It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's Ballistic Missiles: A Force to be Reckoned With

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   

China's Ballistic Missiles: A Force to be Reckoned With

blogs.wsj.com

China dislikes U.S. ballistic missile defense (BMD) developments, existing and potential. Ballistic missiles have long represented one of China’s greatest military strengths, and it does not want them, or the nuclear weapons that they can deliver, negated. Resigned to the fact that the U.S. cannot be forced to halt development of its missile defense systems or reduce its focus on the Asia-Pacific, Beijing appears to be offering selective reminders that its missile forces are growing too strong to contain.

On Thursday, The Wall Street Journal reported that the U.S. plans to enhance its mis
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Thoughts? imho all signs point to another massive war. Im not talking about this article specifically.

There is so many stirring up the hornets nest.
Sooner or later a few will get stung, and someone is going to
break out the raid.

Maybe im pessimistic....or i can add. Or just maybe is much simpler.

blogs.wsj.com

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta

Thoughts? imho all signs point to another massive war. Im not talking about this article specifically.

There is so many stirring up the hornets nest.
Sooner or later a few will get stung, and someone is going to
break out the raid.

Maybe im pessimistic....or i can add. Or just maybe is much simpler.

blogs.wsj.com

Yeah, I have to agree that something is in the air. I doubt china would launch any nukes our way(US), they want our farm lands and our untouched oil and natural gas, coal, ect. But, yeah, china's been itching for an excuse to show that they are the big boy on the block these last few years.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

From your link:

Ballistic missiles have long represented one of China’s greatest military strengths

'Long'? As in since we sold them the technology that made it possible during the Clinton administration?

Washington Post

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

I don't think China needs to flex any muscle to prove it's the big boy. They have a standing army that's over 2 million strong. We have less than half of that.

China wouldn't attack America because of money. You don't bite the hand that feeds and right now China is seeing a lot of money coming in from America. If American money collapses and we no longer are useful to them, then I would be worried.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Negative. Folks said the same stuff while the US and USSR were building MASSIVE arsenals and as we have seen it didnt not lead to war. No reason why is will either.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321
Yeah, I have to agree that something is in the air. I doubt china would launch any nukes our way(US), they want our farm lands and our untouched oil and natural gas, coal, ect. But, yeah, china's been itching for an excuse to show that they are the big boy on the block these last few years.

You do have a point there, I haven't thought about China's desire for additional land ownership playing a role in their decision to use nukes. I still think there is a very real possibility for serious escalated tensions between China and the US. Perhaps we might see some smaller regional conflicts between the two ala the Cold War where the USSR would enter a conflict against a US armed enemy or the US would enter a conflict against a USSR armed enemy. The US is still technically at war with North Korea and I think the Chinese would be happy to help them out if that ever came to a head, I don't know if NK would be willing to pull anything drastic though, not with out the go ahead from China.

I think China is feeling increasingly isolated in terms of borders and allies, that's part of a US strategy I believe. I just don't know, China's a bit of a wild card and they know they have the edge on any home front challenge always have.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

It would indeed be difficult to stop them all with the technology we are told we have. China knows they would be turned to glass 100% though in the retaliatory strike. MAD. Still the best defense money can buy.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321
china's been itching for an excuse to show that they are the big boy on the block these last few years.

Care to compare China's naval might to the US's? Aircraft carriers? Thanks.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
China is possibly pissed or worried that after they had spent supposedly a huge amount of time and resources on their missiles that they could potentially be obsolete or not. They supposedly have a much larger Nuclear stockpile than first thought and larger than Russia's or US.

China's nuclear arsenal could be up to FORTY times bigger than thought

* Georgetown University student spent three years translating secret military documents and blogs

* Focus of research centred on 3,000 miles of underground tunnels dug by Second Artillery Corps

* Investigation launched after 2008 earthquake in Sichuan revealed existence of collapsed tunnels

* Study claims China could have as many as 3,000 nuclear warheads - far more then current estimates of between 80 and 400

China's nuclear arsenal may be many times larger than estimates suggest, a group of students have claimed after three years of painstaking researching through restricted documents.

Led by a former top Pentagon official, the students at Georgetown University, in Washington DC, have scrutinised satellite imagery, translated Chinese military documents and filtered through thousands of online files.

The focus of their extensive research has been the thousands of miles of underground tunnels dug by the Second Artillery Corps to hide China's missile arsenal.

edit on 2-9-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
what countries has china been using their missiles on?

i can think of around a dozen usa has used theirs on but no ones reckoning them i reckon?

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by rottenrascals
reply to post by Chance321

I don't think China needs to flex any muscle to prove it's the big boy. They have a standing army that's over 2 million strong. We have less than half of that.

Your numbers are skewed. The PLA is numbered around 2.2 million, which is inclusive of their air and naval forces. The US armed forces number around 1.5 million. I never was very good at mathematics, perhaps you can explain that whole "less than half" comment.

Actually, don't even bother, because raw numbers haven't mattered in decades now. I could get into the argument of experience, training and weapons quality, technological integration, logistical coordination and so forth....but I wouldn't want to stomp on your view of China being some sort of military threat outside of China.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Current Chinese Nuclear Missiles or ICBM's have already been negated. The U.S. has the ability to either shoot them down with SM-3 ABM's or Vaporize the Warheads with the use of several operational of a planned number of close to 70 Free Electron Lasers.

The U.S. has Two FEL's that are Land Based operational and several at sea. All U.S. Carriers will have a Nuclear powered FEL installed as well as every Aegis Class Cruiser. This is but the small part of a Anti-Missile System that will be World Wide.

But even right now...China's Missiles are not a threat. Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by minnow
what countries has china been using their missiles on?

i can think of around a dozen usa has used theirs on but no ones reckoning them i reckon?

Please name these dozen countries the US has nuked. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Pretty much. I'm much more interested in their stealth fighter technologies and how much is real and what is smoke and mirror. They show off their planes a bit too much, Sun Tzu says to make your enemy look where you want. If you are weak, pretend to be strong.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   

It seems impossible that China and the USA won't go to war. But they said the same about the USSR. I think the biggest difference is that the USSR did not feed off the USA for it's growth.. it was mutual growth and power. We now however are declining.. it only makes sense that we, eventually, attack China. According to Human history anyways.. nuclear weapons is kind of a wrench in the machine however. Who knows. Eventually there will be mutual destruction somewhere, somehow.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

We are decades beyond China in both equipment and tactics. Even if China had 12 carriers drop from the sky they have no idea how to even use them. China is in serious financial distress as well, and they don't own nearly as much debt as you might think. China needs the US, the US can find someone to replace China, and personally we should move to India.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Pretty much. I'm much more interested in their stealth fighter technologies and how much is real and what is smoke and mirror. They show off their planes a bit too much, Sun Tzu says to make your enemy look where you want. If you are weak, pretend to be strong.

Having a Stealth Fighter that can be detected by IR-LIGHT is WORTHLESS! The F/A-22 Raptor used a very advanced EM manipulation Tech. that eliminates IR-Light Tracking.

The Chinese Stealth Craft do not have this and their Stealth is not all that Stealthy...still...we could track their IR Emissions very easily and blow them out of the sky. You are right! They talk too much about their Fighter.
Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I dont see it as anything particularly ominous.

Its the obvious outcome of US BMD efforts. All potential adversaries will be working on expanding or improving the effectiveness of their attacking abilities.

BMD is supposed to kickstart a new nuclear arms race. Thats good for business. Its working.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
The "Boxer Rebellion" is the last time Europe/Russia/Australia/US (white boyz) ganged up on China and slaughtered them. Then made them pay something like a million tons of silver for "Reparations". They know whats coming. They never did get 'reparations' from Japan either after WWII.

They're going to get slaughtered.

We've had some screw ups in their favor though. Northrup Grumman used the H-2 visa program and hired that guy from India, Noshir Gowadia to design/build the B-2 bomber. He gave the blueprints to China for FREE of our B-2 bomber. Plus he designed them stealth cruise missiles.

They probably have a secret fleet of long range stealth bombers. Plus they probably know how to "see" ours and neutralize them. We have many areas around the world to shoot down their ballistic missiles. The Ronald Reagan Test Center at Kwajalein likely will shoot down most of them. The white boyz are going to really slaughter them again, and they know it.

There's nothing they can do to survive. They opened their doors to our manufacturers and their country's been infiltrated. Plus dropping the Hong Kong rebels we dropped on them, created a social mess and they have a good reason not to trust any of them. They aren't "chinese" and are refusing to accept Nationalism.....actually belonging to China.Britain did good in the Hong Kong mission and the Crown jewels will get replenished after the mission gets completed and China toppled again.

China's biggest problem right now is what's coming at them from the inside. The white boyz successfully plotted their failure long ago.....when they were beat the last time and man did we do some sick things to them then.

China's scared to death. Their achilles heal is they can't think of using tactics to their advantage in the Psyops realm or tricking a populace to your advantage. Plus they aren't capable of putting things into deep space and keep it undetected for military use. They are watching what we're doing in space in low earth orbit only and they're scratching their heads trying to figure out what we're doing. They're going to have to nuke space to try and neutralize what we got up there....but it will be futile and will be able to be used to justify to our populace they need to be exterminated.

There's no way for them to win.....or is there? They make all the tampons used in America. They could win without fighting by merely putting a toxin in the next shipment to sterilize all your women.

Then whatcha going to do? Government created test tube babies.....our .Gov would love to take over that realm. Jeez maybe we planned all along to do that and blame it on them anyways to justify exterminating them.

Doesn't matter.....poor chinese are going to be exterminated and they know it. First shots and causes are just formalities.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join