It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's Ballistic Missiles: A Force to be Reckoned With

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Pretty much. I'm much more interested in their stealth fighter technologies and how much is real and what is smoke and mirror. They show off their planes a bit too much, Sun Tzu says to make your enemy look where you want. If you are weak, pretend to be strong.

Having a Stealth Fighter that can be detected by IR-LIGHT is WORTHLESS! The F/A-22 Raptor used a very advanced EM manipulation Tech. that eliminates IR-Light Tracking.

The Chinese Stealth Craft do not have this and their Stealth is not all that Stealthy...still...we could track their IR Emissions very easily and blow them out of the sky. You are right! They talk too much about their Fighter.
Split Infinity

Exactly my point. It makes me wonder why they are trying to put the worthless fighter in the limelight.

I surmise they either want to make it seem tougher than it is, or they are using it to divert attention from their real plans. No sure which.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Pretty much. I'm much more interested in their stealth fighter technologies and how much is real and what is smoke and mirror. They show off their planes a bit too much, Sun Tzu says to make your enemy look where you want. If you are weak, pretend to be strong.

Having a Stealth Fighter that can be detected by IR-LIGHT is WORTHLESS! The F/A-22 Raptor used a very advanced EM manipulation Tech. that eliminates IR-Light Tracking.

The Chinese Stealth Craft do not have this and their Stealth is not all that Stealthy...still...we could track their IR Emissions very easily and blow them out of the sky. You are right! They talk too much about their Fighter.
Split Infinity

Exactly my point. It makes me wonder why they are trying to put the worthless fighter in the limelight.

I surmise they either want to make it seem tougher than it is, or they are using it to divert attention from their real plans. No sure which.

China is in SHOCK right now. About a year ago we invited their Highest Level Military Leadership to the U.S. to observe actual U.S. War Games. First they went to Norfolk then they went to MANY bases in the U.S. and during this trip they were TOLD of the United States Military Capabilities and Planned Deployment as well as notified the U.S. already had several specific Weapon Systems and Satellite Targeting already deployed and Battle Ready. THIS WAS THE FREE ELECTRON LASER. The Russian's already knew but the Chinese didn't. The Highest Ranking Chinese Military Leader made a statement to the WORLD MEDIA after receiving this info. where he stated that the U.S. has nothing to fear about the Chinese Military as he stated that the U.S. Military is Multiple Decades Ahead of the Chinese Military in ALL ASPECTS and he stated...After what I saw here in the U.S. and the Professionalism and Tech. Level as well as level of training and then I think of our Military with it's poor equipment and outdated training regiment as well as obsolete War Planning...it makes me sad to know how far we have to go. He was severely Chastised by his Communist Leadership and they almost went so far as to say that he was telling LIES about U.S. Capabilities...but this was confirmed by every member of the Chinese Contingent that visited as well as confirmed by Russian Contacts. This changed China's plans to build a large Blue Water Navy as well as Help us with the North Korean issue and there is NO TALK ABOUT INVADING TAIWAN ANYMORE! China is now aware they could not survive a confrontation with the U.S. Military. Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
You know, I'm thinking china will undergo its own civil war before an actual war with any of us, look at those numbers, if they benefit from any technological progress, it'll most likely come from us as we aid the side of the civil war that leans toward the democratic position.
Now that would be somthing to see!!! An if you ask me, I think there new weapons will be used on themselves before us.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

In all honesty I doubt the entire world could survive a conflict with the US. This is changing, but the reality of where the US is today in terms of power and the ability to project that power (what good is a 2 million man army that you can't get to your enemies) the US is just on another level.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Nobody should get too confident in thinking the USA doesn't have to worry about China. We have no clue what they have developed in the last twenty years. If a war broke out between the USA and China and Missiles were launched, I'm sure Russia would take the opportunity to launch all it's missiles at the USA, couldn't ask for better timing. There is no way the USA could deflect that much. I don't care what technology the USA has, many would get through. Over confidence does not win wars it loses them.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Nobody wins in a Nuclear exchange.
The US would launch at both.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

Let them eat cake.

Yellow cake.......

On a serious note, China may have a nice little arsenal, but we all know, once missiles start to fly, there's not going to be a lot left, for anyone. I don't think in limited terms, when it comes to nuclear, cause even limited would cause worldwide destruction, for all.

Mills’ work, which appears online today in the Proceedings of the National Academies of Science, used a model from National Center for Atmospheric Research to look at the impact of throwing 5 million metric tons of black carbon, or soot, into the atmosphere. He found that when a cluster of cities are burning together, they end up creating their own weather, pumping soot 20,000 feet into the atmosphere. Once there, sunlight would heat the smoke, and drive it up 260,000 feet above the earth’s surface. Along the way, the hot soot would cause a variety of atmospheric changes with a net result of huge reductions in ozone, which in the stratosphere serves as sunblock for the earth. In the middle latitudes, the researchers found the ozone layer would be reduced by 25 to 45 percent, with the polar regions losing 50 to 70 percent of their ozone coverage. This thinning is known as a "hole" in the ozone layer, and would be many times the size of the famed hole over Antarctica. According to research cited by the paper, the increase in ultraviolet light falling to earth at the 45-degree latitude — a little south of Portland, Oregon — would cause damage to DNA to increase 213 percent. "It would have a dramatic effect on skin cancer and cataracts and be very damaging to crops and ecosystems," Mills said.

‘Regional’ Nuclear War Would Cause Worldwide Destruction

edit on 5-9-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Split Infinity

The answer to that is very simple, both the Chinese and the Russians only need to get ONE, just ONE ICBM through and burst it at the right place in the atmosphere to make the whole things very unappealing to the USA anyway.

So you see the reports, shielded missiles, highly maneuverable missiles combinations there of, multiple warheads etc etc et al

MAD is over so know for the moment they are doing their best to make it MAM Mutually assured Misery.

Think about it, launching lots of missiles doing lots of crazy things in hopes a few get through, why maneuverable? Get past the conventional systems but oh they will just use Fel.... so launch them in lots of directions, hug the ground go mobile, throw icbms up send them in a lot of different trajectories, sneak one in on a cargo container just for good measure... get something through so life sucks and they don't want to fight until we can figure something out.

All it takes after all is a large EMP burst over the midwest to really put a knot in our shorts and probably thwart our objectives to some degree, big ol mess no pc's, food doesn't ship power grid down troops have to be used to maintain order instead of occupy places we'd like to occupy...

Heck get 4 through and it's all a waste possibly, Get San Fran with a large enough payload, Get that Emp burst over the Midwest and nail Berlin and Tokyo and that's well... some empire you have left why bother.

I think our boys would call that acceptable actually, you'd rebuild nicely from that in all reality but it's a hell of a deterrent

But you get the picture, you don't need to get much through for it not to be worthwhile to attack

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

yup that's how we got those dudes that worshiped the Nuke in the old planet of the apes series, all albino and bald and living underground

(Frankly I think Dick Cheny was a time traveler because he looked just like one of em)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by penninja

which one?

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Chinese Navy: a force to be reckoned with

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Definitely the guy in the middle

Sadly you know what Dick Cheney and his Ilk think when they see that picture?

"See, No Darkies, it's a total win"

sick sad world

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

In all honesty I doubt the entire world could survive a conflict with the US. This is changing, but the reality of where the US is today in terms of power and the ability to project that power (what good is a 2 million man army that you can't get to your enemies) the US is just on another level.

You are correct. As I have said over and over again to the people who talk about numbers of Soldiers...if a Country has ZERO ABILITY TO FORCE PROJECT THEM...they are just TARGETS! Previous to the trip to the U.S. by High Ranking Chinese Leadership...every other day the Chinese were talking about reclaiming Taiwan. I do not think I have heard ONE WORD ABOUT TAIWAN since after that trip.

China now understands that the small distance of Ocean between China and Taiwan may as well be the DISTANCE TO THE MOON! U.S. Carrier Groups and Attack Subs would prevent any Chinese Troop Carriers from reaching Taiwan Shores. The U.S. Carriers could set up out of Range of Mainland China's Air Force Range Capabilities while U.S. Naval Aircraft not only have the Range but are expert in the Art of INFLIGHT REFUELING. Chinese Aircraft would have to return to their bases in China and U.S. Air Force Stealth Bombers would destroy these bases with ease as well as the U.S. Navy would sink ANYTHING bound for Taiwan. All the while...China's Millions of Army Troops would be USELESS...or at the bottom of the Ocean. This does not even take into account using the FEL as the Current SM-3 ABM/Satellite Killer is fully capable of destroying any and all incoming Chinese Missiles. The SM-3 took out a Satellite in ORBIT TRAVELING AT 18,000 Miles Per Hour and Directly Hit the HYDRAZINE TANK that is a Satellite Booster Fuel that is Highly Toxic...DEAD ON!

I believe the SM-3 would have VERY LITTLE PROBLEM Destroying an incoming Chinese ADVERTISED CARRIER KILLER MISSILE! Let's see...it can hit an object going 18,000 MPH at ORBITAL DISTANCE...so how would it do against a Missile flying towards a U.S. Carrier at a speed of Mach 2 or 3 at a distance of the SM-3's AEGIS CLASS CRUISERS launch teams discretion? I think the Carrier Crew sleeps VERY WELL AT NIGHT!
Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

We may not fully agree on some things, but it's refreshing to hear someone else with sound logic. Must be the Massachusetts air.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Thank You! Us Mass guy's need to stick together!
Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Also...the issue of China attempting to build a Military and especially a Navy...to compete with the United States is a DEAD ISSUE! China...always practical...has come to the obvious REALITY of the situation....that being that the U.S. Military is SO FAR in advancement that even if China were to increase Military Spending by a factor of 10...they would not come close to U.S. capabilities neither in 50 years or 100.

Russia also knows this but what comes out of Russia is rhetoric designed to gain PUTIN VOTES. On the sidelines...the U.S. and Russia are working together on many things and Russia is not even close to being a threat to the United States or even Europe for that matter.

China's Communist Party is still coming to terms with the SHOCK they were in for a time after their High Level Military Leadership visit to the United States where they observed U.S. Military Forces during War Games and then at a point during the visit...they were informed about U.S. Plans to fully deploy the FEL as well as MEB and the REALITY that the U.S. ALREADY HAS a fully operational Missile Defense System in place on a Global Scale.

Regardless of what some have said on this topic...there is ONE PROVABLE REALITY that even the U.S. Adversaries are aware of...that is...the United States Military is a MONSTER. It is Multiple Decades to a Century in some cases ahead of any other countries BEST TECH. There is no possibility of competing with it and no country in their right mind would want to go to WAR against it. This is the reality. Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by rottenrascals
reply to post by Chance321

They have a standing army that's over 2 million strong. We have less than half of that.

not really, that's all forces combined not their army, and our active military is at 1.4 million and reserves are just as big, if needed far more could be supported. china has too many troops to support in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Great analysis! Care to offer up any links? I am not disagreeing with you, or your information. Just would like to see a few sources validating your material. Please forgive me, but allow me to play devil's advocate. I can recall from history that Nazi Germany thought of themselves as being the most technologically advanced, and most sophisticated in training and tactics before their attack on Russia. Most of Europe under their boot, Panzer tanks, Stuka bombers, blitzkrieg, the first legitimate assault rifle, some of the most astute Generals to ever wear the uniform, ect., ect.

Pride commeth before a fall. I am in no way comparing the United States to Nazi Germany, but only highlighting a similar view of the militaries by both countries. The perception of invincibility.

Lets not get too full of ourselves. I would not wish a war between China and the US on my worst enemy. It will be costly for everyone involved. Could very well go nuclear before it is done. Millions would die. It is not something I would like to think about, and even considering all of the advanced tech allegedly had by the US military. A war game is one thing, but full-scale warfare is quite different. It can, and does going anywhere. I say that speaking as a veteran myself, and with full knowledge of the training and force projection capabilities by the US military. Just my opinion. You do bring up some good points though.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

Since I know of these things from a First Hand Basis of Information exchange...I will give you where and what to Google to prove my post.
Google...Free Electron Laser Deployment on Carrier Gerald R. Ford CVN-78.
Google...Nuclear Powered Free Electron Laser Installation on all U.S. Carriers and Cruisers.
Google...SM-3 New Ability as ABM and Satellite Killer.
Google...SM-3 Shoots Down Failing Satellite Direct Hit on HYDRAZINE TANK.
Google...U.S. Invites Chinese Military Leaders to Norfolk and other U.S. Bases.
Google...Chinese Military Leader states to World Press U.S. has nothing to fear from Chinese Military.
Google...Chinese Military Leader tells World Press China Decades behind U.S. Military.
Google...Chinese Military Leader speaks of poor condition of Chinese Military as compared to U.S. after Visit.
Google...Nuclear Free Electron Laser Ultimate Weapon.
Google...Chinese decide not to compete with U.S. Navy or Military.
Google...Chinese Military Leaders Visit to U.S. Military Bases change Chinese Threats about Taiwan.
Google...China now considers North Korea to be acting like a Spoiled Brat.
Google...China states it will not involve itself in Iranian/United States Military Confrontation.

There is much more but the reality is that China did a 180 after they visited the U.S. Military Bases in the States and after watching War Games out of Norfolk and then taken on a tour of many other bases...they were informed of U.S. Plans and Capabilities involving the FEL and MEB. The Chinese Admiral...I believe was the one who made the statements to the Media and this Pissed Off the Communist Party to the point when he got home they accused him of LYING! If it was not for the fact that the entire Chinese Military Contingent backed his statements up as being FACT...he would probably be in Prison right now. The Russians were already aware of U.S. Capabilities but the Chinese had to be told as they kept threatening to invade Taiwan...and the U.S. would have OBLITERATED any Chinese Troop Carrier Ships as well as the entire Chinese Navy. Chinese Air Force capabilities would have been curtailed as U.S. Carriers would have set up out of Chinese Planes Range and our Aircraft and Airmen are highly skilled in Mid-Air Refueling as well as U.S. Air Force would have sent in B-2's to destroy Mainland Chinese Air Bases. Any attempt at a Launch of the so called Chinese Carrier Killer Missile would not even need an FEL to destroy it as the New Designed SM-3 ABM as well as ASAT...can destroy these EASILY! The reality is the RIGHT NOW...every U.S. Cruiser and their is an Aegis Cruiser in every U.S. Carrier Group as well as specialized Guided Missile Ships converted from older Ship Designs...ARE LOADED WITH SM-3's all over the WORLD! Plus the U.S. has several operational FEL's...two on land with one in Alaska and one in Canada and an unknown number at sea...as well as another Longer Range ABM which is attached to an F-15 and there are SQUADRONS of these in unknown quantities...as well as Land Launched Versions which when put all together makes the U.S. the first Country in the World to have AN ACTIVE NUCLEAR MISSILE DEFENSE SHIELD. When the FULL SYSTEM is completed...the U.S. will have to redesign it's Military as Direct Energy Weapons such as the FEL and MEB can destroy with the help of multiple networked Super Computers and a Specialized Satellite Reflective Targeting System of which several are already deployed...capable of Vaporizing ANY TARGET ON EARTH OR IN THE DEEP OCEAN OR IN AIR OR SPACE and since the FEL BEAM can be split many, many times...it can vaporize something as small as a 50 Cal Round or WIDEN THE BEAM and vaporize a CITY or ENTIRE ARMY DIVISIONS with decision making and targeting as well as Hitting and Vaporizing the Target all done AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT! The first OVERT DEPLOYMENT of a NUCLEAR POWERED FEL will be in 2015 when the USS. CVN-78 GERALD R. FORD will be launched and be the first new carrier design since the Nimitz Class. It will replace Enterprise. It will use STEALTH have over 50% of it's Aircraft ROBOTIC and use MAG-LEV instead of a Steam Catapult. It will be followed by the USS.CVN-79 John F. Kennedy in 2020. In the mean time...all Nimitz Class Carriers and Aegis Class Cruisers will be refitted with either two new A1B Nuclear Reactors or 3 A1B's or two newer more powerful designed Reactors to handle powering of the FEL. The Aegis Class Cruisers will also have new Reactors installed and FEL's as well as a possible Airborne FEL if they can get the Reactor weight down. Anyway one looks at it...a system this powerful will render Troops, Tanks, Planes, Ships and Nuclear Weapons...OBSOLETE! This is why the U.S. has NO PLANS TO MODERNIZE IT"S NUCLEAR MISSILE FORCE...an FEL WIDE BEAM can do the same job without all the nasty RADIATION! This will make WAR OBSOLETE!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join