It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan hid the fossils to trick everyone!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by KingAtlas
reply to post by Sinny

Sinny, please read the OP haha

This is not meant to be a thread to denounce any religious beliefs.
I wrote this thread to have a discussion with those who actually believe this, and get some facts about how far this line of thought extends.

I am hoping people can be civil. People have the right to religious freedom.

"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool." ― William Shakespeare

As for your picture, saying "If satan punishes the bad guys, doesn't that make him a good guy"
I can say this, in the Jewish religion, satan is a good guy more or less. The way it was explained to me is that, he is there to temp you, but he doesn't want you to falter. A simplification would be he is the product tester.
Now I am not saying this is true, but it is how the Talmud is interpreted by some sect of judism.

* I am not Jewish, I just like to learn about subjects of all kinds.

No, I know, I've personally give up the fight of debating God, I just like to LOL at the piks

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

From a religious point of view, if Satan is allowed to do this, does it mean God has no power to stop him?

First off, I think that I have come across this reasoning once and I do not agree with it. Having said that, there is another interpretation of "burying fossils" that I do agree with - burying them within the theory of evolution. Adam was created 6,000 years ago, but unfortunately there is zero evidence of any evolutionary change in that time span.  Therefore, the theory of evolution of man must prove an older history of man than what is presented in the Bible. Fossil age does that. And in order to have fossils hundreds of millions of years old, not only does the Earth have to be old but the Universe must be as well. Fossils therefore are old because they are buried in an old Earth. The theory of evolution has to have "old fossils".This is where the purported age of fossils is a complete and utter deception. And yes, this deception is done by Satan and allowed by the Creator of Heaven and Earth - the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. For what purpose, only He can give you the reason.

If Satan buried all the fossils, then are any/all scientific discoveries also tricks?

Satan is the ruler of this age. He is a liar. Every theory in science today  is accepted as truth, and most are indoctrinated to ignore the multitude of "mays, maybes, in theory, purports, could be" wording. But God tells us that He is Truth. If you could come to the belief that Satan rules this age, for God's set purposes, would it not make you question what and how deep those lies extend?

Babylon controls all of these systems - science, religion, medicine etc. it is a house of dominoes with so many layers of deception built one upon the other. When these fall, and they will, the Truth will shine out beyond understanding. Let's assume that geocentrism was true all along...that the stars and sun revolve around the centre of the universe - us. It will be evident that every theory, built upon yet another theory and yet another theory, has misled most. The world is shouting right now that it does not need nor want their Creator and Saviour - that man-made medicine can save you, that science will save us, that technology will save us, that man will save us. But Our Creator sits up there, watching the children of God being raised here on Earth learn to trust completely in the name of His Saviour - Yahushua - which means "God saves". If you knew this in the core of your spirit, you would understand just how close we are to the end of this Age and would understand why Satan is so thunderously proclaiming throughout his Babylon that his systems (religions, science, technology, economics) will save you if only you will put your faith in them instead of God Almighty.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I for one would like to see some definitive proof of this Satan, for as far as I am concerned, Satan is nothing but a thought-form made by humans who believe in him. Christians give this thought-form shape and movement by their constant and never ending support of him, you can hardly read a thread in the religious section without someone tying the name. I suppose in the end the die hard Christians will finally get their Satan, and they can have him.

I just wish they would keep their Satan to themselves, as some of us do not care to hear about it.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

Thank you for your post, and your honesty.

I did have some follow up questions, for yourself or anyone else who believes the same general idea.

First off, I was wondering how you came to these conclusions?

The next thing I would like to touch on is the version of the bible you use, as it may have a influence on how you interpret specific sections of the bible. If you would feel comfortable enough to share which version you use, that would be interesting. (Do not feel obliged, it is just a request)

The last thing I wanted to touch on is specifically in response to your post.
It is a three part question.
You had said that satan is influencing the medical field, now my questions pertaining to this are:
If you were injured, would you seek medical care?
Would prayer be an adequate substitution, or would a combination of prayer and medical care be more appropriate?
If you would not seek medical attention, to what extent does this reach; are band-aids acceptable or chemicals to clean out wounds?

I apologize in advance if any of my questions are too invasive.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I cant belive people still belive in GOD!!

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ototheb85

I can't believe people don't read the OP before posting.

A one liner does not add to this thread.

I find it very interesting to learn about how and why people believe what they do, no matter what it is.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
The first thing I thought of with this thread was this:

Prankster satan anyone?

edit on 24-8-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
"Satan" didnt hide anything how naive must a person be to believe the propaganda against this person ? its plain racism

bones get burried by natural movement of soil in its lowest form "dust" and shifting sands become solid over thousands of years its not a god dam secret just look at easter island , giant heads but no body untill they dig down and what did they find ? the rest of their body !!! did satan do this too ? i think not , have some common sense ...

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac
Satan wrote the bible to trick us probably

You get what you bring when you read the bible. If you are caught up in dualistic egomind then you will only find more of the same in the bible and miss the purpose of it. If you are already free and know the thruth then the bible will be just another source and proof of the thruth.

Reading the bible with a small mind just brainwashes the mind and closes the mind from seeking the thruth and god and increases ego. But in my way of thinking satans is a symbolic representation of human ego.

God made many religon for souls to find their way home so if you have not achived anything from Christianety the chose another path that works faster/better for you.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
You've all got it wrong.

God hid the fossils.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
It wasn't god or satan, it was the mice.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by KingAtlas

Show some proof of this biblical Satan first...

At least fossils are solid evidence...

Do you mean the symbolic represantiation of the egomind that can do egoparasitic behaviour without empathy or do you mean something physical of a being that may be satan?

The first one you have probably meet in the mirror at least once in your life. The second one I don't really exist but I might be wrong. Does it matter if he exists or not. The cure is the same. Lose small mind and keep track of your ego/mind/wants.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by KingAtlas

Originally posted by MagicWand67
If Satan hid them, God had to have made them first.

What exactly is the purpose of this alleged trick anyway?

God and evolution theory can both co-exist.

Well from what I gather, it depends on your interpretation of the bible.
Also, this explanation was used more commonly in the older generations, as an alternative explanation for fossils.

But you do raise a good question, what is the purpose; from what I understand, it was to fool people into believing in evolution, and thereby creating doubt in the hearts of faithful people.

Now what I think really got this going was that Darwin had linked human to apes, which cause problems because some people found it to be blasphemy. "God made man in his image" comes into play, thereby infering that God was an Ape.

I am actually trying to find out who coined this phrase, but it is tough.

That is bad translation that removes the hint at the nature of god that exists in the bible.

•"Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth,” (Gen. 1:26, NASB).

God creates and uses all the systems they create for the purpose of all/everything.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by KingAtlas

Have you ever researched the wealth of information that actually proves evolution is not a valid theory overall?

There is not nearly enough proof of evolution out there, way too many holes in that theory. I have seen scientists who, after much research into the topic, actually converted to faith in a living God because of all the evidence in support of creation. Here is an example:

signsofthelastdays.com...

"Contrary to what most scientists write, the fossil record does not support the Darwinian theory of evolution because it is this theory (there are several) which we use to interpret the fossil record. By doing so we are guilty of circular reasoning if we then say the fossil record supports this theory."

Ronald R. West, PhD (paleoecology and geology) (Assistant Professor of Paleobiology at Kansas State University), "Paleoecology and uniformitarianism". Compass, vol. 45, May 1968, p. 216

Circular reasoning?

Isn't that what atheists usually accuse Christians of doing?

At this point, many Darwinists will usually trot out the same handful of incredibly weak, totally laughable examples of "transitional forms" that have been debunked and discredited time after time.

For example "Archaeopteryx" has been used as "proof" of evolution for years, mostly because scientists can't find anything better to support their case. Fortunately, it is very easy to debunk....

www.answersingenesis.org...

The cold, hard truth of the matter is that if Darwinian evolution was true there would be millions and millions and millions of very clear transitional fossils in the fossil record.

But their "theory" has a huge problem.

The fossils are simply not there.

"Lastly, looking not to any one time, but to all time, if my theory be true, numberless intermediate varieties, linking closely together all the species of the same group, must assuredly have existed. But, as by this theory, innumerable transitional forms must have existed, why do we not find them embedded in countless numbers in the crust of the earth?"

-Charles Darwin

There are millions and millions of fossilized creatures out there. So why can't we find tons of transitional forms among all of those fossils?

Well, as one prominent evolutionist once explained, it is because they simply are not there....

"In fact, the fossil record does not convincingly document a single transition from one species to another."

-Evolutionist Stephen M. Stanley, Johns Hopkins University

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

Science should be questioned like everything else and can be either good or bad. God should also be questioned as much as possible because he/they are the best teachers of the spiritual nature of reality and can show you many hidden things and give you the gift of hightened understanding.

It is funny looking at Quantum mechanics and seing them trying to explain things that they cannot explain since they have no senses outside 3D reality and cannot see what really happens when a electron is quantum jumping from one state to the next so in 3D it magicly dissapear and appear.
I can not see what happens in higher D but I have a clue that all the answers how reality works is there, even synchronicity. And I am really curious to find out.

All knowledge/understanding is a gift from above. Treasure it and use it wisely with empathy.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ototheb85
I cant belive people still belive in GOD!!

I don't belive in god or any religon. I know god from own experiance and dogmatic faith is not part of my experiance. Seek thruth and you will find it. Chakra and meditation is a good start if you wanna know the thruth about reality instead of being told what is true and beliving in smallminded human conditioning that you have been told in school.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by saintinwaiting

The fossil record does not support the Darwinian theory of evolution because it is this theory (there are several) which we use to interpret the fossil record. By doing so we are guilty of circular reasoning if we then say the fossil record supports this theory.

The reasoning is not circular: it is one-way; from the fossil record to evolution. The fossil record says that evolution has occurred. Darwin was by no means the first, or even of the first generation, to notice this.

His theory does not state that evolution occurs; that is taken for granted. It proposes an explanation of how it works – a mechanism called natural selection. I'm sure you're familiar with the term.

There is no shortage of transitional forms; indeed, every individual fossil is a transitional form, because that's how evolution works. I don't hope to convince you of this, however; if you don't feel confidence in the evidence for evolution (much less natural selection), then by all means refuse to believe in it; I should.

I can't help but wonder, though, how much these material details truly influence your choice of what to believe.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
There is no problem with the existence of fossils from a religious perspective.
The problem comes when they say that a fossil in a certain layer is very old because the layer is very old.
They assume the layer to be very old because they believe that all geological formations are created through gradual processes which take millions of years.
On the other hand creationists believe that geological formations have formed much quicker through violent cataclysms.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_
It wasn't god or satan, it was the mice.

Ever take a walk in the woods and wonder why the ground is not littered with bones and antlers? It is because the mice and other rodents gnaw the bones/antlers into oblivion to get the calcium. The very existence of fossils indicates that they were buried quickly, before natural processes could destroy them. I'm assuming there were bone-eaters millions of years ago.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Okay this is not the thread for Evolutionist vs. Creationist.. lots of other threads for that....
Not every thread in this area is about that...

This thread was very specifically created so that people who believe this could explain in more detain about this, without fear of negative reaction.

Please...Please... read the OP before posting.

If you believe Evolution is wrong that's fine, please post here if you believe the title of the thread.
Don't post here all your proof why Evolution is wrong, unless you believe the thread title and it pertains to your reasons why.

I am just curious about the people who believe this, and I wish to learn more.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join