/her self.

If proven, then theory becomes factual yet even as you did, i really do not see anyone that would come forth to willingly fry their psyche in this manner.

Mike

It has been tested, many times in the past, although for both good and bad reasons.

I am implying that the individual can conduct this course of action (carefully) whilst (for instance) keeping their G.P informed on their progress (if they so desire).

We shouldn't be afraid to branch out, to manipulate and explore our minds, as thousands of individuals have over the millenniums.

Great discoveries come (often) from the layman, the untrained yet highly motivated person, who is not afraid to be laughed at by his so called 'superiors.' His or her curiosity and un-biassed take on the subject may be what is needed to make gigantic leaps in the profession.

The keeping of a journal is crucial,for it gathers information and personal insight so that the outsider can develop an understanding of the matters that are relevant.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

And if this person succumbs to madness??

There is no quick way out your own head expect death, and im sure whomever is conducting this experiment by themselves would surely be drawn into insanity.

Mike

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

And if this person succumbs to madness??

There is no quick way out your own head expect death, and im sure whomever is conducting this experiment by themselves would surely be drawn into insanity.

Mike

Madness is the outcome of an obviously un-prepared and un-disciplined individual.

Baby-steps are key.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join